My beef with poser

My beef with poser
Article
So then, what your saying landman is we should back up? Hmm, what a wonderful concept      

guiltypleasures [ 09 Apr 2004 15:10 ]

My beef with poser
Comments
Well, what I am saying is, if someone is that worried about losing data, then spend the money on some sort of back up hardware and media. Be it a tape drive, zip drive or some sort of cd-dvd writing drive. Set it up to back everything up once a day or once an hour whenever. And it won't be an issue.

Landman [ 09 Apr 2004 15:14 ]
I may be clueless, but is there a way to setup a computer to auto backup a cdr/cdrw without having to manually do it? I know that you would have to manually put the cd into the cdr drive, but if you were to put one in each day/week or however often you have it set to back up, can you then program the computer to start making a back up on it's own? I'm serious, if there is such a way, I would love to be able to do it, it would save me a lot of time and stress.

guiltypleasures [ 09 Apr 2004 15:26 ]
That is purely a hypothesis.

Posy [ 09 Apr 2004 15:26 ]
guiltypleasures";p="8300 wrote: 
Okay, being serious <as I can be> I know how I feel when I loose something. I have been working on a story that I hope someday to finish as a book and if I were to loose what I have written up on the computer I would have a very hard time getting past it, because it's a piece of my life.

You know what I did before I discovered Poser?
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing, but sit around all day and play games.
So when I finaly find something I can do, something I'm good at, something that proves I'm not just a nobody.. something that's been an important part of my life (I've worked with Poser almost every day since I first got it).. and then lose a huge chunk of it...

Honestly, I think I'm doing better than most other people would in my situation.
I know I can still create new art, but that's not the issue here. It's all the art I already have created that's now gone, which I can't get back.

Deviant_Viking [ 09 Apr 2004 16:04 ]
Landman";p="8304 wrote: 
Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up! Back Up!

I just don't think I can say it enough.....

I did. I backed everything up on my newly acquiered external harddrive. Everything except the folder with my savefiles. I copied my runtime folder, and thought I'd taken the whole Poser folder instead.
It wasn't that I forgot to back up, it was that I fucked up.

Deviant_Viking [ 09 Apr 2004 16:07 ]
And I just managed to hit 'report' on landman's post instead of quote... *cough*
Another fuck-up..

Deviant_Viking [ 09 Apr 2004 16:08 ]
check your PM GP

Last edited by Landman on 09 Apr 2004 16:13; edited 1 time in total 
 Landman [ 09 Apr 2004 16:12 ]
A good question on the back up.I am not sure if there is such a thing because it would keep the drive pretty busy.I have always every day backed up anything I had that very day.I use to have a P166 with 32mb of memory and a 2gb on the Hdrive.I learned from that computer to back up stuff.Windows XP has a back up that lets you go to the date Windows had problems.To my knowledge it keeps the programs that were put into the PC depending on the date the application was loaded.
GP thank you for those kind words.I think we all make good friends here.     

Last edited by tda42 on 09 Apr 2004 16:16; edited 1 time in total 
 tda42 [ 09 Apr 2004 16:14 ]
there are software based ways.....

Landman [ 09 Apr 2004 16:15 ]
Where are they?

Posy [ 09 Apr 2004 16:15 ]
well here is one....

http://www.willowsoft.com/backup/

Landman [ 09 Apr 2004 16:20 ]
Landman is there anyway you can load a tutorial for backup that might help from this kind of thing again.

tda42 [ 09 Apr 2004 16:21 ]
I check the site out thanks.

tda42 [ 09 Apr 2004 16:24 ]
here are a couple links. I don't know what OS any of you are using. but I'm betting they are Microsoft based.
Windows XP and Windows 2000 were built on the same core operating system. the only differences are:
Product activation, application compatability & different interface.

you can start the windows backup utility by going to start then run and type ntbackup and hit enter.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...y/14w2kadc.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...e/14w2kada.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...y/11wntpcb.mspx

Landman [ 09 Apr 2004 16:36 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next