...An unexpected gift...

...An unexpected gift...
Article
Post ...An unexpected gift... 

Yesterday I bought a new-used desktop case for my PC on ebay and because the seller is near my work place I went to take it in the same day. He assured me that all the pieces were presents, but they weren't. I bought this thing:

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...02+Cavalier%202

Because it has a Vu-Meter on the front panel ( :oops: Yes, it's a useless thing but I like so much those toys  :bigrinnin: ) and the piece of hardware made to connect it to the audio device was missing... So I had to make it myself with the solder  [-( ... Other things were missing but I had them from old cases. I would have to be very upset  [-(  [-(  [-(  but when I opened the case there was a 250 GB S-ATA high speed Maxtor Hard Disk forgotten into the case  :bigrinnin:  :bigrinnin:  :bigrinnin: ...

I think the ex-owner of the case gifted me with this thing (about 150 €, it was new and unformatted) because of the lack of pieces of the case (I spent 86 € to buy it)  :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle: And now I'm so happy :dancing: :cow: :bigrinnin:

Tormie [ 14 May 2005 07:37 ]

...An unexpected gift...
Comments
Which others? Where did you hear that? How much would you pay for it?

Posy [ 14 May 2005 07:37 ]
86 Euros sweetie  :bigrinnin: !

Last edited by Tormie on 14 May 2005 08:25; edited 1 time in total 
 Tormie [ 14 May 2005 07:38 ]
Congradultations!  Now that is the kind of suprise in hardware purchases that we all dream of.  The kind of suprises I get are; getting a case with all the internal connectors labeled an ideagraphic language from the far east, or a manual that is for a prior version of the hardware.

pangor [ 14 May 2005 09:03 ]
Now you can set it up in Raid 0 if you have another S-ATA Hardrive. :bigrinnin:
I have a cousin who had purchased a CD-Rom from over in England and with it when he opened it had a Windows 98 second edition in the drive.  :dancing:

tda42 [ 14 May 2005 09:37 ]
... I already transfered all my data on the new drive and I'm using it  :whistle: ...

I gave the old hd to my brother (it was a 120 GB) and the slave one (80 GB) will go to my sat receiver so that I'll use it as a movie recorder  :bigrinnin:

Tormie [ 14 May 2005 12:35 ]
Congrats Davide!   :bigrinnin:

JanReinar [ 14 May 2005 14:30 ]
Most excellent!! Wish that would happen to me! I think this poor 40 GB is getting tired...

Hawktoey [ 16 May 2005 14:18 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1