The link for 3D Tapestry had been deactivated.

Page 1 of 1

Post The link for 3D Tapestry had been deactivated.

#1  pangor 24 May 2006 02:34

Another site linked to from our links page and in our rotating banner links is gone.  As of last night, 3D Tapestry has gone offline It has been stated that it will not be revived.

As you may recall, that site has been in serious decline for a long time.  It almost died in December of 2005 and was able to survive thanks to the efforts PF staff members.  Further, that there were plans for preserving the 3DT community in a fourm of PF, when it appeared that it could not continue on its own.

It appears that efforts to referbish the site are underway.  However the most of the staff have have been summarily dismissed.  I don't know about other staff members, however in my case, although an administrator of the site, I have not recieved any information about any plans nor have I been contacted about my begin removed from that staff, although that did happen.  My efforts to contact the remainder of the admin staff have been ignored for nearly a month.

pangor 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  melamkish 24 May 2006 04:29

It appears that the site is back up in read only mode.  Don't know if it will stay up or for how long.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#3  pangor 24 May 2006 06:38

Yes, not only that but it is being used as a private posting forums for Chris, Hoskins, Dannyboy, and Mikalya.  The stated new primary mission of the site is the promotion of the the CDB and Chrislenn commercial products.  So to me it seems that it is incompatible with PF's policy so I don't think it will be right to restore the link.

Also the topic that you (Melamkish) and I and others posted to in the moderator's forums has been made available to the general public.  A reply was added to it by Chris that makes it sound like she is exposing some sort of conspiracy against the general membership.  The remainder of her reply is also composed of half truths and double talk.

I had hesitated to post those details here before, because it would be a case of exposeding confidential information.  Since she has already done such an exposure of staff private communications.  Here is the link to that topic:

Site policy and staff responsibility

here is where that topic also discussed as well.  It is in the description and comments to this picture of Chris's posted at Renderosity, there is her way of making public announcement.  While nothing of the false statements can be replied to in the topic, here it is possible.  Until her violation of our staff private communications, the comments in the picture was harmless.  Now this was an attempt to trash the reputations of  3DT moderators Artemis_Sun, Melamkish, and Unicornst and 3DT administrator Pangor.  I state our positions in the staff because since we have been demoted to regular users that information is now lost in the topic. linked to above.

http://www.Renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1224894

And this is a site that we of PF have expended so much time and effort in helping survive.

pangor 

#4  melamkish 24 May 2006 11:56

Under the conditions I didn't think you would restore the link.  I hit the bookmark accidently cause it was next to PF, and was surprised that the home page came up, so took a look.

Anyway, I tend to doubt that most of the non-regular members will bother going to have a look see and eventually will just fade into the background.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#5  Tormie 28 May 2006 22:09

I've talked about it a lot with pangor, however friends my suggestion is not to waste too much time in this kind of bad things and use your energies for soemthing else, like your art and fun. Pangor is right, I've personally spent a lot of time on 3DT fixing the software and the database on a friendly base when the update went wrong, so it's sad to see how thing are going . However friends I hope theat no one is spreading or will spread dirt on your reputation, we're here to rpely to them if it'll happen

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes
Lemons
hearts

#6  pangor 29 May 2006 03:29

There has been dirt done and it sounds like some still is being done.  However, I agree with what Tormie has said, it is time to move on.  I have been spening my time, working, and when working on the computer I have been working on art, keeping an eye on PF and just relaxing and having fun.

At ArtZone a small few from 3DT have removed me from their friends list and based on how that software works, that means that they have also removed themselves from my list.  It is ironic though that at the same time I have been invited by others who know me from here and other sites to be listed as their friends and the list them as mine.  There have been more of these people than those who have rejected me.  So, it is a net gain.

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 1