Subject: Autologin and cookies problem with Firefox
Hi friends, watching the log of the site I saw that most of the Firefox users are experiencing problems with autologin and as a conseguence with the infamous cookies.

There is a radical solution for it and I found that is the only thing that really solves the problem.

First close all Firefox windows.

I've the italian version of windows XP, however you've to delete a file called cookies.txt , this file is located under a directory in this path:

c:/Document and settings/(your profile name)/application data/Mozilla/FireFox/Profiles/(strangecharacter).default/

Some of these directories are hidden or system directories so in order to see them you've to change the overall settings for directories using the "Tools" link in the main bar over a directory.

Once done Firefox will recreate the file himself and will write the cookie in the right way. Be warned that deleting that file you'll have to login again on each site you'll go (for the first time).

I hope this is useful for you...

Subject:
I use firefox most of the time and never had problems I think :mmmh:

Subject:
The problem appeared when I upgraded the site to this version. I think that in a lot of users the old cookie conflicts with the new one. The radical method to solve the problem is this one, I tried to replicate the error and found that using the "delete the cookies" from firefox options doesn't not solve the problem in some cases, I don't know why :dontknow:.
Without the cookies properly set its' difficult to surf and use the album too because the album software actually has not the same session id of the forum (I'm still working on it but it's hard...)

An users shouldn't have to login every time he/she come to the forum with cookies enabled and working and the "remember me" box flagged in the login page

Subject:
Luckily, I've never had a problem. But thanks for looking out for us Firefox users :thumb:

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Autologin And Cookies Problem With Firefox
:) — I don't know if this is Relative -or not...
Since I use `the Mac Version of FireFox
But I use it as the MAIN Browser, and it's stable and reliable.
I have `Safari, and Chrome, but very rarely use them.

Ah I think it is fixed by now. :mmmh: Notice the date.

Ozymandias Jones 24 Oct 2005 17:47 :thumb:

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Autologin and cookies problem with Firefox
There are some issues with Safari, I don't know why... I've to check... Firefox is working OK :D

Safari is working OK on my MackBook Pro here...

Page 1 of 1