New email address (or no email address...) for Posetteforever

Page 1 of 1

Post New email address (or no email address...) for Posetteforever

#1  Tormie 14 Oct 2010 21:24

Hi friends

Today I changed the usual email address of the site ( posetteforever [at] spamcop.net ) to an empty address ( donotreply [at] posetteforever.com ) .

Nothing will change for you, but from now you'll receive the notifications from this address. The old one is still available and the visitors or someone that wants to contact me will find it in the pop up help page that appears to visitors on the left side of the front page (when you're not logged in you see what I'm talking about). The old time friends should have one of my email addresses so there is not a problem.

Now about the reasons (you can even NOT read the next boring part ):

posetteforever [at] spamcop.net is a real address and I needed to keep it "whitelisted" but I was getting about 20 spam messages a day  on that address (most of them about magic pills for my private parts   ... ) and the address of the sender is the same ( posetteforever [at] spamcop.net) so I couldn't apply a filter.

This happens because a lot of viruses take control of the address book of the email program (outlook etc.) from the users that made an account here and then the spammers begin to send crap...

But the last hit happened yesterday: I receive the usual spam, read the title and directly send it to report with the service that I'm using. Today I received a complain from our new server provider telling me that I was sending spam   ...

After a couple of hours spent on the log I found out that a spammer from India found the "contact us" page, that page could be used to send an email to the address of the site (to the admin...) so I received a spam message from the site and complained against myself     ...

So I deleted the "contact us" page, I'll modify it in the weekend, anyway an user that needs help can contact me, as I said, using the popup page that appears on the front page.

The new address of the site (donotreply [at] posetteforever.com) goes to nowhere, every email sent to it is deleted, it's needed only to send you notifications (reply to your messages, comments to your pictures (I hope they are still working ) , new personal messages).

As usual I want to let you know that the site is protected by an antispam system, that actually works very well, but it can happen that your IP is temporarily on a "black list" so you may be redirected to a "stange page"       and can't surf the site (It happened to me too   , Alcide a lot of times and the last one was Andreas). You can check if your email address is on a black list on the site http://www.projecthoneypot.org (that is a free site that help us protecting Posetteforever ). If you've a dynamic IP, it's enough to shut down your modem or router for some minutes in order to have a new one, and everything will be ok, if not, contact me, I can write an exception, but I won't turn down the system because this is the one that keeps Posetteforever clean as a daisy   ...

So this is what I have to say, I want only to let you know that I'm at the finish line with my train driver school and I'll have more time to dedicate to the site and hopefully for some fun with Poser soon  

Tormie

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

• Back to top Page bottom

Post New Email Address (or No Email Address...) For Posetteforever

#2  ahjah 14 Oct 2010 21:40

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

Post Re: New Email Address (or No Email Address...) For Posetteforever

#3  GrouchoCaesar 15 Oct 2010 05:01

Good work, boss...

...but may I suggest that after your exams, when you have a little time to relax: RELAX!

You'll have earned it.

new_zealand.png GrouchoCaesar Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3170
Lemons 1807
hearts 45

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic