Self Observation

Page 1 of 1

Post Self Observation

#1  Whazizname 17 May 2006 21:26

From time to time I take a look at myself, and my creations.
I guess that I like to be sure that I have not wandered too far from the path that I have chosen.

Recent observations include:

1.) I have noticed how much Women, and motor vehicles {...mainly automobiles...} inspire me.

2.) I have also noticed how much the years of work in TV, and recording studios, and concert halls has effected my preferred lighting style. I wonder, if this also explains my tendency to use Black, and Gold as my primary colors?

3.) It seems that I could be discribed as a "Digital Found Object Artist"; because of my tendency to use lots of "freebies" in my Poser renders.

Hmmm...
I think what made me post this here at Posette Forever was that I had to focus very hard to create an image/render that contained a "Posette-based" character; but did not contain a car.

Now this is in no way meant to be a complaint, just an observation; and since I've always loved car designs {I have over 100 "Hot Wheels-sized cars" on my studio walls.}, and I am truly satisfied with my "studio-based works", and I've always believed that "Inspiration Is Wherever One Finds It"; I guess that I have not strayed off the "path".

Thanks for letting me rant.

Peace & Power 2U  

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  ahjah 17 May 2006 23:51

Allways interesting, when someone lets you have a look into his mind...
Thanks

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#3  pangor 18 May 2006 02:45

Thanks for the insite.

pangor 

#4  Tormie 19 May 2006 16:24

Use a Vespa instead   ! We've one in our garage   and Posettes like it a lot  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  erenda 20 May 2006 11:57

This is really interesting Whazizname!   You have worked in the Tv? That's just cool.
As for me :
1)Had noticed that I mainly use 1 or 2 figures in a pic , no mass scenes , this is not good.
2) Less rendering , more postwork. I mean I'm not so interested in the free clothing items any more cause I know I can paint clothes to my models , same for the hair.
3) Too much violence , too much blood , too much self-inflicted violence , too much blood , not so much nudity but too much blood.
4) I'm trying more and more to make the props myself.
I guess that's all.

erenda 

#6  Whazizname 21 May 2006 10:29

Tormie";p="31233 wrote: 
Use a Vespa instead   ! We've one in our garage   and Posettes like it a lot  

I have an idea for the Vespa; but it requires a large modern gas / petrol station; and i just cannot justify purchasing the ones that I've found online.

I'm currently considering using my somewhat limited modeling skills to build one.

Somehow, a Vespa as a "Show Vehicle" just doesn't seem right to me. { No offense meant to any Posettes or Vespa fans}

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

#7  Tormie 21 May 2006 23:34

I think that there is a gas station or part of it for free somewhere, I should have it in my collection   . I'll investigate...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#8  melamkish 22 May 2006 22:58

I've seen some old gas pumps around somewhere, also.  If I remember correctly they are in 3DS format.  I'll take a look, also. I may have d/l one for a future idea.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

Post Re: Self Observation

#9  posfan 26 May 2006 12:31

Whazizname";p="31214 wrote: 
From time to time I take a look at myself, and my creations.

I'm in the process of redoing my website's gallery and so I took a deep look at my renders.....and oh my gosh.....how bad are my first renders, especially the Posette ones Image  Image

This will result in redoing most of them  

As for my own observations

1) Doing more and more postwork
2) too much nudity  
3) mostly using 1 figure
4) still on the look for more hair  
5) too less males
6) looks like I found my style, a more "promo-like" one (aka no mass scenes)

Last edited by posfan on 28 May 2006 21:20; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#10  TdaC 26 May 2006 13:58

Interesting topic.
I have noticed that i:
1. Do too much faeries/fantasy
2. Do most images with males, but posts the renders i do with females. (i think i can't get the male poses right)
3. Uses basically the same (free)props over and over......and over.
4. Mostly one figure in the pic,rarely more - but it has happened.

Interestingly i prefer to look at images without ppl in them, or only see ppl from a distant, like a village scene were ppl aren't the focus of the image. So it's interesting that i myself do the oposite.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#11  tda42 28 May 2006 13:59

Well I would like to through a wrench in the machine as well.
But with a reason.
1. I like SciFi be cause there are no rules. You just imagine.
2. I put my characters sometimes in the background to go with what I build because there is really no such thing as a perfect eyeball shot. Me being a photogarpher among other things knows this. Plus you work hard on a background to make that one Posette stand with it.
3. I am trying to get a point of what I build. Such as Scifi it is a part of me. I look toward the future in hopes to build a better past. (Think deep about what I just said here. )
4. You can say look what I did, but remember it is like buying real clothes. Somebody had to make them.
5. If you look at your old art, don't look down on them. Just think of it as good art in it's day. Even pro artist get better with time. It is human nature.
6. There is not a single one here that is on the same topic of art really. Everyone has their own theme going. Change is good sometimes to avoid burn out but it always comes back for a fresh way of looking at things.
7. Anyone knows from experiance with Poser that it is limited. It was ment for Photographers to look at a pose to show there models before shooting the seen. If you have to go to another modeler to build or another painter program then you are being you and becomeing more complexed with your ideas and art. I always want to build what the other guy doesn't have. This is what gets the market community all up in arms is some one like me comes along and doesn't send a dime on them. If you are going into something as far as getting your art noticed the less you have on legal rights the better you are.
8. I am to hard on myself. This is the killer of all artist. Let the person looking at your art be the judge. I enjoy what I do. I may never get out there as a (Real) artist but I sure had fun along the way. I will always feel what I believe in is what I do. Some people find Poser as the challange of the software. An artist goes outside the box and creates. Thats what I love and it is what I do. I hope that you all are not to hard on yourself as I have looked back on your work you all have been great artists. It's just your ideas are changing. That is a good thing. Never burn out.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#12  Posy 28 May 2006 14:01

I am capabale of self-development. That's one way to put it. Who, specifically? FiveHalf a dozen. Where did it go?     For real. Spare some change? This can not happen because I am immortal.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Just an interesting observation on the Album Ozymandias Jones The Posetteforever diary 1 30 Jun 2003 07:40 View latest post
Deviant_Viking

Page 1 of 1