Goto page 1, 2  Next

Subject: Crashing My Firefox
Hi Davide
Did you change something on the front page again?
It just crashed my firefox again, twice...

Subject: Re: Crashing My Firefox
ahjah wrote: [View Post]
Hi Davide
Did you change something on the front page again?
It just crashed my firefox again, twice...

I had that all the time with firefox, i have never used it again, i prefer opera myself

Profile PM  
Opera used to be my browser way back in my M$ windows times.
I'm just now testing it again, even with all the plugins active.
Seems stable right now, even when playing movies.
The weird thing is, if I got firefox running at the same time (empty window, plugins disable on the fox!), Opera crashes, too :roll:

Opera used to be my browser way back in my M$ windows times.
I'm just now testing it again, even with all the plugins active.
Seems stable right now, even when playing movies.
The weird thing is, if I got firefox running at the same time (empty window, plugins disable on the fox!), Opera crashes, too :roll:

Well, i used firefox too, but it once crashed on me, and i lost everything i.e bookmarks etc. And i always hearf wonderful things about opera so i tried that and it is still one of the best in my opinion.

Profile PM  
The thing is, I love open source, this is why I'm running linux. Firefox is, Opera isn't.
But as the fox keeps crashing, I don't have a choice right now. Unfortunally, there's no alternative for Poser, too :roll:
It would be possible to import the Poser people into Blender, but they'd need a complete re-rigging and none of the poses and material would work out of the box, so this is not for me....

With windows they are having a hard time dealing with OS old and new. If you have an old Firefox in the 3.0 area simply use it. It is the newer version that is the trouble. :dash: :stomp: I am using Firefox 3.6.23. Works great. :D

Profile PM  
No Andreas, I did nothing... I removed the moving donkey :( from the flying broom squad, maybe it's because of it... Anyway, there should be something bad in your linux installation, maybe some missing libraries, you should encounter the same kind of problems on other sites. We don't use much of flash or else, anyway the broom squad is in java, the tunes of Leahman needed a flash player...

P.S. If Opera crahes with firefox open it's for sure sometihing wrong with the linux installation, probably a library, try to look at the logs

Opera works fine, i suspect the problem with the new firefox :roll: Unfortunally, Poser still aint running :sad:
All other windows apps are running fine. re-installe Poser, re-installe wine (1.2 stable), nothing helps.
Sometimes I hate my individualism :afterburner:

:mmmh: Just roll back to the older, working version if you can... I'm very sorry about it :sad: ...

This IS exactly the (wine)version that worked before, and everything else works, but Poser.
I'm researching for more info at the moment... I'll need some patience :bad-words:

Sure, but try to find the right crash log, or a different bottle in wine

This IS exactly the (wine)version that worked before, and everything else works, but Poser.
I'm researching for more info at the moment... I'll need some patience :bad-words:

how does Poser run on linux anyway? i heard of wine, isnt that a program wich let windows programs run on linux?

Profile PM  
nevsehir wrote: [View Post]

how does Poser run on linux anyway? i heard of wine, isnt that a program wich let windows programs run on linux?

Poser7 used to run fine, Poser 8/Pro don't run so good. But after upgrading my Linux some days ago I must have made some mess :roll:

Wine is a system layer, that makes windows applications think they'd be running on M$. Its not an emulator or a vitual machine.

Last edited by ahjah on 30 Oct 2011 18:28; edited 1 time in total
Andreas said: Poser still aint running :eh:

You Southern Germans you. :D

Profile PM  
:D I'm not Southern German, but I played lots of blues in my life :wink:

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2