The source of our usernames.

Article
Eheh, Belladona is also a character of a (forbidden) game for playstation called "Thrill kill" were I took the nickanme "Tormentor"  

Tormie [ 30 Mar 2006 21:38 ]

Comments
And are we friends or foe?

Belladonna [ 30 Mar 2006 21:44 ]
Foe, obviously   (but I won every time  :prrr:)

Tormie [ 30 Mar 2006 21:46 ]
So you say  
Are you saying that I didnt win at all?  

Belladonna [ 30 Mar 2006 22:13 ]
     Oh no, sometimes you did       !

Tormie [ 31 Mar 2006 05:56 ]
Yes you spoke of a name and it couldn't be said from pangor. *Now Kenny is really messed up*

tda42 [ 31 Mar 2006 08:14 ]
I saw the name online and liked it.  I tend to pronouce it as Kay-ah, but It can also be pronouced ka-yah.  Either one is fine.  I did not make it up but thought it was interesting.

Kaya [ 31 Mar 2006 15:37 ]

pangor [ 03 Apr 2006 08:54 ]
The games a foot.

pangor [ 03 Apr 2006 08:56 ]
Post Re: The source of our usernames. 

I got my username through a lifelong series of events.

1.)  My given name is Murray; and for some reason children in school either thought it was funny, or that it did not fit me. In either case i was rarely called Murray.

2.) Because of #1 I began to use my middle name; which i guess was not as funny, and / or did fit me. I am still often called that by people.

3.) When I became comfortable with my creative, and philosphical nature; I often changed my name to fit the situation.

4.) I was a huge Bugs Bunny cartoon fan {I wonder why he never won an Oscar...? heheh}; and would/will greet people with: "What's up Doc?"; because of this in some circles I became known as "Doc".

5.) Once in a philosphical mood, I considered that everyone is a "Doctor", that is to say expert in the knowledge of themselves. I tried to explain this to some people in some circles; but they asserted the I was "The Doctor".

6.) Even as an adult artist/musician, people still told me that Murray was a funny name, or the it did not fit me; so I began refusing to tell people my name, and instead insisted that they call me what they thought fit me best. ironicly, most people then began to call me Murray.

7.) In the early 1990's I was involved in the production of a Hip Hop/ Rap CD; and everyone only used their "streetnames"; so I adopted "ART(:" as my "Streetname".{ It is pronounced Art Progressive; because the little smiley is headed towards the future, and not the more common alternative.} It led to too many questions In my opinion; so I only used it on that project.

8.) Sometime in the early 1990's I was in need of a username for the very few groups I visited online; and desided upon "Whazizname". I liked it alot, it was/is unique, and people actually seemed to understand why i used it. To me the username is only part of the name. People that know me, and or my creations  well know that I am "Dr. Mahatma Whazizname".

I use the name now on almost all of my creations. In fact, my personal music projects are credited to "Whazizname & WhuddevaCountz".

Whazizname [ 08 May 2006 15:00 ]
So a a question of your name has become your name.    Whazizname, Doc, Murry, ART(:, hello to all of you.  But I will not say "The Doctor" for there is only one of him and he travels in a Type 40.

pangor [ 08 May 2006 18:26 ]
pangor";p="31104 wrote: 
So a a question of your name has become your name.    Whazizname, Doc, Murry, ART(:, hello to all of you.  But I will not say "The Doctor" for there is only one of him and he travels in a Type 40.

I have a Type 40; but I parked it somewhere, and forgot what I camoflaged it as.

Whazizname [ 09 May 2006 16:25 ]
Look for a blue police call box in an unusual location.  

pangor [ 09 May 2006 17:04 ]
Thanks for the explanation Murray   !! It is a very funny story   !! Welcome again to our little place       !!!

Tormie [ 09 May 2006 20:00 ]
pangor";p="31125 wrote: 
Look for a blue police call box in an unusual location.  

If I remember correctly, there was an instance when a Gallifreian(sp?) (perhaps "The Master") did purposely change the appearance of his TARDIS.

Hmm... oh my I don't want to dig through the VHS to see if it is an episode I recorded.

Whazizname [ 10 May 2006 03:09 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 8 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next