What a bloody disaster!

What a bloody disaster!
Article
Post What a bloody disaster! 

Hi guys,

Sorry I've been missing for a few days. Just trying to catch up on the posts. I'm on the old Pentium 75 machine in the storeroom at work with a failing 10inch monitor. What a dinosaur. Still, it works, which is more than I can say for my main computer.

Major hard drive/mother-board/power-supply disaster on the laptop! #-o . Nobody knows what really happened for sure.

The shop is trying to save something from the second HD in the machine :pray: , but I don't hold out much hope. Nearly three years without a glitch... not even a major lock up, then this.  ](*,)

Just a tip... remember to back up!!!

New computer, maybe... How to pay for it?

BUGGER! as we say downunda'

Ozy

Ozymandias Jones [ 30 Apr 2004 02:40 ]

What a bloody disaster!
Comments
Oh my God! #-o I hope that they obtain to save your files! :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

JanReinar [ 30 Apr 2004 03:05 ]
:crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  I'm very sorry about that Ozy !! I changed my hd some days ago and simply transfered and enlarged the partition with partitionmagick avoiding Deviant_Viking mess... I hate laptops, I had one but I succeed in destroying it very soon, and I paid for it a lot of money :cry: ....

You simply need a 2th and a 3rd job to buy another one  :roll:

Last edited by Tormie on 30 Apr 2004 10:41; edited 1 time in total 
 Tormie [ 30 Apr 2004 10:40 ]
That really is too bad.

When Den has computer problems I stay away from him.
He turns into a maniac.  :roll:
There is a lot of swearing, screaming, pouting and other things whenever
there are computer problems.  :lol:  :lmao: :lol:
It's almost like watching a kid with a broken toy.   :lol:
I think he invents new swear words too.

I'm sure that everything will be back to normal real soon !

Bonnie [ 30 Apr 2004 12:19 ]
We need a list of Den's new swearing words so when we go to other sites we can swear in Den Code. [-(  :-k  :-s  :bigrinnin:  :lol:  :lmao:

tda42 [ 30 Apr 2004 15:36 ]
Thanks guys.

I'm with Den, I'm not very much fun to be around when the 'puter is mucking up.

It's a long weekend where I live, so I won't have any idea if they could save anything until Tuesday or later. Damn, it's going to be a long wait!

I didn't loose too much, but still enough to upset me.

Maybe a good time for some days off :bigrinnin:

Ozymandias Jones [ 01 May 2004 06:00 ]
Quote:

Maybe a good time for some days off

Yes, you´d make the best off it... :bigrinnin:

ahjah [ 01 May 2004 09:40 ]
Yes Ozy, just take a nice break, relax, have a tuan pop tart and a beer and chat with us :)
I worry all the time about loosing stuff on my computer, but so far I've been pretty lucky. Of course I can't hold that record forever I'm sure, esp with all these nasty virus and worms going around. I think I"m going to spend my weekend backing up a ton of stuff and getting my computer organized. It's sad when you go to look for something and haven't a clue where it is or what you named it lol
Between DiscLib and Acdsee I should be able to get all my files orginazed as well as all my cd's :)
Just have to say no to "chat" while I'm doing it  :crybaby:

guiltypleasures [ 06 May 2004 14:42 ]
No to Chat  :?

GP, Never!  :lol:

Looks like I lost everything on the HDs. I have the insurance stuff going on now. About a week until I find out how much they are going to give me. Luckily I had a specific insurance for the laptop for anything going wrong with it. So it should be okay... but you never know with insurance companies :-s

Ozymandias Jones [ 07 May 2004 04:42 ]
I so sorry for you HD! :crybaby:
Beware with insurance companies! My job is fiscalize insurance companies for Brazilian Government! :wink:

JanReinar [ 07 May 2004 12:44 ]
I've not an insurance I can only pray  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Tormie [ 07 May 2004 19:55 ]
miracles from god, money from an insurance company--same thing, heh.  actually you're more like to get the miracle and it'll come quicker, so keep praying torm.   :bigrinnin:

pbnj [ 07 May 2004 23:36 ]
WooHoo!

Insurance came through... just under $2000.00 towards a new system.  :dancing:

Let's go shopping  :bigrinnin:

Ozymandias Jones [ 12 May 2004 03:26 ]
Okay, let's hit the malls, I need some new shoes, some summer items...oh and hats, lot's of hats...hmm...better get my hair and nails done too  :dancing:

Contrags Ozy, glad the insurance came though, not go get that new computer and then come back and visit us more often :) We're still waiting on your wav file, want to hear your sexy aussie voice mate  :bigrinnin:

guiltypleasures [ 12 May 2004 03:33 ]
[-(  [-(  [-(  (green envy...)

Tormie [ 12 May 2004 12:19 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next