Old Animotions Content

Old Animotions Content
Article
Post Re: Old Animotions Content 

Ok, I've added the missing thumbnails too and I'll watch later if there is something that has to be corrected.

My opinion on uploading products for Victoria / Mike ... Well, if they are free it's ok, but we're not giving them more than a generic place into "others" , Andreas said the right words, it should be Daz the one that take care of them.

I would like to thank you for this work ... It means a lot for this little community and for the people that have no money for developing their art. In this age of permanent economical crisis this freebies worth a lot more than in the past.

In the last years I went rarely on other 3D sites and I'm scared to see how many of them disappeared or changed completely. I've read the statement on the "new" animotions and I don't understand why they erased the old contents... I've not read more than the main page, anyway, for a commercial site nowadays the cost for the web space is insignificant, the providers throw it on your back literally ... Anyway it's not my garden...

It's already stated in our forum, anyway I just remind everybody that if someone need a space, like a forum or subsection for developing or simply preserve for the future their project just ask and it will be done. As long as I'll be alive Posetteforever will be a no-profit site so no one will earn anything and everything will be for free ...

(If someone wonders why , well, I've no shoes to buy for children (I don't have any) , my car is a Diesel, I've a stable job, so I can simply do it ... Even if I'm concerned for the amount of food that my cat consumes   )

Tormie [ 17 Aug 2011 00:12 ]

Old Animotions Content
Comments

Finished uploading a good portion of my old hero figures. I edited the readme files to edit out the references to Animotions old download links. Here's the list:

AquaMan_rp - corrected the readne description
CCyclops_rp
Dagger_rp
Dazzler_rp
FlagGirl_rp - corrected the readne description
GLStewart_rp
GreenLantern_rp
Klaw_rp
MoonDragon_rp
Mysteria_rp
Satanna_rp
ScarletWitch_rp
SheHulk_rp
SpiderGirl_rp
Spidey_rp
SubMariner_rp
VanceAstro_rp
Wasp_rp

May have some more in the next few days.

Some of my old props that I have as of yet to upload are:

HeroClix Base
Ultimate Nulifier
Siver Surfer Board
Spiderman's Webshooters

There are still some other props that I did that I need to track down within the next few days.

Davide, Andreas, thanks for the moderator permission so that I could edit the uploads. It made things a lot easier. This is becoming quite a community project and I'm glad to see that evryone is so positive and contributing so much. I said it before...This is fun!  

Marv [ 17 Aug 2011 07:38 ]

Thanks again. Don't hurry, we have all the time in the world
I just PMed DAvide about the missing upload link in the new "Hero Tools" category (it's missing somehow...)
As I said, no need to hurry, we're not used to it....

ahjah [ 17 Aug 2011 08:39 ]

Perfect. Because I have found the original files of a number of the things that I already uploaded, so I'm gonna reupload them, and other things that I have found.

A_C_C [ 17 Aug 2011 10:33 ]

ahjah [ 17 Aug 2011 12:57 ]

Just added Photon_rp to the mix.

Marv [ 17 Aug 2011 18:28 ]

Up to this point I have done what I do best... download goodies

(Thanks for sharing).

The following downloaded as PDF format files!

GreenLantern_rp
AquaMan_rp
Fantasy Gloves

EDIT:

I can still view them if I open with WinRAR (i.e. Right click, then open with, then select WinRAR).

Last edited by Chromium on 17 Aug 2011 18:54; edited 1 time in total 
 Chromium [ 17 Aug 2011 18:32 ]

A_C_C [ 17 Aug 2011 18:37 ]

Chromium wrote: [View Post]
Up to this point I have done what I do best... download goodies

(Thanks for sharing).

The following downloaded as PDF format files!

GreenLantern_rp
AquaMan_rp
Fantasy Gloves

EDIT:

I can still view them if I open with WinRAR (i.e. Right click, then open with, then select WinRAR).

We had this problem before, that's something, Davide has to check...

ahjah [ 17 Aug 2011 19:34 ]

Yes... Please upload files with NO SPACE in the name, for example : "Green Lantern.zip" "Green_Lantern.zip"

Tormie [ 17 Aug 2011 20:07 ]

I fixed all three files but there are others for sure. I'm sorry, I forgot to warn ... Certain systems when downloading a file with a space in the name, cut the last part (for example "Fantasy Gloves.zip" becomes "Fantasy")
So the solution is to upload a file without spaces in the name...

I've to check up everything ...

BTW, meanwhile, just add a ".zip" at the end of the file and it will be ok

Tormie [ 17 Aug 2011 20:13 ]

Thanks for sharing!

JanReinar [ 17 Aug 2011 21:55 ]

I made a goof. Over the last days I have been saying that the Immortal stuff is not redistributable... without bothering to look at the readme. When I finally got to read them, there is nothing forbidding its redistribution.

So, I'll start uploading the Immortal stuff.

Last edited by A_C_C on 18 Aug 2011 10:44; edited 2 times in total 
 A_C_C [ 18 Aug 2011 10:40 ]

ahjah [ 18 Aug 2011 10:50 ]

Thanks for fixing Tormie.

Here is another one:

"404 File Not Found: The File poison_ivy.zip does not exist."

EDIT:

This one is still saving as a PDF format file.

GreenLantern_rp

I did save it as instructed with ".zip" at the end, and saved the file with the format "all files", which did the trick.

Last edited by Chromium on 18 Aug 2011 18:02; edited 1 time in total 
 Chromium [ 18 Aug 2011 17:54 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next