Two of Jimgo's pictures suspended.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Two of Jimgo's pictures suspended.

#1  pangor 08 Dec 2005 06:17

Jimgo, is a a new member who registerd today.  He has uploaded three pictures.  I have suspeded is second and third pictures by moving them to the testing gallery.

I sent him an email telling him that they were suspended and why (but no how), I also informed him that they will be restored one per day and I welcomed him to PF.

Pangor

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 08 Dec 2005 10:05

Thank you pangor! I hope he or she will reply to you, I wrote two times in the upload page that the limit is 1 picture per day   ... Thank you also for the disturbance of restoring them...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  JanReinar 08 Dec 2005 18:14

Good Idea Pangor! It is impossible that he did see Davide warnings!  

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#4  Deviant_Viking 08 Dec 2005 19:20

Well, I didn't see the rather obvious 'upload' button when we had the noteboard theme on the site  

Deviant_Viking Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  JanReinar 08 Dec 2005 19:36

Neither I did!   

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  Tormie 08 Dec 2005 20:16

(Tormie looks silently and suddenly farts loudly )

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#7  pangor 08 Dec 2005 23:01

Like John said these warnings well placed and can not be overlooked.

Today I returned one Jimgo's pictures back to the main gallery.  Shortly there after, he again visited PF and uploaded three more and did not read the PM I sent him.  I suspended all three of his new ones for a total of four of his works now in the testign gallery. Also sent a new PM telling him that those pictures have been suspended for now.

Pangor

pangor 

#8  Tormie 08 Dec 2005 23:32

Ok, I watched his profile and he define himself as a "retired" so probably he's unfamiliar with the software.

However I sent him this email, directly, next time I'll have to do limit his account.

[i:7b19dbd85b]Hello jimgo, I'm emailing you because it looks like you are not opening your private messages on posetteforever. You uploaded 6 pictures in 2 days and it's clearly printed 2 times in the upload page that the upload is limited to 1 picture per day. Pangor who is an administrator there is doing an extra work suspendig your pictures and releasing them at the right time an sent you a PM for it. I suppose that you're not familiar with the software so I'm writing directly to your email, please don't make the same error again, next time I'll have to suspend your account.

Sincerely

Davide Clerici, aka Tormentor, webmaster of posetteforever.com[/i:7b19dbd85b]

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#9  JanReinar 09 Dec 2005 12:18

I will keep two eyes on this guy!  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#10  Tormie 09 Dec 2005 12:30

Mmmh... Actually it's only acting as a strange guy :mmmh:, his pictures are beautiful and mmm... "clean" but he is not respecting the limits of the album. I don't understand if he does it on purpose or not. However if he continues this way next time I'll have to force that limit...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#11  pangor 09 Dec 2005 17:49

Jimgo sent me a PM where he apologized for his error.  He stated that he saw the 400K limit but did not notice the 1 per day limit.  He also asked about the emails he got with links to pictures that he was not authorized to view as well as having no access to his personal album.

Here are the first two message I sent him and then the reply I sent him:

Quote:

Hello,

Welcome to Posetteforever and I hope you will enjoy this site. Thank your for your submissions to our album. Perhaps you did not notice, that we are limited to one upload a day. Since you submitted three images today, I have suspended two of them. One will be reinstated on Thursday and the other on Friday. If you have any questions or would like any help feel free to ask Tormentor or myself, or any staff member. Or you chould post a message in the "Whip the Administrators" forum.

Pangor

Quote:

Hello,

I have unsuspended one of your pictures from yesterday. It counts as your one upload for today. I see that you have uploaded three more picutures, they have been suspended. One shall be unsuspended each day and will count as you one upload per day.

Once again, any questions please feel free to ask.

Pangor

Quote:

Hello Jimgo,

The 400K size limit is enforce by the software at the time that images are uploaded and will not accept image larger than that size. The daily limit is enforced by a manual method.

The images of the excess uploads are suspended from the gallery. Then one is retored per day, counting as that day's upload. Any new uploads by the same user on the day one of them is restored is also seen as an excess upload and so is also suspended. Once all of the picture that were suspended for this reason, that were uploaded by a member have been restored, normal uploads for that member can resume.

The emails with the links to picture that you are not authorized to view were generated when the pictures were being suspended. You will be getting another email like that one for each picture as it restored to our main gallery (The Posetteforever Gallery).

You do have authorized access to your personal album, however, since it contains some suspended images it generates that message, that is a side effect of the process by which the pictures have been suspeneded.

There is another process that can be employed to suspend the pictures from the gallery that would not have that side effect; however, there it would have another more severe side effect. It would cause to loss of the data in the picture's gallery entry, such as date of upload, view count. It would also cause the loss of the comments that other have already added to your pictures, disrespecting time and effort that they expended in the process. So this that is used, is seen as the least distructive method.

A few minutes ago I hace restored another of your works that you uploaded on your first day here at Posetteforever. You should have seen an email about that, which a link that you can follow. The remaining three will be restored one per day (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday), at this point all will be back to normal and you can upload another picture on Tuesday, also on that day your personal album will again be accessible by you.

I am looking forward to seeing your additional participation at Posetteforever. In the meantime have you seen the resource links in our forums? Also have you noticed our game room containing various on-line archade games? To play a game you need to spend a few of your candies. Candies are the point you earn by participating in our most of our fourms.

One again welcome to Posetteforever.
Pangor

Maybe we will be luck and have a new long term active member who will become a member of the PF family.  

Pangor

pangor 

#12  JanReinar 09 Dec 2005 20:12

I hope that it is all!  

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#13  pangor 09 Dec 2005 21:29

I hope so too.  At this point we can wait as see if he will remain or not.  If he remains then if he will try to fit in or not.  If he does nothing else wrong, we are find.

I have not, and I don't thing anyone else has mentioned Posy to him.  It will tell us much about his nature when he does meet her in the forums.

When I first came here, I did not know about her, then I noticed her converstation pattern seemed familiar.  So I tested her to determine her nature, after that she was to me just anoher one of use.  Others have reacted differently even to the point of earning yellow tickets.  Let's hope he will react nicely to her.

Pangor

pangor 

#14  Tormie 09 Dec 2005 23:44

Oh, It's funny to see the reactions to Posy       ... (       ) However his pictures are good (and with Posettes   ) and we've not warned him in a hard way, so we did nothing wrong...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#15  pangor 13 Dec 2005 03:24

A few minutes ago, I restored the last of Jimgo's suspended pictures.  I had expected there to be one more to re restores, but found that there were two.  Either I failed to restore one of them on schedule or I miscalculated when they would all be restored by.  I would check to verify that detail, but I see no real need to do that.  Instead, since I mentioned to Jimgo, in the PM I already quoted in this topic, that the last of the pictures would be restored today;  I resotrred them both and sent Jimgo a PM stating that all is again normal and he can begin uploading on Tuesday (his timezone).

This I hope is the end of this matter, and he will continue uploading works and get to know us and we get to know him.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next