Old Animotions Content

Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post Old Animotions Content

#1  A_C_C 14 Aug 2011 09:26

With the clean-up in Animotions a few months ago, many old Posette and Dork freebies disappeared from the net. Before it hapenned I downloaded what I could. Now, I am trying to contact some of the old people to see if I could repost them here (note, Hasdrubal gave its permission to redistribute his things, it's in a thread in the DAZ3d site).

Mister X it's still in the "business", so to speak (adult comics for a pay site), and so is Sturkwurk, but I haven't been able to locate Quagnon, Gerry and the Immortal. Does somebody has any e-mail address that where I could contact them?

Last edited by ahjah on 14 Aug 2011 18:24; edited 1 time in total 
es.png A_C_C Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 850
Lemons 608
hearts 79

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Old Animotions Content

#2  tda42 14 Aug 2011 11:58

If you look at the read me files, they should clearly state what their
wishes are. Like you can use it commercial or non commercial and
to not sell or say it is your mesh and rigging. Other than that you should
be able to use it as you please so long as it falls under the guidelines and request they ask.
It was their intent to let you have fun with it so I would do just that and enjoy.  
I hope this helps you in some way. But some of the things of Posette and Dork will be hard to find. Another thing you can do if you need clothes and are not going to animate the character is get some clothes from V2 on to V4 and scale them to meet the needs of the Posette for a render. It is done like that all the time.

Last edited by tda42 on 14 Aug 2011 12:02; edited 3 times in total 
blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#3  ahjah 14 Aug 2011 12:07

Hello A_C_C

Yes, it's a sad thing all this fancy stuff is going down. Without it nobody has a choice left but using V/M4, doing it all mega HiRes, buying expensive computers to render it all, no chance to get a real comic look, cos the old characters worked very much better for this. Not even on the commercial market anything's available to replace them, when you're in need.
So I think it is very important to save this old stuff for the future. They make sense, still.
Besides the creators you mentioned above, I remember some more, Hasdrubal, John Malis and REMC/ThirdEyeFunction. Found no working e-mail for them, either....
I talked to Marv about exactly this topic some days ago. He said he would be uploading his own stuff here, if there was any interest (seems to be... ) As for Gerry's stuff(gloves and boots), they are free for redistribution if it's for free and fan-art, so it should be no problem posting them here for download.
As I mentioned above, Marv is thinking about reupping his stuff. He talked about starting a topic about this, but now you did . Let's see wat happens.
Maybe were starting a BIG thing here for the community...

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#4  A_C_C 14 Aug 2011 13:23

ahjah wrote: [View Post]
Hello A_C_C

Yes, it's a sad thing all this fancy stuff is going down. Without it nobody has a choice left but using V/M4, doing it all mega HiRes, buying expensive computers to render it all, no chance to get a real comic look, cos the old characters worked very much better for this. Not even on the commercial market anything's available to replace them, when you're in need.
So I think it is very important to save this old stuff for the future. They make sense, still.
Besides the creators you mentioned above, I remember some more, Hasdrubal, John Malis and REMC/ThirdEyeFunction. Found no working e-mail for them, either....
I talked to Marv about exactly this topic some days ago. He said he would be uploading his own stuff here, if there was any interest (seems to be... ) As for Gerry's stuff(gloves and boots), they are free for redistribution if it's for free and fan-art, so it should be no problem posting them here for download.
As I mentioned above, Marv is thinking about reupping his stuff. He talked about starting a topic about this, but now you did . Let's see wat happens.
Maybe were starting a BIG thing here for the community...

The problem is that I lost most of the readmes looooong ago (copying runtimes, erasing clutter, all that jazz). If Gerry stuff can be redistributed, I'll start to package them (I think that I have them all). Also, Hasdrubal, as I said, gave his permission to redistribute the stuff that went down when his geocities and the actionbabecentral site disppeared, for free. Somebody was going to upload it to ShareCg, but no news since February.

Myself, I'm converting my Wonder Woman accesories for V3 to use for Posette, as well as making the belt, the symbol and (If I can't contact quagnon to redistribute his stuff) the tiara.

These two are the Hasdrubal sites which are still up (I suppose that are posted elsewhere, but If anything, I think that we could  have all the superhero stuff in one thread):

Hasdrubal site 4

Hasdrubal site 5

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 850
Lemons 608
hearts 79

#5  A_C_C 14 Aug 2011 18:13

I'm gonna start posting the stuff that I had which was free for redistribution. And I got word from Mr. X, I have permission to repost his stuff.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 850
Lemons 608
hearts 79

#6  ahjah 14 Aug 2011 18:23

This is very good news
We'll have to ask Davide to prepare a "Retired Super Hero Resort" or something in our free stuff area   
I think, Marv will be uploading his stuff when he reads this (I PM'd him about this topic)
Next thing will be to search all our own old backups to see what's there and check all the ReadMe's we didn't read way back ...

PS: I edited your starting Post to "News", so it will be shown at the front page right below the shout box

Last edited by ahjah on 14 Aug 2011 18:26; edited 1 time in total 
blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#7  A_C_C 14 Aug 2011 18:35

Thanks. I posted the few that I had still the zip in Once Forgotten stuff. Now to pack the others.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 850
Lemons 608
hearts 79

#8  A_C_C 14 Aug 2011 19:47

I have posted Gerry's Biki Top, and Mr. X Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl, and I seem to have reached the upload limit for today.

Does somebody have the full list of Mr. X figures? I know that I missed some of them, but I can't remember which ones.

Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 850
Lemons 608
hearts 79

#9  Tormie 14 Aug 2011 20:08

I am at work now, so I am using my phone to write (finger hurts ) ... Anyway just to say that all these efforts are appreciated a lot . Whatever you need, just ask and it will be created. We have still a lot of free space on the server and there is no problem to host itens,  that are very welcome . You all know the Posetteforever is,  and forever will be, no profit. We really would like to preserve the largest possible quantity of Posette and Dork freebies. I can only say thank you

l

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#10  Chromium 14 Aug 2011 21:55

More freebies, this is amazing news.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

#11  Tormie 14 Aug 2011 23:35

Update:

I created a new category for the superheroes, I called it "Hall of the heroes" ( ) and moved the related files there.

I also moved the clothes in the "conforming characters" directory (I'll probably create proper categories in the near future, now that there is something to "categorize" )

Files need a thumbnail, I'll do it little by little  

thank you again friends                    

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#12  GrouchoCaesar 15 Aug 2011 00:58

Well this came at just the right time - I've been plowing through 30-odd Gb of Poser content - mostly freebies I've snarfed over the years... most of which still have their original zips (and therefore readme files) intact.

We need a list of what we are looking for, either author or item.

I also just finished snarfing the Poser freebies at Spenderosity...  Being a methodical little vandal, when I first started sucking down files lo those many years ago, I saved them in chronological filing order. I stopped finding freebies on the net in Oct, 2008.  When I went back there for the first time in July, I went back to the earliest freebies and worked my way forward.

It was VERY obvious that a lot of stuff had been removed... including a huge amount of Posette and Dork stuff.  Sheesh.  It was that little fact that made me build a database to keep track of what I had... still slowly working on it now, in fact.  I'll add some fields to help track authorship a little better.

(Rambled on enough?)

I'll take a look at what I've got.

new_zealand.png GrouchoCaesar Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3170
Lemons 1807
hearts 45

#13  Marv 15 Aug 2011 09:01

Well....I guess that answers my question about if anyone is interested in the old superhero figures. The next few days will be busy for me so I will get to uploading as soon as I get a free moment. As to Gerry's stuff you can contact Hasdrubal. From what I understand he got permission a few years ago to host a portion of Gerry's files. Perhaps he has a current address for Gerry.

Andreas, if you like you can post the Captain America figure for me until I have time to start uploading the other figures. BTW you are the first person, other than myself, to use my Captain America. I never got around to offering it for download before my site went down.

And thanks Davide for setting aside some space for the old superhero files.  

us.png Marv Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#14  Marv 15 Aug 2011 09:07

Now that I think about it I believe I have all the old thumbnails for the old Animotions content. When I download something I tend to download the thumbnail as well for reference when I archive my downloads. It just makes it a bit easier to see what I have when I need a particular item. I'll do some checking.

us.png Marv Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1330
Lemons 1022
hearts 40

#15  ahjah 15 Aug 2011 09:32

Real heroes are un-destroyable