One Less Option...

Page 1 of 1

Post One Less Option...

#1  Whazizname 07 Nov 2009 13:54

Hi there;

just a little note to pass on the news (for those that haven't heard...) that 3DCommune is no more.

Very suddenly on November 4, 2009 3DCommune closed it's site, store, and all.
{www.3dcommne.com for info from the owner}

As some of you know, I was a tester there for over two years; so this closing is kind of like reporting to work, and finding the place lock, and empty.

Honestly though, 3DC was more than a job for me, it was a cool, friendly place to hang out. I actually felt at home there (and that's unusual for me, a person that truly enjoys working alone...). I will miss it.

After reading threads on the subject at the big stores, I became inspired, and created this...
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/...easeHelp-01.jpg

Last edited by Whazizname on 07 Nov 2009 13:56; edited 1 time in total 
usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: One Less Option...

#2  ahjah 07 Nov 2009 14:23

I noticed it today. When I checked back to 3D world two weeks ago, they were up still, thou I wondered about the freebies being acessable without logging in. I was registered there, but never bought anything I'm a freebie raider, and all I ever did myself were freebies. I'll miss cooler's cool props. I've seen, there's a new place up and it seems some of the orphanes are gathereing there.
http://www.free3dcontent.net/home/
It's a sad thing bout 3DC, cos a loss of options is always a loss of freedom of coice...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#3  posfan 07 Nov 2009 18:26

I'll hope that Cooler will upload his/her stuff somewhere else eg ShareCG. Currently I could kick myself for not downloading all of them.....

I bought 1 or 2 items overthere and I brokered over there too. So, all I can say that this is very bad handling of ending a store:to close and not give the customers the chance of redownloading their stuff / let vendors check for customers info for further support etc. Since Mark's situation is bad since months, he must have know that 3DC's end is near for some time and not all of a sudden that he has no money to pay for the server etc.

He'd better closed the store months before when he first could not pay vendors and the trouble that resulted in a public apology in which he more whines than apologizes. After that incident he probably has lost most of his reputation. At least for me: I already decided to close my store overthere at the end of this year due to all the negative 3DC reports/rumours and bad decisions he made.

blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

#4  Tormie 08 Nov 2009 03:21

Well, I used 3dcommune for sharing my pictures... I'm very sad about it, now the options on the "free art world" are becoming less and less and i don't like the interface of many places that popped out suddenly in the very last years. If you know someone of the artists that had freebies there, you can say them that we've space here on Posetteforever for storing and preserve them all: till I can pay the bills PF will never close, and I've to think to a plan in case of something "sudden" happens to me (someone of you will receive a letter with the keys of the fridge). We go up and down but I'm happy of how things are going in the last period and I'm even more happy that we based the site on friendship and not on money .

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#5  tda42 08 Nov 2009 15:32

When you have to have a place that has to sell things to keep the doors open then it is all a matter of time when the doors close. In this day and time people don't spend as much on these things and use what they have. The results are things like this.   Wonder who will be next? ............................................................................................R'Osity maybe?

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#6  Tormie 08 Nov 2009 20:29

tda42 wrote: [View Post]
Wonder who will be next? ............................................................................................R'Osity maybe?

I pray all the time        

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#7  ahjah 08 Nov 2009 20:39

... or RDNA !? There not many left anyway. The future will be boring for people relying on on buying stuff. All DAZ's style...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4140
Lemons 519
hearts 2130

#8  posfan 09 Nov 2009 15:43

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
... or RDNA !? There not many left anyway. The future will be boring for people relying on on buying stuff. All DAZ's style...

Hopefully not!! Many vendors have their own stores....unfortunately this means dozens of sites to check....

blank.gif posfan Gender: Female
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 5565
Lemons 998
hearts 217

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML