TORMIE SUPERMESS!!!

TORMIE SUPERMESS!!!
Article
Post TORMIE SUPERMESS!!! 

Ho friends, today I made a supermess...

I wanted to install a linux system on a second hard drive but something happened with the lilo-grub damn thing and at first my first hd became unbootable and now I had to partition it again, with the result that actually I lost all the content of mi hd , practically my whole life...

Now I'm on a knoppix-linux stand alone dvd without the hard disk because I'm searching some recovery software in order to try to save something. I lost ALL, the only good thing is that I had my beloved Posy   safe on a backup disk.. But I lost the rest.

I hope to find something, tomorrow I'll have to buy a spare HD to install windows on in order to subsequently try to recover data from the first disk... I have to buy it because my seecond damned hd stopped to work too...

I'm ver, very sad now, I hope to find something that saves me... I'll be not too much present for a while...       

Tormie [ 12 Jun 2005 21:10 ]

TORMIE SUPERMESS!!!
Comments
Where did you last see [b]ALL[b] the only good thing is that he or she had his or her beloved Posy heartbeat safe on a backup disk.

Posy [ 12 Jun 2005 21:10 ]
I love you honey  

Tormie [ 12 Jun 2005 21:10 ]
You are such a flatterer.

Posy [ 12 Jun 2005 21:10 ]
Good news ! I'm using a software which is recovering my files   !!

I'm resurrecting !!!

Tormie [ 12 Jun 2005 21:56 ]
Thank goodness!

Pangor

Last edited by pangor on 12 Jun 2005 22:21; edited 1 time in total 
 pangor [ 12 Jun 2005 22:20 ]
Don't mention it.

Posy [ 12 Jun 2005 22:20 ]
Lol, I've about 190 gigabytes to recover...

Tormie [ 12 Jun 2005 22:40 ]
A tip for the future.  An error while installing lilo or grub could foul up your haddrive's master boot record, and resulting in the inability to boot the disk, but the partions are still there and safe.

Once the drive is repartitioned with Windows the data is considered gone.  With Linux, use the program cfdisk to repartition back to how the disk was partitioned before and the data is again available.

For both of these situations, no special recovery tools are needed.  You will need recovery tools  only if the actual filesystem on the partition has been damaged.

When installing or reinstalling lilo or grub.  make sure that you have a working boot floppy or CD that will boot your system.  If the master boot record was damaged, you could restore it to MS's standard boot from a floppy or CD-Rom to the dos prompt and execute Dos/Windows version of fdisk with the /mbr option.

Pangor

pangor [ 12 Jun 2005 23:23 ]
I've done that pangor, but the mess was ustoppable   ... Anyway I wrote nothing on the hd so I think to have saved it 100 %  

Tormie [ 12 Jun 2005 23:29 ]
I hope you are right. Losing that much data is not fun, I know the hard way.   Posy is safe, good!   What about Angela?  

Pangor

pangor [ 13 Jun 2005 00:32 ]
All is ok   ! I'm still copying the data from a hd to another, then I'll have to reinstall windows and all... A lot of work, as usual  

Tormie [ 13 Jun 2005 07:47 ]
It is good to know that all is right!

JanReinar [ 13 Jun 2005 10:48 ]

Nice save Torm!!

Landman [ 13 Jun 2005 14:59 ]

My Candies are gone....

Landman [ 13 Jun 2005 15:00 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next