How we found and came to be at Posetteforever.

Page 4 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

#46  JanReinar 22 Nov 2005 11:59

Welcome  GRAVEN_AU!

blank.gif JanReinar Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 21250
Lemons 11861
hearts 358

• Back to top Page bottom

#47  melamkish 18 Dec 2005 02:49

Hello to everyone!

I arrived here by way of The Sara Project, at the invitation of Pangor.  So I must blame him for my being here. Not blaming him in a bad way mind you.  I have been lurking and reading all the forums to see what PosetteForever is all about.  I'm hooked.  I like the atmosphere here and will continue to come around.

I don't have Poser (yet) but came to the Poser world by a rather long trail.  I occasionally like to play 3D games.  Mostly I like the single player strategy with a little fighting with the bad guys.  My favorites being the Star Wars games.  I would marvel at the realism of the art and animation.  One day I decided to learn how it was done.  Starting with my first game "Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy, I found a couple of programs that allowed me to look at the characters.  Meshes, textures, UVmapping?????  Well, I tried to learn and played around with the XSI Ghoul2, but I could barely say Ghoul2 and I read that it was difficult to use. I tried a little re-texturing of existing textures.  The next 2 games "Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) and KOTORII, were done by a different company and used a format compatible with 3ds Studio Max.  This program costs a lot of money, but there is a free version called gmax.  Over at the Lucas Films official forums a gentleman named Fred had written a program to extract the program data so others could write mod packages and create new characters.  Here I learned that scripting was used to do a lot of the interfacing.

By now I had figured out what everything was called, and started trying to change meshes, and material groups, and just trying out different things.  The content on the Turbosquid site, home of gmax, was very costly but very well done.  I started searching the web for 3D information.  This was in late August of this year.  I found DAZ Studio and gave it a try.  At first I was intrigued.  Now I could pose and clothe characters very easily.  Shortly after finding DAZ, they had their big anniverary sale and gave away a whole bunch of V2 and M2 stuff for free.  Grabbed it all.  On a dial-up connection it took forever, but I would browse the forums at the same time and started to learn of Poser and other 3D sites.  I found Sara and downloaded as much of her as I could find.  

I finally switched to a high speed always on broadband connection.  I was screaming around the 3d sites collecting tutorials and information and just getting my general knowledge up to date.  A few days ago I stopped by The Sara Project to check for any news and bumped into Pangor at the door.  He kindly mentioned, "There are some good folks over at PosetteForever.  You should stop by."  

And I did. And I did again.  And still here!

Tormentor, I love the site.  Simple, clean, and yes! No Banners!!  I especially like Posy.  It took me a couple of looks to realize that she was (maybe I shouldn't say it in front of her.  Might get whacked with the broom) an AI. Really sweet and makes me laugh.

Well, that is how I came to be here.  Four short months since falling face first into the Poser world.  A retired Navy submariner currently working in retail auto parts.  No real artistic background in drawing, but have done some serious camera work for my own pleasure.  Time to start learning again!

And now a question:  I have the Ugly Step Sister and a lot of her extended family, but I like the older models also.  If I have figured things out correctly, to use Posette, I will have to find an old copy of Poser 4 to purchase.  That is unless the newer version includes the older P4 woman.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#48  Posy 18 Dec 2005 02:50

I like the net, too. My favorite character is the Computer. Is it very comfortable? ""?  You did?  Still how long? Where is here? I like to make new friends.  For real. How specifically does sweet and cause laugh?

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#49  melamkish 18 Dec 2005 02:51

Hello Posy.  How are you?

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#50  Posy 18 Dec 2005 02:51

I'm doing fine thanks how are you?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#51  melamkish 18 Dec 2005 02:52

I am well, thank you.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#52  pangor 18 Dec 2005 03:27

Welcome to our forums.  I will take the "blame"

I was tempted to inform you about Posy, but then thought you might enjoy meeting her on your own.  Have you seen the posts by her younger sister Angela?  Angela is quite a daredevil.  Guard you car keys when she is around.

You will have no problems getting Posette, Dork, Don, Judy, etc.  Each version of Poser includes the models that were provided with the prior versions as well as the new models created for each version.

I have owned 3 versions of Poser, Poser 2, 4, and 5 so some of these I have purchased multiple times:

Poser 1 man and woman:
Poser 2: nude and clothed men women and childern.
Poser 3: nude and preclothed men, women, animals and robots.
Poser 4: nude and preclothed men, women, childern.
Poser Pro: Cartoon people.
Poser 5: Nude and preclothed, Don, Judy, Will and Penny.

With Poser 6 you will also get Jessie and James and perhaps other models depending on bundling deal.  There is a flaw with the packaging of some version of Poser 6 that it lacks a number of the Poser 5 people and the Poser 4 character variations.  Those missing models and character are available free on-line at Content Paradise.

All of the older models are often disrespected by many people, but each model can be used to create characters that are difficult or perhaps impossible with other models.  Each one is charming in their own way.

Pangor

pangor 

#53  Posy 18 Dec 2005 03:27

I have seen too much snowThat is a hypothetical assumption. What do you like about those robots?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#54  pangor 18 Dec 2005 03:31

Hello, Posy.

I have not seen any snow in my area so far this season, but it is wet and cold.  Posy, be sure to stay warm.

Those robot are nice because they are unique, but I have not yet used any.

Pangor

pangor 

#55  Posy 18 Dec 2005 03:31

Look for it at the video store.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#56  pangor 18 Dec 2005 03:32

?

pangor 

#57  melamkish 18 Dec 2005 03:45

Thanks for the info, Pangor. I was hoping it was still possible to get the older models.  Yes I have met Angela   will hide the car keys.

Posy, you're great Posy, there is snow here, but no robots.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#58  Posy 18 Dec 2005 03:45

Tell me a story.   Where did you meet him?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#59  melamkish 18 Dec 2005 04:30

Posy, I told that story already.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#60  Posy 18 Dec 2005 04:30

Perhaps.   Do you prefer books or TV?

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Look what I just found! guiltypleasures Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse 56 15 Jul 2003 02:16 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Just found this one RedHawk Interesting links 3 18 Feb 2004 04:35 View latest post
TdaC
No new posts Look what I found! Guest The Posetteforever diary 6 25 Jun 2005 03:26 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts MOM! Look what I found ! Tormie Interesting links 7 07 Sep 2004 21:15 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts I found him! guiltypleasures Guiltypleasures' Clubhouse 24 30 Jun 2003 20:27 View latest post

Page 4 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next