You are invited, ArtZone

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post You are invited, ArtZone

#1  pangor 24 Apr 2006 03:05

DAZ has started a new site called ArtZone.  It seems to be centered on artist to artist networking.  It can be handy for access to free resources as they are announced by those who create them.  It may also be a place for us to encounter people who would like to be here.  So far, I have not see any advertisements for commercial items yet, the official advertisements has been for free DAZ items only.

The site is still beta and the software is still being adapted to the intended use.  So, I am not yet certaion what that purpose will be.

Membership is by invitation only.  All members of DAZ PC were invited by DAZ to join.  One someone is a member, they can invite anyone else to also join.

I have sent an invitation to all members of Posetteforever's staff except two.  I did not send an invitation to myself nor to Melamkish.  Myself, that would be pointless.  Melamkish is already there, so does not need to be invited.  Everyone else, you should already have recieved your invitation by email.

P.S.  I also sent an invitation to WC.

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  tda42 24 Apr 2006 05:32

Thank you pangor. I'll check it out.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  pangor 24 Apr 2006 05:39

Now I have created a group (also called a tribe) on that site called "Posettes are Forever".  When you join locate the group and join.  It is a moderated group meaning that once you have joined you will need the group moderator to activate your membership in the group.   The moderator will be happy to do so.

There is something ironic and a bit humorious for a site created by DAZ to be hosting a group created for Posettes and for members of Posetteforever.

pangor 

#4  pangor 24 Apr 2006 05:41

You are welcome.

pangor 

#5  tda42 24 Apr 2006 06:32

I have tried to find this sight and Artzone is something else. Do you think you could put a link here to go to? It would help all who are interested going to the site to link from here.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  pangor 24 Apr 2006 08:31

You can not get into the site until you either are registered there or you go there with the unique link you get with your invitation email, you should have the email by now.  The link on your invitation is different for everyone.

Once you are registered:

This will take you to your control page:
http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?mode=login&act=home

This will take you to "Posettes are Forever" group/tribe
http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?...show&trb_id=130

pangor 

#7  melamkish 24 Apr 2006 12:07

Great idea, Pangor!

I'm still muddling my way around over there, but it is an interesting place.  The forums need a lot of work!  There is a certain potential if they get all the bugs ironed out before going public.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#8  ahjah 25 Apr 2006 02:35

Thanks for the invitation

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#9  Tormie 25 Apr 2006 08:28

Thanks pangor ! I joined but I don't trust DAZ so I simply think that after a brief period it will become a way to promote their products with banners, emails etc.. The same happened at Poserpros: they began as a wonderful forum without stores and banners and then when they reached the right amount of users the market began   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#10  tda42 25 Apr 2006 08:39

From what I gather  you have to be a Platium Club member to be in the thing for the moment. Also if it wasn't me then somebody has my name tda42 already logged in the stupid thing. If that is true thanks but no thanks. I'm not going in a place to change my character name I have had for over 7 years.

...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#11  Tormie 25 Apr 2006 09:39

mmmh... Maybe you used it at Daz, their database are linked   However I use tormentorclone there, lol...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#12  melamkish 25 Apr 2006 12:23

I think initially, you had to be a platinum club member to get the first invitations.  

Anyone who has received an invitation from an ArtZone member has their username reserved when the invitation is sent, so that you will be recognized when you go there.  Try logging in with the email address your invitation was sent to and not your username.  It should recognize you and then you will be able to use your username after that.

This reserving of usernames has confused many, including me!

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#13  melamkish 25 Apr 2006 17:02

I was over at Daz this morning reading about the ArtZone, and it seems there were lot of log in problems the first couple of days. It was an interesting thread to read as Daz web development was online assisting with individual problems.

The big announcement was that Daz has aquired Eovia and hence Carrara and Hexagon.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#14  ahjah 25 Apr 2006 23:50

Quote:

The big announcement was that Daz has aquired Eovia and hence Carrara and Hexagon.
   Another one eaten by Daz... (Another one bites the...)

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#15  pangor 26 Apr 2006 01:31

If you have an account, any free or PC your username is reserved for you.  So menny if oyu have ever been to DAZ as tda42, it is you who have taht account.  Ignore the check for availability button, just proced to register.  You may have to use the same email address as your DAZ account if it is different that the one the invitation was sent to.

Davide, I don't trust them either.  But as long as we can benefit from them, this may be a way to introduce more people to what Posettes are really like, and let DAZ pay the bills for our doing it.  At the same time, the existance of the group will make it less likely that someone else will set a similiar sounding group that people would think is related to PF, and in the process they would use to discredit PF or posettes.

Some people who would not consider soming here, may see enough of posettes there that they may coose to come here anyway, and like it.

But it DAZ let's the place go bad, and there is nothing of benefit remaining, well it was worh a shot.

Ahjah, So that was the big announcement.  Oh well, the borgs of 3D have assimulated another company.  

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next