The Mailing Lists !!

Page 1 of 1

Post The Mailing Lists !!

#1  Tormie 26 Dec 2004 15:38

Hi friends   , I just added a new link to our site, it's the new Mailing Lists!

What it does?

You can subscribe one ore more forum of Posetteforever and when someone post a new message to the forum you'll receive it on your email address, with smilies and all. Then you can reply to that message and the reply will be posted into the forum   ... So you can receive the posts and reply to them without being online to the site, and/or make the two things...

Now, this is a very "beta" not very stable release and the author will release new versions and I'll upgrade it, but here are the bugs and limitations:

- When you post a new message, you'll receive the same post in your email address when it will be published on the forum.

- The import of the messages sent from your email and received by the site is done every half hour (I hope, or once in a hour), so the messages sent via email will not been shown immediatly

- Every forum has his email address at Posetteforever.com and I'm using our free accounts at godaddy.com, so they are limited to 250 relays per day and 10 Megabytes. I think that they are enough because the system should call the server 48 times per days and I hope none of you will sent a 10 Megabyte message   ...

- The Mailing list recognize your email address, if it's not the same that you used when you registered to the forum the email will be rejected and the admins adviced

- The mailing list will never be used to send spam, be warned because some of our users have a virus in their system that uses the email addresses stored there to send spam or viruses...

- Posy   seems to not recognize the messages sent via the mailing list...

So try it if it is useful for you, you can subscribeunsuscribe clicking the "mailing lists" link on the pencil at the top of the page...

One suggestion: If you subscribe all the forum you can turn of the [i:ce5c766c42]"Always notify me of replies"[/i:ce5c766c42] option in your control Panel/preferences or you'll have the notify for a message that you'll receive directly on your email box...

Please notify me errors/things that don't work and suggestions: for examlple I turned on the html so that you can receive smiles, pictures and funny signatures, but I can turn it off...

Last edited by Tormie on 26 Dec 2004 17:15; edited 4 times in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post The Mailing Lists !!

#2  Tormie 26 Dec 2004 15:51

And it works ! lol !

[i:d3e72ed784][size=9:d3e72ed784]Post generated using with our Mailing List Service (M2F)[/size:d3e72ed784][/i:d3e72ed784]

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  Tormie 15 Jun 2005 21:14

The mailing list no longer exists , but now there is the digest   !

http://www.posetteforever.com/digests.php

Try it   !

Last edited by Tormie on 15 Jun 2005 21:49; edited 1 time in total 
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  pangor 15 Jun 2005 21:47

Already have.    

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts ab3p and ab3b mailing list. Guest The Posetteforever diary 1 19 Feb 2005 18:38 View latest post
Tormie

Page 1 of 1