A rules violation -- username

Article
Post A rules violation -- username 

While viewing the member list I noticed that we have a new member who registered and activated a few days ago and did nothing after that.  The account's username is in violation of the rules Queen Bitch of the Univer

This is a good test case for the handling method for such problems like this and in the album.

I have deactivated the account and have sent no notification yet.

Wrong URL, fixed now  

Pangor

pangor [ 05 Oct 2005 19:21 ]

Comments
I support you decision! Only a very sick person can use a name like it!  

JanReinar [ 05 Oct 2005 19:32 ]
My God! What is happened here? I push the wrong button! We have a pane in the router here on Brazil!

JanReinar [ 05 Oct 2005 19:41 ]
I select "Leave the account deactivated" and the message "Delete the account and send an explaination and invitation to rejoin."

JanReinar [ 05 Oct 2005 19:43 ]
That may have been my fault.  I had to edit the poll, I made a mistake with one of the options, it was a duplicate of another so I deleted the duplicate. Also I put the wrong URL in for the Link to the member's profile, so that it would show each of us our own profiles instead of that member's profile page.

Perhaps you were view the older version and when you clicked on your choice the newer version was in place and it confused the system.  In viewing the votes we will subtract one from the deletion option and add one to the "Leave the account deactivated", to adjust for this problem.

I have added that word to the list of words the software will reject ofr user names.  The others in the list are "all", "everybody", and "everyone".  I added those a little while ago so that account can not be created with those name, so that when we say eveybody, all, or everyone it will mean what we hanted and not be on person only.

Pangor

pangor [ 05 Oct 2005 19:56 ]
Maybe! But many weird things are happen with the web on Brazil today!    

JanReinar [ 05 Oct 2005 20:07 ]
I hope  they fix the problem John ! It happens here too a lot of times   .

Obviously that nickname shouldn't exist! "pollice verso"

Today I'm really tired and "confused", but tomorrow I'll search if there are modifications to the forum software for these kind of things... Actually I receive more than 5 account activation requests per day   !

Tormie [ 05 Oct 2005 20:32 ]
Is there a list of free email host domain names like hotmail.com?

Pangor

pangor [ 05 Oct 2005 20:55 ]
If I'm not wrong it exist a mod for phpBB for doing it, I'll search for it tomorrow. In any case actually I simply check the domain of the email if it comes from a free email service, manually. They are a lot:

http://www.fepg.net/providers.html

Tormie [ 05 Oct 2005 21:23 ]
Here on Brazil the most comun free-mail and also the most used in "Borg Groups" is "@oi.com.br".

JanReinar [ 06 Oct 2005 13:28 ]
added...       !!

Tormie [ 06 Oct 2005 13:56 ]
You can not belive but in a Brazilian fanfic Forum one of the moderators remove one of his only "drones" who had post a very explicit X-Men Cyclops rated XXX  gay fic acount after change some messages what make "Vonfranck" a very kind person. He cause a great mess on the forum with some of the "drones" support the moderator and some other support the nasty member all  with very messages. The real members had started take sides and more   messages. That guy must be crazy!

Last edited by JanReinar on 06 Oct 2005 16:29; edited 1 time in total 
 JanReinar [ 06 Oct 2005 14:42 ]
I believe it JR, I have seen similar and even stranger behaviour by these sort of people in BBS echos and in the newsgroups.

Pangor

pangor [ 06 Oct 2005 16:10 ]
About "the bitch" we've to remove. There is a list of banned terms to use as usernames with few words that I'll update little by little in order to prevent such things...

Tormie [ 06 Oct 2005 21:42 ]
Done.

pangor [ 10 Oct 2005 07:19 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next