A weekly series idea

Page 1 of 1

Post A weekly series idea

#1  pangor 25 Nov 2005 18:53

This discussion may not be in the style of what this forum is for, but I started here because I do want to share this information with you and to get your ideas about it; but, I didn't want this information to be available to all visitoer to PF.

I have been thinking for a while about starting a series of images, for posting into the galleries (At PF and elsewhere), as a weekly feature.  These would be simple compositions highlighting the pure beauty of the models, characters, and textures; the models would most often be nude; however also at times wearing swimsuits, lingerie, or other such items. Much as you would expect to have a live model in an art class appear.  Men as well as women will at times be the featured model, character and textures.  There will be no stories, relativly little post work and only simple backgrounds and props, so that they will not distract attention of the viewer from the beauty of the the character.

The nudity would be presented in simple, innocent and matter of fact way that is in keeping with the guidelines that we have discussed for the Posetteforever album.  Not intended to be risque.

The rason that I didn't want this discussion the be readable by guest or lurkers visitors is that I plan to start the series using the popular models from DAZ, (such as V3) then after a while slip in some Posettes, Dorks, Dons, Judys, and some of the almost forgotten characters like Linlin and Mimi.  Once there are a number of regular viewer (I hope) each week, it will be an opportunity to show to a mider audience the beauty of these models that they often disrespect and insult.

In the DAZ member only forum there was a discussion about what use are V2 and M2 now that V3 and M3 are here.  This discussion was started because DAZ gives these two models free to all club members.  Some of the members who have started with Poser and Studio after the initial release of V3 and M3 did not like being given the older models.
Some defended the older V and M models, but they were mostly ignored.
So it became for a while a bash V1/2 and M1/2 party until someone started insulting Jessie and Judy.  Then it started to become a dump rubish on all stock Poser models party.  That is when I got involved and mentioned about how the discussion is making Virgina feel bad, and I provided links to some of my works highlighting some of the more attractive (I would like to think) Posette, Don, and Posette images in my Rendo Gallery and provided a link to my gallery here in the Posetteforever album.  After that, most of the bashing stopped.

That incident, the reaction to "See More", and the reactions to the last two of my gallery submissions at Rendo, have helped my to start this series.  The final straw was when I was playing with Poser last night (doodling for the fun of it) and I created a "life model" "Studio nude" style composition that whil not planned remids me of the some models in the paintings of the great masters of the past couple of hundred years.

I am planning to start posting this series today, because today is the first day of the christmas season here in the states;  I still have not settled on a name yet for the series.  Not all will be nudes, so nude of the week does not work.  I was thinking of "life model" of the week, but not all will be strictly within that style.  "Beauty of the week" has the problem for the use of male characters.  I am going to post the first one with the title of "Beauty of the week 1" but I can always change the title if a better idea comes along.

What are your thoughts about this?  Also, please any good ideas for a title?

Pangor

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 25 Nov 2005 19:39

There's no problem pangor   It looks like a very nice idea to me, you know how to mess... *ehm* organize the forum and/or the album for it. Actually I'm a "zealot" about Posettes and don't think to use other models if not enanched characters with the exact original shape (so that I eventually can transfer Posy   shape). Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be home and I think to finish a picture with Posy which can be very nice for this project.  

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  pangor 25 Nov 2005 22:20

I have not thought about a special gallery for this, but that is a great idea.  I will set it us a little latter.  It would be nice to have a sepperate one for each person participating in this.  So, I will create a gallery in series and then an individual one indise of that one for each participant.  At the moment that would be one for Tormentor and one for Pangor.

Anyone else would like to join in, let me know and I will set one up for you.

A forum for it may be nice.  I will set that up also.  At the moment I don't think that there is any need to set up any groups for this.  Then I will post the opening annoucnement in that forum.

Also while I am doing that, I will create the gallery for the Christmas Exhibition.

I too was thinking of a forum for discussing special events like the calendar project and the exhibitions and enyother fun project or events we think up would be nice.  I will set that up too.  Then transfer a couple of current discussions that would belong there into it.

At the moment I am going to finish a little patch work on the inital render for the "Model Beauty of the Week" ?  Still working on a name for it.  The stone pedistal that she is sitting on is cutting a little into her leg.

Pangor

pangor 

#4  Tormie 25 Nov 2005 22:52

There's no problem, the forum or the album is not a block of concrete here and can be changed for our needs. About the subcategory for each member who want to partecipate it could easy the work to make the category when an user post hie/her work there so that it can be done by me or you, the first that see it...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  TdaC 26 Nov 2005 00:09

Nice idea pangor....i have my own theories as to why ppl don't want to use the older models. I might add a Dork pic, most ppl really diss the ppor guy.

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  pangor 26 Nov 2005 00:41

Thilda, that is true about the poor old chap.  That is why I hesitate from making less than handsome character from him, I don't want to fuel their opinons.

I will be using Dork based Gilgamesh character latter in this series, he is a real Posetteforever team creation.  Some details by me, body morphs by John, head morph by Davide, Main texture map by Ace, eye texture map by you, and texture shader by me.  Many people who have seen the image with him have commented, "That is Dork?"  Just like about Virgina, "That is Posette?"

Now the base M3 model that many think is so great, is rather useless and does not have what it think it takes for regular use, the same is true about V3.  They look good only when people have taken the time and expended the effort to create the characters with them using their morph packs, custom morphing, and painting good textures for them.  The same is true for all the stock Poser people, but few are willing to even try to do it.

When I first got, A3, V3 and M3 for free, I was very disappointed with them now with morphs and decent textures I think they are nice.  Better then stock Poser people?  No way.  With the effort expended on them, each are good and each bring a different range of possible character to the table.

Still for me, nothing beats a Posette for a cute, sweet and pretty characters.  As has been noticed Margo, by best V3 character to date resembles Virgina.  I guess I keep recreating Posettes with other models.

Pangor

pangor 

#7  JanReinar 26 Nov 2005 13:38

I move Kenny pic to the Series Gallery until you can create a Sub-Gallery to him. I upload my own pic!  

Just one little idea: It would be wise to tell the member to place "Model Beauty of the Week" on their Pics Titles or we could have a little mess here!  

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#8  ahjah 26 Nov 2005 18:23