Artistic Review of Den Tracy's Barney Vs Godzilla

Page 1 of 1

Post Artistic Review of Den Tracy's Barney Vs Godzilla

#1  Ozymandias Jones 03 Jul 2003 08:11

Although this was first published over at Poser Pros, I discussed it with my ego   and we decided to post it here as well so you mere mortals could read how to properly critique a Poser image.

This is our definitive review of the Barney/Godzilla image posted by the distinguished Poser artist known as Den Tracy. Please see the image in the Album before reading these serious and enlightening comments, otherwise you won't understand a bloody thing  

--------------------------------------------------------

It has taken me some time to reach a conclusion as to the true artistic and social importance of this work. In the course of doing so I have undertaken a serious study of the impact of the 'Winged Purple One' on the collective psyche of the western world and how this once seemingly innocuous creature from our childhood memories has insinuated itself into our daily nightmares.

If you study the picture you will notice the 'Godzilla', a brilliant metaphor for the beast within us all that is struggling to emerge from the societal controls and moral constraints placed upon modern man by both the world around us and our own wish to conform to those ideals. The artist represents the beast here with stunning, almost mesmeric, clarity. The wizard like accoutrements are as a simile for mans desire to obtain his own god-like power over his own destiny to ward off the evils that confront him.

Here our mental 'Godzilla' within guards the entrance to our innermost thoughts and desires. That part of our mind that rebels against the cute and the mind numbingly simplistic and desires only to run free from the shackles of society. Within the cave beyond, another beautiful metaphor, are the deepest reaches of our mind and soul. We guard these private places with all of the skills and powers available to us.

The fires in the forefront are a stunning graphic representation of the flames of damnation that we fear awaits us if the world should ever glimpse what lies beyond the cave entrance and inside our most recondite thoughts. The area we wish difficult to penetrate and incomprehensible to one of ordinary understanding or knowledge.

This brings us to the focus of our fears. The artist has brought out all that is fearful in this most basic of terrors. The shockingly empurpled skin of this beast of silly songs and funny dance goads us into frenzied action. The short stubby legs seeming to be able to mock us with their ability, though so stocky, to move with fluidity that mesmerises our young.

The fact that here the 'Purple Winged One' has been shown in flight springs from the fear that no matter how far we are away from the source of this horrible beast, his presence and repetitive jingles can suddenly spring into out subconscious mind and overtake our humming. This insidious creature can strike fear into our hearts from afar.

Over all as a representation of the ultimate evil confronting parents in the western world the artist has fulfilled his task in realising in pixels the true dread that overcomes us when confronted with this beast of total goodness.

----------------------------------------------------

And you thought it wast just a silly 'toon. Shame on you all.

Computer Lie #1: You'll never use all that disk space.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly by." - Douglas Adams

blank.gif Ozymandias Jones Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 12510
Lemons 7905
hearts 10

• Back to top Page bottom