Double Apostrophes In Album Comments?

Article
Post Double Apostrophes In Album Comments? 

So far as problems go, this is a very small one, but I've been puzzled by double apostrophe  marks that appear in comments I make in the Album forum. At first I thought it was a problem with my keyboard, or that perhaps the web server was somehow reading American English differently than it would English English. Then I began to fear that it was the first symptom of some tremor disorder that was making me hit that key twice, but I noticed comments there by other contributors also have that curious characteristic. Anybody know why that's happening?

Even odder, that doesn't seem to happen here in the forum.

jwarndt [ 05 Apr 2014 01:44 ]

Comments
Post Re: Double Apostrophes In Album Comments? 

Hello John
We have this glitch for years.
It seems like a misinterpretation of quotes between our album software and the database and back.
As I know the forum and database are written by the same hand, but the album is a different piece of software. Thus only the album is affected.
I don't know if it can be fixed. I don't have access to the code and even if I had... well I'm not a programmer.
It's an old issue and I'm sure Tormie would have fixed it if it could be done without much hassle.
Thanks for reporting anyway

PS: I moved this topic to the "Whip the Admins" forum

ahjah [ 05 Apr 2014 11:49 ]
Post Re: Double Apostrophes In Album Comments? 

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
Hello John
We have this glitch for years.
It seems like a misinterpretation of quotes between our album software and the database and back.
As I know the forum and database are written by the same hand, but the album is a different piece of software. Thus only the album is affected.
I don't know if it can be fixed. I don't have access to the code and even if I had... well I'm not a programmer.
It's an old issue and I'm sure Tormie would have fixed it if it could be done without much hassle.
Thanks for reporting anyway

PS: I moved this topic to the "Whip the Admins" forum

Hi Andreas, Thanks for clarifying that. Briefly, I was concerned that I was losing my typing skills

jwarndt [ 07 Apr 2014 00:46 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1