Subject: Nea Help
i downloaded p4nea and the head obj. was not in the file. does anyone know where i can find it?

Profile PM  
Subject:
Check out the file called <a>DON'T READ ME</a>. Tell me about the file? Suppose they do.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Nea Help
Hi iampan69 !
I'm not a NEA user, I still prefere native Posette. But AFAIK, P4nea uses standard Posette mapping, the head is part of the complete mesh. So there is no external head obj

Oh Posy, this is not exactly a polite reply :uuh: ...

I think that you should PM to PitKlad that is the author and ask him if it's not written in the readme. NEA is not hosted here at posetteforever so you should ask for missing files at where she is. If you are talking about A_C_C beta version, there is a specific thread about it and A_C_C would be glad to reply to you, infact he asked to test his Posette. I use a Posette version that is called EVE so I can't help you specifically.

Subject:
I will take that under advisement. What else is the author and ask him if it is not written in the readme? Who is hosted here at posetteforever so you should ask for missing files at where she is? I could be. Yes, A_C_C beta version there is a specific thread about it and A_C_C would be glad to reply to you infact he asked to test his Posette is the topic. How specific do you want? A Posette version that is called EVE so he or she can not help you ought to work.

Profile PM  
:doh: :doh: :doh:

:lmao:

Posy, You always bring a smile to my face.
:)

(:

Profile PM  
NeaP4 head obj is coded in a rte file. For decoding it you need the rte encoder (and Posette (p4nudewoman) obj)

Last edited by A_C_C on 09 Nov 2006 21:39; edited 1 time in total
Yep, it was NEAPh from A_C_C at last :thumb: . Please provide some comments about her because A_C_C is still working on the model :heartbeat:

No, it was NeaP4 (by PitKlad) of what he was talking. Contrary to other Neas, the NeaP4 head is a separate object, and many people who is starting in Poser or (specially) Daz Studio don't know about encoded files.

:uuh: .... :redface:

NeaP4 does indeed require RTE encoder to install.

In order to clarify for iampan69, in the early days of Poser, there was no way to distribute modififed characters because there was no way to strip the original geometry of the character from the file. Distributing any part of someone elses geometry file is considered a copyright violation. So a way of legally distributing these files was figured out and a program called OBJ Mover could transfer geometry stuff legally. (RTE encoder does the same thing)

The requirement to use it was that you had to have the original mesh that the modified mesh was based on. In this case the P4 woman (original mesh) and NeaP4 (the modified mesh information. Since the NeaP4 obj (geometry file) is based on the original P4 woman which is copyrighted by Poser's copyright holder, NeaP4 cannot be directly distributed as created. So RTE encoder codes the file in some way and allows distribution.

Later on a way was discovered to use file pointers and geometry swapping (among other methods) that did not require special coding. But occasionally this special coding method is still used as it was with NeaP4.

RTE Encoder can be downloaded from this page. I think the readme file or documentation will walk you thru the conversion. If you have any questions, anyone here should be able to help. Just ask. :)

http://rtencoder.com/downloads

Profile PM  
OOOups :roll: I guess I am too late but melamkish reply has all the info you need!

Also on the readme file there are instructions step by step and this image file to help you more!

I hope you'll find Nea usefull!

Sorry for being late but I don't have much time due to university...Thanks God this forum is the most friendly and will answer any Posette question! :grin:

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1