Synaesthesia???

Page 1 of 1

Post Synaesthesia???

#1  erenda 16 Feb 2006 21:43

Is there some of you here who associate some letter of the alphabet with a colour or a specifical nuance of a colour? What about a generating a sound with a color or vice versa? If so , this thing is called synaesthesia. I'm not sure whatever it's a desease or not , but since I do associate letters with colours till my early childhood and there are no negative side effects from this probably it's not a desease. The site which link I gave says that 1 person out of every 2000 people experiences some form of synaesthesia.    WoW! I thought [i:1337b636da]all[/i:1337b636da] people associate letters with colurs or the sound of some word (not the word itself but the sound only ) with a colour . For example A is yellow , I is blue and C have a nuance between bright brown and green , the "Ia" (ok you don't have such a character in your alphabet , in cyrilic is "Я" ) is orange , Ch (ч) have a nuance between dark grey and dark blue ( I even call the nuance itself the "ch" colour) and the work "ugul" (angle) is bright grey. Even something more interesting the letters of the sellen alphabet and the hieroglyphs too ( yes I have about 100 hieroglyphs which were desinged for the "sellen system " but that's another story) which were created by me have colors too , even the sellen digits have colors ( oh yes I have digits too) . And other people 's letters don't have colours [i:1337b636da]at all[/i:1337b636da]? How is this possible? I mean if you don't have particular color for every letter or word how do you imagine them? Ok , try to visualize "B" in your mind? Is it [i:1337b636da]colourless[/i:1337b636da]? If so how do you see it? Is it black? White?
Another interesting fact , when I was little kid (kindergarden age) my mom embroidered my name in a piece of cloth with I weared many times. And yes the "I" was bright blue , "D" was red and "A" was yellow , "N" was green. So it is more phyhological than a brain condition you are born with. However my name does not contain all letters.
And is it possible for this thing to be connected somehow with my painting ability , cause there was a case of a musician who has a version of synesthesia in which tonal intervals in sound she hears are consistently linked to specific tastes; she uses this ability to perform the complex task of tone-interval identification in her music significantly faster than non-synesthetic musicians can. So those who can paint associate letters with colour and musicians associates tastes with sounds? Well in the case of the musiacian this "desease" have positive effects.

So , I would be very  intereseted to see what your colours from the letters are if there are colours at all  

Just a note : no I don't see the things you've written multicolored just associate them with colours in my [color=darkred:1337b636da]m[/color:1337b636da][color=blue:1337b636da]i[/color:1337b636da][color=green:1337b636da]n[/color:1337b636da][color=red:1337b636da]d[/color:1337b636da][color=brown:1337b636da]![/color:1337b636da] [color=darkblue:1337b636da]W[/color:1337b636da][color=white:1337b636da]o[/color:1337b636da][color=darkblue:1337b636da]W[/color:1337b636da][color=darkred:1337b636da]![/color:1337b636da]

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Guest 01 Jan 1970 00:00 View latest post

Page 1 of 1