Subject: Making music don´t pay the bills
Hi friends!
As most of you might know already, I´m a musician.
I´m playing music with a band (reggae), and a solo project (blues).
I´m trying to keep the fun, and I don´t like selling what I´m loving, so I´m not making much money this way.
To pay the bills, I had to start a "real" job :roll:
So I´ll be walking the woods for the next four month, collecting geological data probing the ground to the depth of 2 meters.
My job is to force something like a 2m hollow nail with a huge hammer into the ground and push it out again to get a look at the quality of the ground in the various depths. It´s nice working outdoors all day with all the fresh air, but its a very physical work, too, and I´m wery tired when the day´s done. So I may not be around regulary...
I´ll check in as often as possible, though. :)

Subject:
Hi Andreas, it sounds like a very interesting job :thumb: . I think you're lucky :wink: and I hope you'll continue with your music too, I know exactly the feeling to have a job different from what I would like to do and I'm not the only one here, but life goes this way and I keep the funny moments for when I'm out of work :lol: . I hope to see you lurking around often as possible my friend :pray: :pray: :pray:

Subject:
:-) Since when? I'm not certain whether I can give an accurate reply or not. Why do you hope for could not continue with your music toook he or she know exactly the feeling to have a job different from what he or she would like to do and she would not the only one hereok but life goes this way I know what you mean, Tormie. I've been there.

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
I hope that when you have free time, after word or on weekends, you will be stopping and saying hello to us.

Subject:
Hello there. Interesting. I want to find out more about you.

Profile PM  
Subject:
Andreas I can only say one thing about what you just posted here. You know I am a musician as well and for me it did pay the bills. But when I had to cross the line and leave the music biz and got *Ahem* "a real job" :lmao: I was all bumbed. But you made my day my friend. You showed me that I'm not alone. So in some small way I thank you. It made my life better and I hope you will take this and make your life better as well my friend. :thumb:

Profile PM  
Subject:
Maybe sooner or later we'll meet and create the "Posette Band" :dancing: and make big money :lol: .

(Tormie role will be to plug the wires :whistle: and take care of the cash :uuh: )

Last edited by Tormie on 04 Jun 2006 13:25; edited 4 times in total
Subject:
:roll:

Profile PM  
Subject:
I never tried to make a living playing, so my hat is off to you guys for giving it a go. Wish I would have, tho.

Posy, should we trust Tormie with plugging in the wires? :)

Profile PM  
Subject:
Should we trust Tormie taking care of the cash? :pray: :lol:

Subject:
:snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

... :mmmh:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Subject:
... well, I don´t care ´bout the cash as long as there´s ´nuff pizza :lol:

Subject:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

pangor