Just a note about me absence....

Article
Post Just a note about me absence.... 

I try to get here as often as possible, everyday if I can. The last two weeks have been heck with my system. I had put XP Pro on and it was a clean install.  I re-partitioned, re-formatted, and installed XP. Then did the updates to drivers and all. I have never seen my system so ill responding! I went to a guru freind of mine and they directed me to a place that deals with nothing but XP related problems. I need power because of the graphic software I am using. Not some freindly OS that can try and think what my next click is going to be. I paid this place $20 to have them give me a step by step instruction sheet on the changes I needed to make to have the system respond the way I needed, and it should of. Well didn't work, although their instructions where to a T and the system did prove to be better, it still was a far cry from Win2K Pro! So what does one do when it's broke? Fix it! So I did, another two days of re-partitioning, re-formatting, and installing a clean OS. This time back to what I know works. Win2K Pro. Then there's the few days needed to re-install all the software that was/is needed to continue onward. I am pretty close to a full recovery from XP Down Sindrome and should be back on track to my daily visits.....And to think they are talking about a new OS from Microsoft and getting rid of all previous versions! Longhorn OS........

Hawktoey [ 18 Jan 2005 17:58 ]

Comments
I've heard about Longhorn and it sounds like a pretty scary and nasty OS. It runs your life
more than you would want them to know. Does Big Brother in the 21 Century ring a bell to you? I remember it in the 60s and it has come to this as an up to date Devils Curse.

tda42 [ 18 Jan 2005 18:16 ]
20 bucks ?     20 bucks all together   ???

If you bought 2 new marble balls for Landman he would have helped you for sure   !!

Tormie [ 18 Jan 2005 18:29 ]
as long as one was purple....

Landman [ 18 Jan 2005 18:46 ]

Tormie [ 18 Jan 2005 18:48 ]
Good luck with it all Hawktoey. At the moment I know the feeling  

Yeah, the OS's are getting a little too smart and a little too intrusive. I hate a computer second guessing my favourites, or my next move... or anything much for that matter. But then, I like to drive a manual transmission car too  

Can anyone spell 'luddite'  

Ozymandias Jones [ 19 Jan 2005 00:04 ]
Sure, I can spell ' luddite '

" l u d d i t e"

There, see !

Now, what the heck does it mean ?  

I will do a Google search and find out  

Bonnie [ 19 Jan 2005 14:29 ]
Luddite
n.

1. Any of a group of British workers who between 1811 and 1816 rioted and destroyed laborsaving textile machinery in the belief that such machinery would diminish employment.
   2. One who opposes technical or technological change.

At least that's what came up on Dictionary.com   

Hawktoey [ 19 Jan 2005 22:21 ]

Tormie [ 20 Jan 2005 00:28 ]
Let me be your luddity..     

Poserkatz [ 20 Jan 2005 00:31 ]

Tormie [ 20 Jan 2005 00:32 ]

Posy [ 20 Jan 2005 00:33 ]

Tormie [ 20 Jan 2005 00:33 ]

Poserkatz [ 20 Jan 2005 00:35 ]
Hawktoey";p="17819 wrote: 
Luddite
n.
   2. One who opposes technical or technological change.

I'll take column two, thanks  

Just let me fill this form in with my quill pen and attach it to the leg of a carrier pigeon...  

Ozymandias Jones [ 20 Jan 2005 00:49 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next