We moved !

Page 1 of 1

Post We moved !

#1  Tormie 09 Aug 2010 23:05

As announced we moved to a new server !

Tired of Godaddy's "Internal Server Error" I switched to another hosting company.

Well, there will be same differences ... I opted for a German hosting company, whose name I can't really remember Het... Something...

Fact is that I asked for suggestions on a Web Admins site and the users gave me back a series of names, then I chose this one after reviewing a lot of positive reviews all over the internet.
I hope for the best

What will change for you? I hope nothing, for Andreas the site will load probably before he clicks the link , for me it's simply faster, for the friends all over the world, just tell me if you notice a lot of lag, I think it would be even better wherever you're: testing it, the main page generation time with the first load passed from 16 to 30 seconds to 1 or 2 seconds so the server is faster and you should not notice the higher ping time.

The control panel of the server is what I dreamt of, I was able to adjust some parameters that were unaccessible at Godaddy, soon you'll be able to transfer bigger files and I set the timeout for the scripts to a large time, hoping to see no or very few server errors.

More than that, they automatically backup every day the files and the database like the "time machine" of a Mac so I'll sleep more deeply know that I can roll back in case of hacking or if something goes wrong.

Anyway, I'll leave the files and the database on Godaddy for a while, just in case something goes wrong here.

As usual , please, write me is something is not working or missing, things like files or pictures, just right-click on the missing picture and send me the link.

The transfer of the site took almost a whole day, there were more than 20.000 files to move through my home poor dsl connection   so I'm sorry for the downtime.

I hope that there at Godaddy they will give me back some bucks ... This moving costed me an eye and a leg ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: We Moved !

#2  ahjah 10 Aug 2010 18:30

Everything seems to work fine. Thanks for all the efford     

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  tda42 10 Aug 2010 20:47

Great work as usual Davide. It seems to be a lot faster than before. Also the porch light glows brighter. Hmmm I guess it was that nuclear reactor Davide said he was going to get.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#4  Tormie 10 Aug 2010 20:49

tda42 wrote: [View Post]
Great work as usual Davide. It seems to be a lot faster than before. Also the porch light glows brighter. Hmmm I guess it was that nuclear reactor Davide said he was going to get.

Thank you Kenny

Don't say the Russians that they are protecting from the fire an empty building   ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  leahman 10 Aug 2010 23:33

-it  IS  'faster....

'AS Usual, 'fearless leader has succeeded... in  'a technological wonder....

so 'lets 'NOT  'press our Luck, by playing  'with the neculear reactor....

<—THIS is NOT 'whut leahman 'wants -to be....

blank.gif leahman Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 22317
Lemons 663
hearts 3697

Post Re: We moved !

#6  Tormie 11 Aug 2010 02:42

A side note on this server:

I paid Godaddy for a linux hosting, but I think that they placed me on a Windows server instead.

I noticed it by the errors that appeared (more could show off...) .

I forgot to add the suffix to some Robert's small graphics (.png) and while they were working on the old server, now they were  not shown, usually on windows you can "make a call" to a graphic file and it opens it even if the call has not the suffix...

Other files where written with the upper or lower case wrong, windows doesn't care of it, but now they disappeared ...
I had to find the error and correct it...

I cannot operate anymore from a windows machine because now I have some files with the same name but with different capital letters, if I backup on windows, they will be overwritten...

Luckily I've my Hackintosh and a very well working Ubuntu on a partition for this tasks  

Still no words fro Godaddy about the refund

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031