P3dO Explorer 1.8 another free program

Page 1 of 1

Post P3dO Explorer 1.8 another free program

#1  melamkish 02 Mar 2006 03:24

Here is another freeware program I found that is fully functional and is distributed by SENO Software. Program is called P3dO Explorer. It is a 3D image viewer and manager for Photography and 3D objects.  It has several plugins.  There are 5 general purpose plugins, but for the Poser user an additional download contains these plugins-

" . AWK 1.8 - Poser file parser & Scene Manager
  . Rsr2Png 1.8 - Poser image converter
  . Morph Manager 4.0 - As the name says
  . PoserPython 1.8 - Open/Save files into/from Poser"

Some of the features are described on here: http://www.senosoft.com/softp3do.php

And download the freeware version here: http://www.senosoft.com/softp3doDownload.php

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  melamkish 06 Mar 2006 15:05

I took a better look at this program.  It has some features that could be useful.

The interface is similar to Windows explorer so it is easy to get used to.  While it is another graphics viewer with thumbnail views, the best thing I see is its ability to open and view 3D objects and support files from within the program.

You can select a file in your runtime folder such as a cr2. The entire file tree for that cr2 is shown including the mesh information, material groups, all the way to the individual textures.  Thumbnail pics are shown if available.

There is a mini-rendering engine that gives a small 3D view of the obj if selected.  Clicking on a texture jpeg will open the texture file for viewing.  

If you download the plug in set, you can open Morph Manager 4.0 from within the program.  The ability to read the mesh and groups while having MM open could be the best feature of the program.

I also found it useful to look for orphan files that I may have put in the wrong place.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#3  posfan 06 Mar 2006 18:48

And it's a really big help if you look for a specific Zip-file from which you can't remember the name in your 10GB Freebie archive!!  [img:c582c6c6ba]http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/b020.gif[/img:c582c6c6ba]

I can only recommend this prog!!  [img:c582c6c6ba]http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/a070.gif[/img:c582c6c6ba]

blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#4  Tormie 07 Mar 2006 01:20

Thank you melamkih, it deserves a look soon   !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  pangor 17 Mar 2006 19:16

I have this program, it is a very good one.

pangor 

#6  Kaya 24 Mar 2006 03:18

I like it too.  There are some features I would like from the pro version, such as the rsr to png but multi folder version.  There are too much stuff on my to buy list and not enough in my bank account.   talked about money and wanting to buy commerical stuff

I keep wanting to think that quote selected in the quick reply is the submit button and then wonder why my post isn't being sumbitted.  

Kaya Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Location: Lost in my computer, inbetween several diffrent programs and browsing web too much
Tomatoes 560
Lemons 462
hearts 0

#7  melamkish 24 Mar 2006 03:21

I often hit the "Quote selected" button when I'm not paying attention.  Don't feel like your the only one.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#8  Kaya 24 Mar 2006 03:28

Sorry for asking it here but don't know where else to ask it.  what does the quote selected button do?  other than not submit the post.

Kaya Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Location: Lost in my computer, inbetween several diffrent programs and browsing web too much
Tomatoes 560
Lemons 462
hearts 0

#9  pangor 24 Mar 2006 22:41

Kaya, it is fine that you aksed it here, but there is a forum dedicated to asking  such question or reporting problems, etc.  It is the "Whip the Administrators" forum.

To answer your question, while you are typing in a reply, you can highlight some text and then click on that button, it will place that text into your reply and surround it with the bbCode markup codes to include that text as quoted material, like this:

Quote:
this is a sample of quoted material. The button does not work for me, so I entered the markup code for this effect by hand.

I doubt that it will work for you Kaya, or for you either Melamkish.  The functionality of the button depends on the certain member functions being avalable for the document class provided by the Java script interpreter used by your web browser.  It does not work for mine, so assuming that since you are using the same brower version though on a different OS, the Javascript interpreter would be similar.  So it is does not provide the needed function.

OH, don't you two feel bad about hitting that button by accident.  Before the last major software upgrade of this site, the quote button, the one next to the edit button was located next to the report message button.  So at that time, many of us kept hitting the report button instead to the quite button.  Resulting in many false reports of problem messages, most of those reports were sent to the entire staff.

pangor 

#10  Tormie 15 Apr 2006 22:49

Thank you for the explanation pangor, I hope Kaya have read it   !

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#11  Tormie 15 Apr 2006 22:49

Quote:

So at that time, many of us kept hitting the report button instead to the quite button. Resulting in many false reports of problem messages, most of those reports were sent to the entire staff.

Now you know why someone disappears so quickly from the site   ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  pangor 30 Apr 2006 21:01