Tips and trix

Tips and trix
Article
Post Tips and trix 

Sorry if there already is a topic like this, i didn't see any.

I want you to post here about the tips or trix you have discovered in Poser. It can be anything, a new use of props, something that speeds up render time.. anything.

A discovery of mine that i thought i'd share. You can do more with hairs. I ususally use free hairs and most of them are very good. But sometimes i don't find the kind of hair that i want. So i experiment with the hair that i got. I have discovered that sometimes hairs change into a better hairdo when u flip the dials to the extreme. Below is a pic of koz wave hair. It is a shoulder length wave hair, but if u spin the dials to the extreme, it becomes a very long straigth hair.

anyone else discovered something good?

TdaC [ 28 Dec 2007 19:32 ]

Tips and trix
Comments
Post Re: Tips and trix 

Interesting idea, have to think about (most of the time I'm tricking myself )
Your one on the hair is astonishing. I never liked this base too much, but in the extreme it looks realy good...

ahjah [ 28 Dec 2007 20:50 ]
Post Re: Tips and trix 

Thanks. I don't really like that base either. but spinning the dials to the extreme makes the hair work for me. I have not made any morphs or used magnets on it, just spinned those dials to 3-4 000 i think.

Another tip is that v4 clothing fits Posette if you conform the clothing, choose the hip and move it down.  

TdaC [ 28 Dec 2007 23:33 ]
Post If You Conform The Clothing, Choose The Hip And Move It Down 

"...if you conform the clothing, choose the hip and move it down. "

I'm, uh, not sure how that would work in P4, but there's some neat, non-dynamic V4 stuff I was going to try to rework...

Nik [ 29 Dec 2007 00:33 ]
Post Re: Tips And Trix 

Speaking of hair, you ever have Posy all set up just the way you want her and then start going through your pose library. Sometimes you apply a pose and it seems that the hair flies off and you have to go about putting her hair back on. I grew tired of this years ago and decided that once I have her hair on and before I start posing I lock it in place, even though it is parented, and that seems to fix the problem of the flying hair. No really.

Marv [ 23 Jun 2011 07:46 ]

Thanks Marv, I never tried this, it would lock all the styling and movement morphs, too.
The Problem is, some of the pose files are saved for a Character with a particular hair on. If you use another hr2 (internal name is allways figureHair) it will jump  off in most cases.

I tend to this Procedure:
Load the hr2, change parent to Universe, load another hr2, re-parent  the first hr2 (Poser will tell you "figureHair already exists" with the option to change it's internal name. Change it!), delete the second hair you loaded, re-save the hair as pp2 (Prop!). That will do it, and you don't have to lock it

Last edited by ahjah on 24 Jun 2011 00:34; edited 1 time in total 
 ahjah [ 23 Jun 2011 08:43 ]

One trick I found a long time ago, and is handy when on a mcahine with limited resources, is for altering an items color without needing to create or purchase lots of texture maps.  There are a couple ways to do this, one is to set the textures strength for an image map to a lower value (like 50 to 75%) and change the default color - though this may require some test rendering to get the mixing to look right.  Another way is to create simple greyscales of all of your textures - enhance the contrast a bit and use them at 50% with a base color on the figure.  I orriginally did this for Hair files that didn't have a color texture I wanted, and to save valuable HD space by not having hundreds of texture maps for one item just in different colors.

kageryu [ 23 Jun 2011 15:49 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1