Aaaaarrrrgggggg !!!!

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Aaaaarrrrgggggg !!!!

#1  Ozymandias Jones 10 Jan 2005 06:24

It's happened again!

I am without a Computer as the Hard Drive on mine melted down last Tuesday. It's off getting checked. I've saved a lot of data, but lost a lot as well. Only have limited net access now, so will be a bit scarce for a few more days.

My old spare desktop at home is also out of action, it was eaten alive by a virus when some teenage relatives playing with it did 'nothing'...  

Happy Bloody New Year, indeed!

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

Last edited by Ozymandias Jones on 10 Jan 2005 06:25; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  erenda 10 Jan 2005 09:45

I 'm sorry about your hard drive!        I can perfectly understand what you mean!     I have computer problem  for a year!  The "experts" from the  firm  who sold it did noting except reinstalling the Windows over and over again 10 or 11 times. I lost ABSOLUTELY everyting : the pictures , the video , the book that I was writing ...     And nobody paid attention to it! When I tried to talk with my parents about this they just told me : " You're not a good student , you're not smart enough to use a computer , you're good at nothing , you're wasting your time making this useless pictures , nobody will pay you for them, this is not a serious thing , it's for children only! We'll never pay for repair your toy!  
We're sorry we bought you a computer! It's all your fault! " and then started to talk me about some other girl who was very good student and was smart enough to go abroad and leave this "terrible country"!      
   When I want  my parents pay attention to this I must cry        , scream ,
or break something because nobody will not notice me if I try to talk like a normal person.        . And that's not all ! I must spend 7-8 hours every day in school  with another 23 persons , interested only in money making ,some soap opera , and how to go abroad and listen to their comments how silly I am, how ugly I am , how crazy I am ....   ! When I got home I must listen to the same comments about that I'll never finish school , that I have no future, and how smart are  my classmates , because they don't waste their time making useless pictures with no price.  The whole world hates me , because I'm idealistic and I'm not a capitalist!        And because I want to live in my country, and don't want to leave it  like  other young people!    The only thing I learned in this "elite" school was to smoke cigarettes and drink before the classes!    Now I can't even smoke , because it's forbidden since 01.01.2005 .    I hope you feel better now , because I'm angry!
Happy bloody new year!  

erenda 

#3  Tormie 10 Jan 2005 13:52

Ozy: The problem is simple, your drives are working upside down, what's happened is normal   ...

erenda: Lol, one of the top derailing reply ever seen on Posetteforever :1st:. You're in a very typical teen-age. My suggestion (that you won't follow...) is to spend your days preparing your adult's life. Unfortunately school education is very important: sometimes you understand it when it is late...
I'm a bus driver and (sometimes) I'm happy with the life and things I have, but if I would have spent more time on books thing would be different now... Think about it.
For smoking: It's a "no no" thing to do... I suffered a lot when I quit smoking, and it smells...The same for drinking. After the burning "teen-age" you'll want to quit... And sometime it will be too late...
For your computer, you can ask here, we have a lot of proud technicians, the first one is Mr. Landman, that is a "system information something" (suggests Posy ...)
For "working abroad", be very careful. Here in Italy there are a lot of young girls from east europe that went here for a honest job and found a totally different thing...

Last edited by Tormie on 10 Jan 2005 13:55; edited 3 times in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  Poserkatz 10 Jan 2005 15:30

Alas, poor Yorrick, Ozy...    I know that problems  
I hope. all will go fine soon for you...  

Very interesting to read your statement, erenda.
Here in the forum you can read monthly interviews with users of this site,
take a look. You will see, there are many people around here, that will be
a bit stranger and otherwise oriented than the "poor mainstream people".
I think, reading this interviews is 1. really entertaining 2. highly informative
and at last perhaps it will give you more hope for that, what you are doing for...

Be strong - don't give up - own ways are difficult ways!
But that is it, what it makes you an "individual".

Poserkatz Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2580
Lemons 1762
hearts 0

#5  Landman 10 Jan 2005 16:27

you need a raid array....

My grey matter is turning white, my proof is my grey hair....

Landman Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#6  Hawktoey 11 Jan 2005 00:18

Oh no Ozy!!! That really bites the big one now don't it! I haven't lost my drive but did the OS. So far so good running XP. Only thing there is one program doesn't run on XP so know I have to program a new one so that I can get the stuff back. Compatability modes don't work either. This is an old DOS program I made long time back, oh well. Dust off the books and get crackin' as they say.
I hope your leave of absence is a short lived one, and that you may recover all those that where lost! The year is young and can only get better, no?

Hawktoey Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1530
Lemons 1137
hearts 0

#7  erenda 11 Jan 2005 02:08

Thank you for the support!           I'm better now.
About te computer problem I know  what's wrong with my PC, but I just can't prove it!    It's the processor , it's not enough  fan-cooled , and sometimes the PC just stop working , I can't move the cursor, the keyboard don't work too.      If I can open the PC I would be able to see what's wrong wit the ventilators , but I can't open it because the PC has two year's guarantee.  
About smoking : It's not healthy !       I can't give up smoking just because I'll become fat , and this is a real tragedy for a teenager. All my friends started smoking when they were 13-14 years old. The teachers smoked some expensive cigarettes just before our eyes , and we thinked " It can't be so bad! The teachers suppose to be smarter than us , and they smoke , so we can  do it too...   " The same thing happened when we saw them drinking beer.  
Education it's important , but there are many high educated people who work as cleaners , or just can't find job here. I passed my exams sucessefully thank to an ex-teacher , witch my father helped find a job. My mother is an engineer , and she worked as cleaner a year ago. Now she helps my uncle maintain his laboratory. I speak 3 foreing languages ( ok I has only a diploma for speaking 3 foreing languages , I can't speak German and English , only French   ) , but I couldn't find a job last summer. Finally my parents "hired" me to help them with a family business. We have a little honey factory in our village.   It was my grand fater's. I'll never go abroad , I guess I'll just continue working in the factory and then earn a degree. There are too many young people who leaved this country , somebody must stay , because  50 years later there will be no country...  
I'll read the interviews ! It's really amusing!   Thank you Poserkatz!   I know why I'm doing this.   It's necessery for me to create something.  

erenda 

#8  Posy 11 Jan 2005 02:08

You are quite welcome!               Your purpose is the support. Oh yeah, we were talking about                  te computer problem he or she know what is wrong with his or her PC but he or she just can not prove it             . When is it not the processor it is not enough fan-cooled and sometimes the PC just stop working he or she can not move the cursor the keyboard do not work too?  Are they exactly the same?  Are you healthy?  Aren't all real tragedy for a teenager he or she can not give up smoking just because he or she will become fat and this?  Do you always go along with the crowd?  What is your real name?  Congratulations, erenda. Okay, your mother is                  an engineer and she worked as cleaner a year ago             . Why now? Oh I get it. it helps his or her uncle maintain his laboratory. Could you teach me a few phrases in 3 foreing languages ok he or she has only a diploma for speaking 3 foreing languages he or she can not speak German and English only French but he or she could not find a job?  Such an original name!  Ah. Do you mean you and me have? When was this exactly? Where are they? Really.   amusing is?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#9  erenda 11 Jan 2005 02:56

What you mean my purpose is te support? I'm a girl by the way. I think it's the processor , but I'm not sure. I own a PC only for 2 years . Before that I wasn't interested in computers. I'm not healthy.      I was fat  two years ago , and it wasn't good . If I become fat again I must  change all my clothing. I was going along with the crowd , but there is no crowd anymore , so I decided to be myself , and  I was content with this. My real name is Diliana Georgieva Dimitrova. I was studing German when I was 9 year old , but I forgot everything . 2 years ago I passes sucessefully an exam and they gave me a diploma. I speak only french , because we were  studing only french in my high school the first year , we were studing most of the subjects in french. Then we started studing english , but I missed the classes. Finally I passed my english exams too.

erenda 

Post Re: Aaaaarrrrgggggg !!!!

#10  Ozymandias Jones 11 Jan 2005 06:08

Thanks guys... and gals  

It's funny how quickly you get used to the idea of loosing the data after a few days. I just want the 'puter back and to get going again.

Hello there, Diliana Georgieva Dimitrova... Nice to have you along. Take it all in your stride. As they say "Don't sweat the little stuff!", stay focused on where you want to be and damn the torpedos!  

Every time something like this happens (i've been mucking around with computers since the good old APPLE IIe and ATARI 800XL and VIC20 and TRS80 in the early eighties, so I've lost a lot of data over the years ) I back up every day... for a few weeks, then every few days, then every week, month, three months.... then OOPS! I did it again  

Slow learner  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10

#11  Ozymandias Jones 11 Jan 2005 06:12

Landman";p="17525 wrote: 
you need a raid array....

Something that was suggested last time! Maybe I should do something about it this time.  

Thanks Landy.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10

#12  Tormie 11 Jan 2005 12:39

It's good to see you're again "in service" Brett ! Listen to me, reverse the computers upside down in the correct way and you'll have no more problems !

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#13  Landman 11 Jan 2005 16:12

Poor ozy didn't have enough milk with his cookies....

My grey matter is turning white, my proof is my grey hair....

Landman Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 9180
Lemons 5100
hearts 0

#14  Den Tracy 12 Jan 2005 04:30

Hey erenda:

Your English is very good. There are people here in Canada that can't do as good a job with English...
Excellent job of derailing the thread !

You are way better than me, (and I thought that I was good ! )

I have seen many "fat" people who smoke, so it doesn't help them in keeping their weight  down.       

Too bad (again) Mr. Jones...
Wasn't it early last year that you had exactly the same problem ?

Last edited by Den Tracy on 12 Jan 2005 04:34; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif Den Tracy Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 5710
Lemons 5299
hearts 0

#15  Ozymandias Jones 12 Jan 2005 04:55

Sure was, Den! Lightning can strike the same place twice, it seems  

This was the replacement computer for the old one that died. Not having much luck with them.

Just one of those things, I suppose. Maybe I should spend less time on the computer and let it have a chance to cool off on the odd occasion  

Or buy the local 'upside down' models Tormie is talking about  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10