What is your kind of woman...

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post What is your kind of woman...

#1  Whazizname 05 Oct 2008 02:16

There has been a rather interesting thread going for a few days at DAZ, entitled "What is your kind of woman?"
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.ph...der=asc&start=0

I've found it very enlightening to hear & see what other Poser & Studio users think a "beautiful woman" is.
I posted this here for two reasons...:
1.) because I thought some of you might enjoy the opinions; and
2.) because no one has rendered their "ideal woman" using a Posette yet (and since this is the Posette's presevation society, I thought that you'd want to make sure that she is represented...).

usa.png Whazizname Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: What is your kind of woman...

#2  ahjah 05 Oct 2008 04:38

I'm no member over there, so I cannot view the thread.
We could start a similar one here. I myself am off Poser, still, but you only have to look at my gallery here, and on all the morphs I made over the years. Most of them are Posette. They're all different, but I love them all
That's my kind of women, I simply love them all

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#3  Posy 05 Oct 2008 04:38

I am not saying you are.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#4  Whazizname 05 Oct 2008 11:20

I'm with you Ahjah;

My first response, was to quote a line from "Kiss" by Prince. "Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with, I just want your extra time, and your... kiss."

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

#5  Tormie 05 Oct 2008 12:13

The ideal womand doesn't exist in real world, luckily I met Posy

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#6  Posy 05 Oct 2008 12:14

Tell me more.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#7  Tormie 05 Oct 2008 12:14

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

Post Re: What Is Your Kind Of Woman...

#8  tda42 05 Oct 2008 17:12

One of them I guess would be of the last picture that I had posted sense I posted here.

http://www.posetteforever.com/album...042&user_id=541

I have two more but have not used the morphs I mad in a while. Might get them out for a work of art in the near future.

Last edited by tda42 on 23 Dec 2008 01:09; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#9  Maelstromme 22 Dec 2008 19:03

Figured I'd get in on this post now that I can see the new site! I've worked with Vicky and others before but I get the most challenge out of using Posette. To me there is such a thing as being too perfect, which takes the challenge out of working with a program and actually learning  all aspects of it. I like Posette over Vicky cause I get better results with Posy and can convey what I am trying to get across in my artwork better with Posette.  Let's face it they made Victoria very easy to work with and if you have the huge pocketbook to keep her wardrobed and whatnot you will come out with excellent renders reguardless.

As odd as that sounds I get more positive feedback on my P4 work than any other workups I have done. I no longer post work at Renderosity because of the snobbism of if its not new vicky its not worth looking at. That is so untrue to me theres a host of people here that love Posy for the work of art she is and as I have said before if it wasn't for Posette there would truly be no Victoria. She came first and should not be forgotten.

Ok. Ill get off my soapbox now .   Thanks for taking the time to read my ranting everyone!

us.png Maelstromme Gender: Female
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2870
Lemons 310
hearts 430

#10  Endosphere 24 Dec 2008 09:04

I agree with Maelstromme about the Posette over Vicky thing, but for different reasons.  I personally find Vicky sort of strange-looking; I've never liked the look of her, which is why I've never bothered to download any version of her even though some are now free.  To me most of the time even when people morph Vicky heavily, I can still see that same distinctive face through the morphs and it turns me off.  On the other hand, while an unmodified Posette does have a sort of stereotypical "3D character" face that lacks personality, due to this very reason it is a much more neutral structure that can easily be morphed into many distinctive/unique individual looks.  Perhaps my point could be better made with a comparison in films:  Is Christopher Walken a great actor?  It's hard to say, because in almost every movie he plays the same character, which is the "Christopher Walken" character.  Vicky is the same way to me.  It's true of course that Posette can't obtain the realism in sitting poses that Vicky or even Eve WWG can, but on the other hand since she has fewer joints posing her is much easier, which makes Posette more user-friendly overall (and it's not that difficult to fix a broken knee mesh in post-render editing).  Finally as for the clothing issue, a) it's amazing how much Posette's stock clothing library can be expanded with a few tranparency maps, and b)   I think for many people Posette doesn't spend much time wearing much clothing anyway (err, or is that just me?  Ouch!  My Posette just reached out of my monitor and slapped me! )  The only strong advantage of Vicky over Posette that I can concede is that Vicky has much more realistic ankles and feet than Posette, but that's hardly a compelling reason to make me want to send Posette out to pasture.  Since art is just a hobby for 9 out of 10 people who use Poser the user should work with whatever model he or she likes best; if the Renderosity crowd thinks that's Vicky then I'm happy if they're happy, but my point for Maelstromme is to worry less about what others may think and just make pictures you find pleasing.  I say have fun with it or else what's the point?

Leaving Poserland aside and keeping with the original thread, I would like to get down to brass tacks here   as so far everyone has mostly avoided the original question Whazizname posed in the title of his thread.  I consider the beautiful European model Kyla Cole   and the lovely Indian actress Tabu   to be top of the list in terms of physical presence and appearance (which includes more than straight beauty).  Trailing not far at all behind would be the gorgeous American actress Ashley Laurence , at which point you may see a pattern forming in that I don't generally care much for blondes.  Yes, these are all middle-aged women (as I happen to be middle-aged myself that seems natural) and yes I intentionally picked links to pictures of them in their everyday appearance as opposed to their glamorous best because I actually like them better that way (well, ok   you got me, I actually like pin-up model Kyla Cole better as she's more commonly seen, but this is a family-friendly forum after all).  On the other hand looks are only enough to hold interest when first meeting someone, and if there's not a woman underneath the window dressing that has "good karma" then nothing but troubles will follow from getting involved with her.

At this time I would also like to encourage anyone who's bored to make more Posettes looking like any of the three women I mentioned in my post.     

Endosphere

blank.gif Endosphere Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 490
Lemons 202
hearts 15

#11  leahman 25 Dec 2008 07:32

Poser Models— are certainly -not real women,
and while I've seen a few renders  that looked photorealistic enough, that
it was difficult to be certain it was a Poser model—
 Still— I know a few dozen women  'more beautiful than
ANY Poser model.  But if you mean real women...
I think— a tad of clarification  'is needed.
Can you find the woman of ideal beauty?
Certainly, but it may take you many years to run across one.

But that is  -NOT the "Ideal woman".

For that, she'd need also need   'to be ideal 'on the inside.

This is  a combination 'that simply  'doesn't  go together...

The only Ideal beauty  'I ever ran across, was many years ago,
and close friend. Although she had only 'High School— deploima
in 1970, She wrote a letter to the NBC Station in New Orleans
stating that she would like to Anchor 'the weeknight News broadcasts
and wanted $75K to start, and while she had  'no television experience—
she simply held out her Porloid camera  -at arms lenght, and included a
snapshot of her face.
   The Station Manager  'telegramed  back— "When can you start?"
yet on the inside— she was a bitter black bean... meaning—
she was anything but ideal, and one must suppose  'that condition was caused
-by her own 'Traffic Stopping  'physical beauty.

Each generation searches  'for that  "ideal woman". -But
I agree with Tormie

She simply doesn't exist.
The ones  'who are beautiful—  you will find  'are Bitter beans
wrapped in a  'sugar coating...
-The beauty— fades..... 'while the bitter— stays !

YET POSEY  'stays beautiful  'and sweet— forever...

Last edited by leahman on 25 Dec 2008 07:48; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif leahman Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User

Tomatoes 22317
Lemons 663
hearts 3697

#12  Whazizname 25 Dec 2008 14:31

I want to thank everyone for sharing their opinions & insights; it certainly interesting and informative.

I'd also like to spin the topic slightly...
Post an image of the most beautiful 3d woman that you've created. (Morphs, dial-spins, texture changes, are all welcomed.) Feel free to include a comment about why you feel she is (they are?) the most beautiul. ( I included the 'they are'; because for me there isn't one type of visual beauty, and I'm sure that I'll end up posting more than one image.)

(To Leahman: feel free to somehow indicate the inner beauty of the women you choose.)

To get this spinning started, I'll post one today...

As some of you know, I recently offered several freebie morph poses for Ms. Four (I'll get into my recent fascination with her in a different thread, some time in the near future...); I have noticed that I tend to use some of the characters far more than others, which seems to indicate some sort of preference. I must admit hat I like all of the characters that I published a lot; otherwise I would have kept them for my personal use (like the other 2 dozen characters created during that period.)

So, having said that, I present "Belinda", "Beni", "Eica" & "Erenda"; the four most used characters of the sets.

{I hope these images were not already in the album here; but I couldn't be sure, so ...}

Last edited by Whazizname on 25 Dec 2008 14:42; edited 1 time in total 
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

#13  Whazizname 25 Dec 2008 14:43

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

#14  Endosphere 30 Dec 2008 11:27

Hopefully this will turn out to be a popular topic, Whazizname, as I would be very interested in seeing what others consider a beautiful woman.  My own criteria are very different from most people I know personally, and I very much enjoy contemplating Loveliness.  Of things you posted I find Erenda the most appealing, even though she has all those tattoos of which I'm not usually a fan; however in her culture being a tattooed lady is probably something very different from what it connotes in the USA.

The consensus of the posts so far (or at least the vibe I'm feeling) seems to be that great physical beauty is always accompanied by great vanity and is incompatible with a great spirit or soul.  While I don't seek to deny anyone else's life experiences,  I don't agree at all.  I suppose my view is more in agreement with the ancient Greeks, who thought that physical beauty was a virtue just like honesty or justice, and that often those we find admirable for their character will also have a pleasing physical appearance (although certainly not always).  I think it is interesting that after a battle the ancient Greek armies would award prizes to soldiers who distinguished themselves in various ways, and the prizewinner for most handsome soldier was always recorded for history right alongside the prizewinner for bravest soldier.

As for the matter at hand while I definitely have not yet constructed what I would consider the most beautiful Posette possible (or ideally),  I am extremely happy with a model I've been working with a lot lately.  She is still a work in progress, but as Whazizname asked I think she is the most beautiful Posette I have made so far.

What I like most about her:

--She's a brunette (technically a redhead I guess, but who's counting?) with long hair.  I've never cared for short hair on women, and I think at this point I'm too old to change my mind about that.
--Her athletic physique.  This Posette has some meat on her bones, all of it lean muscle.  Yet she does not go too far like a female bodybuilder or something, and still has a very feminine shape.  While she has a much smaller bustline than most other Posettes commonly seen in public (in the picture her bikini top doesn't fit too well which partly obscures this), in real life a woman of a similar size would be considered by most people to have a nice rack.  Her strong and healthy body also metaphorically represents a strength of character and mind.  She has confidence, integrity, and doesn't put up with anybody's nonsense.
--I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to do with her facial structure.  Her eyes are about 1 eye-width apart with the whole head about 5 eye-widths wide, the edges of her nose form a nice triangle with the sides of her mouth, and she has a relatively square and flat face with a strong jaw.
--If I had pictured her with more clothes on she would be modestly dressed, as she doesn't have many midriff-baring tops in her closet.  Therefore even though it's not evident in the example image, she's not much of a "girly-girl."  I also would imagine that this Posette is relatively tall for a woman, maybe around 5'8" or so.
--Although I still have a long way to go, I think I continue to move closer to realism with this latest skin texture I am working on (even though in the picture her face makeup job is not the best that I could do if I took more time).

Things I want to do immediately to improve this Posette:
--She needs a better bump map.  I always currently either use the Ultramorph Woman 2 bump map by Confusius (for "natural" women like this one) or the Circe bump map by Meegja (for women who wax their bikini area).  I have been thinking about this and gathering sample images lately, but have not yet started work on a more realistic bump map for Posette.
--I have been unable to find a decent "six-pack" abdominal/hip morph for the Poser 4 Nude Woman despite many months of searching.  Perhaps someone has seen such a morph somewhere on the web?

Endosphere

blank.gif Endosphere Gender: Male
Not Too Shy To Talk
Not Too Shy To Talk
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 490
Lemons 202
hearts 15

#15  Whazizname 08 Aug 2009 12:57

I thought that I'd started a thread here, about my recent exploration into creating  "BBW/ full figured women"...; but I guess that I was mistaken...

...Anyway...

approximately 2 months ago, my youngest sister asked me if I had ever created any "full figured girls", women with body shapes like hers, or like Queen Latifa (her words); I said that I had, and often do; but that they are difficult to fit clothing to; so they are not used as much as thinner characters.

Well that conversation started me to thinking...; which figure(s) make the best/ most interesting/ easiest to use BBW characters...? So I chose a few of my favorite figures (P5 Judy, Aiko 3 complete, V3SAE and morphs, V3 New Generation, V4 and morphs++, & SP3 complete) and started experimenting with larger body shapes. I asked for, and was promised assistance from a few "Non-Poser" using friends, and family; but eventually the "assistance" disappeared; although the exploration did not.

{As previously stated} I thought that I had started a thread here to show some of the characters; but since I did not..., and this thread is not doing much...; here we go...
{Instead of trying to post images in "order of completion", I'll just start with the image that I wanted to share today, and then eventually add any previous, or future images.}

------------

This is "Dede" (named by a family member; because "she looks to have double D breasts". I think that the breasts might be more than "D"; but...), she is a SP3 character. Most of her shape is done with the DAZ morphs; although a few are done with Poser magnets.

Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 5290
Lemons 3860
hearts 101

HideWas this topic useful?