Goto page 1, 2  Next

Subject: Posette As An Elf
I've started work on a Pathfinder RPG elf. Here's what I have so far.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Posette As An Elf
Hello and welcome P4luvr :welcome:
Allways good to have another Posette friend around :D

The character looks good so far. The tats look a bit blurry though. Have you tried to scale the texture up for editing?
The default resolution of Posette's texture is a little low for so much detail. Everything else looks fine already :clap:

:D Hi P4luvr :welcome: and welcome to Posetteforever :yeah:

Thank you for stepping by, I hope you that you'll stay with us :friends:

( :droll: I like your Posette :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: )

Thanks for the warm welcome. I did some more work to my ear morph to smooth it out a little. I'm not sure how to fix the blurry textures. Poser 6 Jessi has much higher resolution textures and the blurry texture stretching is even worse. I may have to use the "decal" method and apply the tattoo directly in Poser.

Profile PM  
P4luvr, a big warm welcome, glad you joined us.

Thank you for posting, and for showing us your work.

I am still learning myself, and can see you have some talent in you. Good work with the ear morph, will look forward to seeing how that develops.

You have certainly come to the right place for Posy, appreciation so keep posting (Chromium points loaded water pistol). Pop! (oops sorry, just farted - damn them yummy beans).

If you have the original tattoo, you can download a higher resolution texture (free from the web), or as Ahjah, advises scale up the standard Posy texture and edit (I think the texture is a square shape, i.e. 950 x 950), with your favourite graphics program to a bigger size, and also you should be able to adjust the DPI / PPI count for clarity.

Also see here for free textures, they are around 1200 x 1200.

http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendel...worldlanduncut/

There are also other textures floating around with higher resolution. (i.e. Arrow3d, have a couple of freebie textures for Posy at around 4000 x 4000). Google Arrow3d, look for feestuff (on right), then textures (bottom of list).

You may find one you prefer, elsewhere too.

Keep us updated with progress, and if you need expert help (because mine is not enough) the guys here are the ones to ask.

EDIT:

Meant to say adjust DPI / PPI count for tattoo too before pasting onto texture, to a higher value for more clarity.

Last edited by Chromium on 24 Jul 2011 20:13; edited 1 time in total
Profile PM  
We've sone high resolution textures in our freebie page too :whistle:

Thanks Chromium and Tormie for the links to the high resolution textures. Unfortunatley I will have to make tattoos over from scratch because they were shrunk to very small size to fit on Posette's small texture map. Well, I guess that will keep me busy for a while.

Profile PM  
Well, I finally straightened out my tattoos. They are much clearer now. I'm using 2500x2500 texture maps. I added Posette's skirt and boots. I have a question about the boots. I could not get them to conform to Posette. I had to manually scale rotate and move them to fit them to her feet. What gives? Why can't I use the Figure>Conform to... to make them fit. I was going to design a complete outfit from scratch, but that is another project for another time. With Posette's halter top, mini skirt and boots she looks more like a street walker than an elf archer at the moment. :redface:

Profile PM  
One more update. I've got my crossbow done and changed the outfit. I also started work on my dungeon floor texture.

Profile PM  
:thumb: She's definately evolving :clap: :)

@ Ahjah:

Is that a clap for the street walker?

Profile PM  
I finished the crossbow, although it's not loaded and gave her a cute little belt. I tried a couple other ideas that didn't work so I deleted them. I think I'll just put up a stone wall in the background and quit on this one. I'm quite ready to start on something else. Image

Profile PM  
Great work she is really coming together.

I don't know if this helps with the boots your using. I have a "dead zero" default pose for Posette. I loaded up Posette. clicked on all the various body parts, and set as many parameters to "zero", or "100%", that I could, then saved it as a pose. I think the lower legs, and feet may have some degree of twist, like the arms and hands do. I'm on the desktop (Poser is on the laptop), so I really should confirm this (before typing it here), but hope it may help.

Does your character have a name?

(Why does Chromium keep asking for names?)

Profile PM  
I finally figured out I could conform the boots to the characters shins. Then you have to move the foot part of the boot to fit it to her feet. As for a name, I don't currently have one. I just refer to her as "Posette the elf rogue". :)

Profile PM  
Glad you have a method for getting the boots on.

On appearance, she is Posette, so the name goes well with her look.

Profile PM  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2