Just A Little WIP View

Just A Little WIP View
Article
Post Just A Little WIP View 

Hi all
I've been playing with some props (unfortunall nonfree, made for V4) and some mats tonight. The bodymorph is one of mine Posette   does it better, as usual   
Nothing for our galleries, yet, but I wanted to show you anyway

Last edited by ahjah on 31 Oct 2009 09:47; edited 1 time in total 
 ahjah [ 31 Oct 2009 09:40 ]

Just A Little WIP View
Comments
Post Re: Just A Little WIP View 

Some more
 Image  Image
BTW, cany anybody tell me, where the dark fragments are from, must be something in the shaders. They are only present in firefly...

ahjah [ 31 Oct 2009 11:10 ]

... and one more  

ahjah [ 31 Oct 2009 11:48 ]

The dark fragments is something that show off changing the values in the firefly rendering setting, maybe the shading rate (but I'm not sure, I remember to have watched a topic about it somewhere) or simpler, you have to turn off the "smooth polygons" option

Tormie [ 31 Oct 2009 22:28 ]

Yes, I suspected the polysmoothing resposable for this effect, but I wasn't sure. Switching it off makes no sense to me, cos Posette likes it sooo much
Poser's rendering engine is still the weakest point. Old bryce 3D made a better job already, more than ten years ago...

Last edited by ahjah on 01 Nov 2009 00:00; edited 1 time in total 
 ahjah [ 31 Oct 2009 23:57 ]

You can change the value for each single part, you can find the best compromise.

Tormie [ 01 Nov 2009 01:29 ]

yes, that'll take hours of test rendering...   Firefly is still mysterious to me. There are strange interactions...

Last edited by ahjah on 01 Nov 2009 11:45; edited 1 time in total 
 ahjah [ 01 Nov 2009 11:44 ]

If "smooth Polygons" does not fix it, you can try decreasing the "Shadow bias" on the lights. {yes, it will require more test rendering; but...}

Whazizname [ 01 Nov 2009 22:01 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1