We're back !

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post We're back !

#1  Tormie 30 Oct 2006 13:04

Hi friends

As you can see the upgrade is almost finished   ! A lot of work remains to do, but the main functions are working, in the next hours I'll install what is misiing (for example the lottery) but now I'm very tired becasue I worked all night to complete this task

First and most important thing : if you've problems staying logged in click This Link and delete your cookies, then close the browser, open it again and log in to the site.

The main thing that's changed is the album, I swapped to the software that we used in the past, but now it's upgraded with a lot of new features, and above all there is the notifications for comments that can be switched on or off in your control panel, so now the odl login problems are gone. If you see that some pictures are missing please contact me, I had to manually edit the name of each pictures (yes, it's true   ) and maybe I made some typo errors, but I've a full backup here, dont' worry, just tell me.
I've installed this kind o software also because it can help people that don't have a supercomputer, the "Quick Links" that you can see mostly everywhere in the left side of the page is foldable (press "HIDE") so that the users without a big monitor can have less problems watching the pages, and there is a "Lo-Fi Version" link at the bottom of the page, if you click it a lot of graphics will disappear   , the site will be less beautiful to watch but the page will load very fast  

I've to fix the default avatar and you can see that some data from the profiles are gone, this is due to the different formats between the softwares, in particular the birthday date and the national flags have to be choosen again   (however I've already done it myself for someone)

We've also some new styles installed with different colors   , the default one is the classic Posetteforever green but you can try a different one, explore the "Quick Links" panel on the left side, there are all options there

There are also some different languages for the board commands, I'm very sorry that some of them, which would be very useful like Portuguese and Swedish are not yet available   , but as soon as they will appear I'll install them  

Please tell me what is not working as soon as possible   !!

Again, I'm sorry for the long time it took but I did my best (and i've not slept the last night   )

Thank you

Tormie I'm off sleeping, see you later

(P.S. Posy   will be back soon on the main page, actually she is sleeping , infact she helped me a lot      

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: We're back !

#2  ahjah 30 Oct 2006 18:18

Good to be back home

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  ahjah 30 Oct 2006 18:40

I just uploaded a pic for Halloween, and I noticed a big loss of quality due to too high compression settings, I think

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#4  Tormie 30 Oct 2006 19:03

Hi Andreas, I'll change the settings, I think they are not useful for our site, however it creates a mid-size image that you can click and view the original (bigger) one. I'll go to set up this thing now   ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  JanReinar 30 Oct 2006 19:09

I agree with Andreas is good to be back! I   the new design Davide!          

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

#6  Tormie 30 Oct 2006 19:13

Thank you John , Andreas I changed the setting, now the picture size will remain as it's original I've also to swap the database ont he second server becasue the site is very slow on this one, I'll make it later or tomorrow morning  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#7  TdaC 30 Oct 2006 19:39

Nice to be back

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#8  erenda 30 Oct 2006 20:50

WOW! The new look of the site is great!       So....refreshing!

erenda 

#9  Tormie 31 Oct 2006 10:40

Thank you friends, I slept for 12 hours and this morning I moved the database on the faster machine (they say it's faster ) and made some changes. Now the site seems very fast to load   . I'll install what's missing very soon (We have a running lottery here   )

Sorry for any inconvenience you can meet, you can contact me and Posy   at

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Re: We're Back !

#10  duttond 31 Oct 2006 12:13

Maybe it's just me but I don't care for this new design at all...it's much slower, it takes longer to find things (such as "upload picture"), when I uploaded a picture, it dropped it into someone else's series and I don't see any way to edit or move the picture.  

blank.gif duttond Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 330
Lemons 289
hearts 0

#11  Tormie 31 Oct 2006 12:21

Hi duttond, it's normal that you have difficulties to find the "upload picture" button because it's not in the same position. You should say that I should have written it somewhere, but when I did it in the past no one cared about the instructions, so I'll face the problems when someone find them and write in the forum, like now.

In order to upload a picture you have to first go to the category where you want it to be shown and "upload pic" there, there is no way that it goes into someone else's series itself, you've to choose the category.

With the past album someone had difficulties to chosse from the drop-down menu, now someone will have difficulties without the drop-down menu, however I think that this (new) method is simpler: you go to the category and upload there. The drop-down menu is also present in the actual upload page but it's of some use if someone want to change the category at last minute, but in all other cases it should be left untouched.

For the site being slower I don't know, infact there are less graphics that in the past version, the problem is that they are not cached in your browser as long as you see them, in the future you will see things go faster, if not try the "LO-FI" version, the link is in the bottom of the page, you'll see no more the graphical layout.

Hope this helps

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  Tormie 31 Oct 2006 12:22

P.S. About to move the picture, this is reserved to the moderators, however I'll have a look at the settings and see if I can change them

P.P.S. I fixed it, you may now delete your own pics and upload them in the right category, and about the slowness of the album (not the whole site)
the fact is that I ported all the pictures on the new album BUT the thumbnail has to be generated from scratch, so for the first period the site have to generate them for the first time when someone watches them, as I said thing will go faster soon

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Re: We're Back !

#13  ahjah 31 Oct 2006 16:31

duttond wrote: [View Post]
Maybe it's just me but I don't care for this new design at all...it's much slower, it takes longer to find things (such as "upload picture"), when I uploaded a picture, it dropped it into someone else's series and I don't see any way to edit or move the picture.  

I have to agree to duttond. All the new features of the page delay loading very much for me.
This may not be the case with a broadband connection, but alone the front page took 3min to load for me being on 56k modem, still

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#14  Tormie 31 Oct 2006 17:29

I'll see what I can do.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#15  Tormie 31 Oct 2006 17:31

Can you please try if the LO-FI version is more fast or not ?

http://posetteforever.com/index.php?&lofi=1

to disable

http://posetteforever.com/index.php?&lofi=0

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts I'm back guiltypleasures Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse 13 15 Jul 2003 01:22 View latest post
guiltypleasures
No new posts I'm Back! Marv The Posetteforever diary 13 13 Jun 2013 17:36 View latest post
GrouchoCaesar
No new posts I am back The Mighty Zeus The Posetteforever diary 4 15 Aug 2006 00:30 View latest post
The Mighty Zeus
No new posts Oh, look who is back! pangor Shebeen, the Staff forum 6 15 Aug 2006 18:24 View latest post
No new posts We're back ! Posy Whip The Admins... 31 21 Aug 2004 01:17 View latest post
Posy

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next