Greebling A Figure...?

Page 1 of 1

Post Greebling A Figure...?

#1  Whazizname 27 Jan 2009 13:48

Hi;

I'm curious; is there a way to add greebles, or nurnies to a figure that won't require re-rigging of the figure afterwards?

I tried to add greebles in a modeling app, and editng the cr2 to use the new obj; but when opened in Poser, the greebles did not show, and the item behaved like a static prop.

I also tried parenting the greebles to the figure in Poser; but then of course, they don't bend with the figure. (I seem to remember a "follow bends of parent" function; but I could not find it...)

I treid this on a clothing figure; I suppose that it would not be quite as problematic on a 'hard bodied' figure.
{Oh yeah, I'm still using P5 Mac OSX, if that helps to answer this.}

Thanks in advance!

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Greebling A Figure...?

#2  Tormie 27 Jan 2009 21:35

... It was difficult to me to translate "greeble" or "nurnie" to my language in the proper way, if I'm not wrong, you want to add props to a part of a figure. On Wikipedia greebles are definied like those object on the exterior of a space ship made to break the linearity and made to look like working objects, to me it looked like the definition of those panels like those of the space shuttle.

In any case, if you want to modify the original obj adding greebles, it's something that I've tried in the past with poor results, it's not as easy as it can appear and I finished parenting the object to the body part. Specifically, with Posy I'm using eyes and teeth from a different model. Thinking about it... You could do this: for example you've a car figure and you want to add greebles to the front bumper: export the bumper as obj, modify it, load the model of the car, import the modified obj, place it exactly on the original bumper, select the original bumper and in Poser choose object/replace body part with prop.

in mechanical object it should work fine, when you export/import just unflag all the options and you should have the obj placed exactly where it should be. In human figure parts it works "worse" because you loose all the morphs... But for example eyes works great and the teeth can be simply parented...

In this case, for me it would be simpler to move the figure to the final pose for the picture, with the morphs already applied and use the same method, using the figure like a mere obj... Obviuosly you won't have a fully functional modified figure but you can make the picture easily . (noob-Tormie technique )

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  Whazizname 28 Jan 2009 15:11

Sorry about the translation troubles Tormie; I should have included the Wikipedia link in my post.

I also asked this question at Team-Dystopia; I think that between your suggestions and those of rg5a (at team-dystopia) I'll be able to make good progress on this idea.

Here is an image of where I was on it last night; I had a round of testing to do today; but I expect to do more to this later.

Thanks for the assistance!

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

#4  Tormie 05 Mar 2009 00:39

Look Great Whazizname   . I'm trying photoshop CS$ that has a features to paint directly on 3D Objects and you can do also Bump Maps on the fly

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts New figure TdaC The Toys Box 5 06 Jan 2006 17:31 View latest post
No new posts A Figure For Poser 14 Pro sayangske I'm New, Please Whip Me Gently 8 21 Feb 2015 15:44 View latest post
Chromium
No new posts I think P4 is the best figure for Poser!! matrix The Posetteforever diary 19 13 Feb 2006 05:44 View latest post
No new posts New free figure TdaC Interesting links 1 26 Dec 2006 20:21 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Athena II Free Figure A_C_C Interesting links 9 04 Feb 2010 09:01 View latest post
ahjah

Page 1 of 1