Does anybody here speak french?

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Does anybody here speak french?

#1  erenda 06 Jan 2005 04:44

Does anybody here speak french? I'm just curious. I speak french better than english. There are many french Poser sites on the web but they have only online stores and galleries full of DAZ's creations.
There was an opinion (in some new french 3d forum) that DAZ must buy Curious Lab's Poser because Poser 5 was very disappointing. Well DAZ Studio is more disappointing!  : It works only with DAZ models. When I import Posette or P5 female into DAZ Studio their heads or hands disappear immediately.  

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Deviant_Viking 06 Jan 2005 08:58

Think there's a large mix of languages in here    but english is prefered, since most of us understands it  

As for DAZ buying Poser from CL... bah! They'd butcher it to something worse, and it'd probably only use DAZ specific stuff, encrypted in some weird way so you can't use any other figures  
Only disapointment I had with P5 is that the firefly render is unstable, most likely due to bad coding, but other than that it's great. The material room in itself was worth the upgrade imo

Deviant_Viking Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 6440
Lemons 5480
hearts 0

#3  Tormie 06 Jan 2005 09:17

Don't worry for the language erenda, the language barrier here is not so high. Sometimes people write something that I don't understand well and so I reply something that doesn't matter, and so on...

About Daz Studio, I never tried it, I've my copy of Poser, my Posette   and all I need for making pictures... Now that we have Hawktoey that make (free) models for Posette & Dork I forgot Daz completely...

Last edited by Tormie on 06 Jan 2005 12:08; edited 1 time in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  Paul Mon 06 Jan 2005 11:20

Hiya erenda
Welcome to the best Poser site on the web

blank.gif Paul Mon Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2250
Lemons 1517
hearts 0

#5  erenda 06 Jan 2005 11:28

Actually I downloaded the DAZ Studio from DAZ's website because the low V3 polymesh was included. Of course you can't import it into Poser (it took me a week to realise it!      ] ) She even does not have nipples!!!       , and she's fat   ! And some people dare call this " digital art for the masses"?       (Liars! The *.exe file was enormous!!! 50MB!        I must work during the summer to pay my Internet taxes! @#&) !!!   It's true V3 has more polygons. But most ZBrush users know that there is a very clever "divide" button in the second version that allows you to increase the number of your *obj file's polygons. Then you can make all kinds of morphs using the same program. I tried this out on Posette but I could  not do the join parameters in Poser   .
As for P5. I have P4 & P5. But I'm using P4. (only 128 MB RAM!!!   The next summer I'll work 12 hours a day! ) My parents asked me what kind of gift I prefer when the principal did not kick me out  from my high school. ( I didn't visit english classes for a month , and told the princital that I smoke the same cigarettes as her. It's true! Then I asked her why she smokes in her office when it's not permitted to smoke in the whole building! She told me to   !) I like P5 but I don't like Penny (the P5 girl) . She looks old! I actually don't understand why there are P5 girl and P5 boy they are alike. And I tried to export P5 figures in P4. It works! Well , that was a lot of writing. I'm only talking about my problems!   I'm a typical teenager!    

erenda 

#6  Tormie 06 Jan 2005 12:24

Don't worry erenda   !! This is not exactly a "for professionals" site   ... We spend all the time in jokes, philosophy, art and farts (     ) talking endlessly...

It's good to know something of the life in Bulgaria, it is a very unknown country for me. I planned to go there in february or march with my friends because here is told that the dentist are very cheap there...
When I was 17een I passed my holydays loading and unloading trucks with water melons (real melons   ), but I remember that period as one of the happier in my life...

About Penny and Don   , I have P5 installed and it is great for the material room, which is the only thing I use in this version that is not in the P4 package. Sometimes I render in firefly but my personal style is not so photorealistic to need it.

About Penny and Don: I'm totally in love with Posette but I'm not so drastic with the male characters and I tried Don very little and It seems to me that he is not well supported... Maybe sooner or later we'll open a section for them with an user who is a fan of them   !

Last edited by Tormie on 06 Jan 2005 12:27; edited 1 time in total 
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#7  erenda 06 Jan 2005 14:50

When somebody ask you about Bulgaria , tell him/her that you have heard about Stoichkov (famous bulgarian footballer), that bulgarians had invented the yoghourt , and that bulgarians had saved their Jews from the nazis during the WWII (actually the people had done this , not the government . I think it was the Orthodox church who had saved them.   ) . Bulgarians had became the slaves of the Osman empire in 1363 ( or 1336   ) and became independent country again in 03.03.1878! ( That's our   Independance Day. We have fireworks too!   ) It was the third bulgarian kingdom. The new bulgarian king actually was born in Germany ( or Austria). His name was Ferdinant. After WWI he had abdicated and his son Boris III (or II) had taken his place. ( Right now Boris' son Simeon II is our prime minister. I wrote something about him in the Joke area. We call him " the King") In 09.09.1944 the communist party had made some kind of revolution and the royal family had gone abroad. Boris had died before the revolution. Actually in the history books the Boris' government is called "monarco-fascist dictatorship". (Maybe because we were nazi Germany's allies during his government) Since 1989 Bulgaria is a democratic country. Oh I forgot! In 1988 or 89 there was a thing called " The Rainaissance process" (or something like that) The Turkish people living in Bulgaria wanted an self-government but communists made them change their  Turkish names with bulgarians names. My mother told me it was terrible. Poor people! Some people ( party's enemies) were send to Belene ( some kind of concentration camp).   Communists are bad!
That was a short history lesson. (Not very short!) Now you know everything about Bulgaria.
About the dentists. It depends. Taxi drivers in Bulgaria earn about 100-200 levs for a month (50-100 euros). Dentists usually take minimum 10 or maximun 40 levs  (5-20 euros). Most of them have to pay taxes about 300-400 levs (150-200 euros). It's not cheep for us, but it's a paradase for you. And if you try to find a job in Bulgaria you must know english (no exceptions) , you must know how to work with computer, and the boss must be your relative ( almost always). And you must be younger than 25 years. (They didn't wrote it , but is true.) Yesterday I readed some topic about the corruption in some bulgarian forum.An 26-7 years old men said " Why destroy the corruption? We can't survive without corruption. I earned 200 levs (100 euro) for a moths but my boss pay me another 300 levs (150 euro). I can't survive without these money. Please, don't fight against the corruption . Just join the corruption!"   There are also many gypsies here. We scare them and they scare us! They have a lot of children (8-10 children) and they didn't work anything. Nobody wants to hire them because they are gysies! Sometimes they sell their children in Greece. Mothers tell they don't care , but I'm sure they care.They are their babies! If you still want to visit Bulgaria go to Albena (great resort!) The streets are clean (really), and you can't find any board in Bulgarian. It's all in english and german. You'll see old happy people everywhere (german tourists). There are few bulgarians in Albena by the summer it's very expensive. But we go to our villages. They 'll remind you 1950 or 1940. But the nature is beautiful. You must see the Balkan mountain. Or Shipka. That's peak there is a great pantheon.

erenda 

#8  Tormie 06 Jan 2005 14:59

I'll come in Bulgaria sooner or later   ! Yes, the price are very low compared with ours, and the economy here is a crap, I can hardly mantain my economical status. And about the corruption, it's everywhere. I can understand that man, when you become older and know that you can do very little against the evil that is in the world you begin to use the same system for you to survive...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#9  tda42 06 Jan 2005 17:45

Can we open up the curtains and let the sun shine in please!       
I myself would love to come to your country. I find places to go very interesting and it makes you a little more wiser to learn of other culters. Besides you just don't see breath taking veiws where I'm at without somebody honking a horn at you on the interstate.

Last edited by tda42 on 06 Jan 2005 17:47; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#10  erenda 06 Jan 2005 17:55

You'll need some instructions. If you say these things people will be gently with you...
1. Tell them that Stoichkov is the best! ( Don't try talk like Stoichkov ! )
2. Tell them that you like rakia! (bulgarian wisky.Don't drink it!  It can kill a little horse! )  
3. Tell them that you love Vazov's poem " Az sum bulgarche"  (" I'm proud to be bulgarian")
4. Ask them what is " haidutin" It's an ancient word. It means a "rebel" but they will explain the meaning           1 or 2 hours.
5. Tell them that you like bulgarian folk songs, (don't use the word "chalga" ! Most chalga singers look like V2   ), your favourite song is " Prituri sa planinata" (The mountain falls   ) The singer's name is Valia Balkanska. (sounds like opera   )
6. Don't talk about politics or football.:-#  Bulgarians think they're experts!  
7. Tell them that you love Vladimir Dimitrov's paintings. (or "The Master's paintings")
8. And the most important : when you don't know what to say tell them: " Levski e geroi!" (Levski is a hero!) And try somehow to explain them that you mean Vassil Levski is a hero , because there is a football team with the same name.
Oh! Don't go to watch football matches.   They always ends with fight between the fans.

You'll like that country!  

erenda 

#11  tda42 06 Jan 2005 18:09

Thank you!
I'm sure I'll have a fun time.
Rakia would be what we call Jack Daniels in the green label here.
Here is one that we make in the Smokey Mountains. It's called Moonshine!  
Glad to here from you. That was interesting. We will have to exchange pictures sometime.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#12  Tormie 06 Jan 2005 18:11

But, tell me: bulgarian words are spoken like they are written, no special pronounce like english ?

(Tormie ever guessed why write a world in a way and speak them in another way   ...)

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#13  erenda 06 Jan 2005 19:49

We don't use the latin alphabet. There is a Cyrillic alphabet that cotains more characters. Russians use the Cyrillic alphabet too! But I'll try to write a transcription.
"rakia" is pronounced like it's written , there is special pronounce for '' Stoichkov". The '' ch" is pronounced the same way as in english. (we have a special character/letter for that sound). "Vazov"  is pronounced like it's written,his famous poem ''Az sum bulgarche"...   ...well try to pronounce the ''u" as you pronounce it in ''church'' (we have another special character/letter for this one). We always read the letters in the end of the word. The "e'' sound is pronouced the same way as in...     ...aaa...German when there is no ''umlaut'' (I hope you know what is an ''umlaut"8-[ , because I can explain it! I haven't speak German for years, I even can't build a sentence in German   ). "Haidutin '' is pronounced like it's written. Well ''chalga" (actually chalga is a Serbian music , so don't use this word. Just don't say ''pop-folk"   ). "prituri" this an old dialect word again the ''u" is pronounced the same way as in German (without "umlaud"   ). "sa'' another dialect word , the correct form is "se" (subsidiary verb) it's pronounced "sa" or "se", that's easy. "planinata" (the mountain "the" = "ta" in the end) this is easy too. It's pronounced like it's written. "Vassil Levski" is pronnced "Vasil Levski".  "Valia Balkanska" (we use a special character/letter for the "ia" sound). Don't pronounce "Balkanska" as you pronounce "Balkans" in english, pronoune it as it's written. You'll never understand how hard is this.   Maybe some expert in slav languages will explain this better. Some good-speaking-english expert in slav languages...   . Don't try to write using the Cyrillic alphabet ! If you do it ,you'll start to get mixed up when you're using the latin alphabet.   I hope you understood something...      

Last edited by erenda on 06 Jan 2005 20:59; edited 1 time in total 
 erenda 

#14  Tormie 06 Jan 2005 19:50

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#15  Hawktoey 06 Jan 2005 20:22

Two to too much!!! (How's that Tormentor?)

Welcome erenda to Posette Forever!!

I don't know taking an admitted teens word of what to say when visiting his/her country seems a little of. How do we know it's not a teenager's prank to get us old farts   in trouble with the local peoples.

P. S. ~ I am just funning with you! Some take me to serious, others don't take me.

Hawktoey Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1530
Lemons 1137
hearts 0

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL