New Vid card

New Vid card
Article
Post New Vid card 

I'm in the market for a new video card. Right now I have a Raedion (spelling?) 9200. My system specs: HP, 2gigs ram 40gig harddrive. Any thoughts on a good card to buy? The programs I use are Wings3D, Hexagon, Poser, DAZ and bryce. No games are played on this machine, but I still need a good card for the graphic apps I'm running.

tonyb42 [ 29 Apr 2006 14:49 ]

New Vid card
Comments
I've a Radeon 9800, I think that with Poser and 3d programs the ultimate graphic cards are too much, I don't see the difference from the video interface of the motherboard and the radeon 9800 when using Poser, but if you play a game it's all different. So I think you've already a good card for 3d applications tonyb42, you won't see any difference with a more expensive one,  

Tormie [ 29 Apr 2006 19:12 ]
I am using am older AGP slot ATI Rage 128 Pro (and OEM reseller version) and I am happy with it.  Works well for 3D and for those games that I do play.

pangor [ 29 Apr 2006 20:26 ]
Graphics cards just depend on the user and what they want in it. I have a top of the line G Force Nvidia. The Games will do the best for it but the graphics remain in tacked for 3D graphics. Any of the cards you have heard here are great. The gaming and animation will be the big deal with most Graphics cards. Hope this helps you.

tda42 [ 29 Apr 2006 23:15 ]
pangor";p="30912 wrote: 
I am using am older AGP slot ATI Rage 128 Pro (and OEM reseller version) and I am happy with it.  Works well for 3D and for those games that I do play.

... and I thought, I was the only one driving this oldtimer

ahjah [ 30 Apr 2006 01:21 ]
Thanks everyone for the input! I took a closer look at my over all vid settings and had what call a ... "duh" moment . I changed my open GL settings and created a vid profile for doing graphics. So Tormie was very correct in that my present card should be fine. I noticed when I started using hexagon that the ambient occusion would slow/crash the machine. My drivers were up to date, so I thought the next level up in vid cards would help. After seeing what you folks are using, it dawned on me that maybe I just needed to fine tune a bit  

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, which (    ) happened to be right under my nose!

tonyb42 [ 30 Apr 2006 02:02 ]
Go to http://omegadrivers.net and you'll find the best solution of modified drivers for your graphic card     !

Tormie [ 30 Apr 2006 08:12 ]
Cool beans!    thanks for the link    

tonyb42 [ 30 Apr 2006 15:09 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1