Silly Question For Something I Can't Find When Loading A Pose

Page 1 of 1

Post Silly Question For Something I Can't Find When Loading A Pose

#1  imdanimal 29 Jul 2009 01:31

First, I want to thank everyone for the wonderful forum. I've learned a lot and have got some great files!!!

This is probably something that has been covered previously, but I searched and cannot find the answer.

I have P7 loaded. When loading a certain pose, I'm asked to locate the Posette brunette.jpg file. I searched my runtime directory and it is not there. I answer cancel and do not search for other files and the pose loads fine. Is this a file that is not included with P7?

Sorry if this sounds like a total newbie question, but I am.  

imdanimal Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 10
Lemons 4
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Silly Question For Something I Can't Find When Loading A Pose

#2  Tormie 29 Jul 2009 06:46

HI  imdanimal and welcome to Posetteforever

It looks to me that the brunette.jpg doesn't belong directly to Posette.
We call "Posette" the original Poser 4 woman, the stock female model that comes with version 4 of the Poser program. Actually she is not included in Poser 7 but the package should be available as a separate download on Smith Micro site. Honestly, I've to ask them directly where this file is because the last time I searched, I failed to find it   .

However, I talked about it because brunette.jpg looks like a texture file for hair and not specific to a character that normally comes without hair. You shoulds try this: load the picture and delete the hair, then see if the program asks again for that file. It can also happen that if a pose file for hair (usually it changes the materials) is applied to a character or something else, it imports to the character the materials of the hair... It happens to me a lot of times... So you can load the original character, look in the material room and see what materials are included in the character, then load the same, modified character that you're working with, go again in the material room and see if it has more materials than needed. In any case, locate where this brunette.jpg is called in the material zones and you should see a blank picture because Poser doesn't find the file. Then simply unplug the node. There is also a way to delete the materials from a character but I don't remember how because in making a scene I found easier to go eventually to the material room and simply turn to 0 all the dials of the "ghost" material and unplug all the nodes (I've also made a preset "null" material that does it with a click).

I hope it helps you and welcome again

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  imdanimal 30 Jul 2009 02:05

Indeed your reply does help. Thank you very much for the speedy response.

I will follow the steps you outlined and will resolve the Posette brunette.jpg issue.

Thanks again for your help and for the wonderful forum.!!!

imdanimal Gender: Male
Potential Regular
Potential Regular
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 10
Lemons 4
hearts 0

#4  Tormie 30 Jul 2009 08:22

it.png Tormie Gender: Male