By Way Of Thanks...

By Way Of Thanks...
Article
Post By Way Of Thanks... 

Hi, I was a lurker for a lonnng time, even dropped off the forum for almost a year... Then, when I needed help, the forum sprang to my aid. By way of thanks, I've posted a couple of my short stories. --- I've three PCs under this desk --a Browser_PC and two CAD_Towers-- all sharing twin 1440*900 19 inch 'flatties' via a pair of KVM switches. The older CAD_Tower, a '98SE system, was where I did all my Poser work, extending a *reluctant* P4 across two 'bottles'. And, yes, I had the 'large memory' patch.  I've given up trying to make its now-ancient Matrox card forget twin 'bottles' and work above VGA. I cannot see half the P4 menus, and everything is strettttched. So, I must re-install my P4 disks on the newer XP CAD_PC, copy all the libraries across via USB soap-on-rope. Then I gotta install my shiny new P7 beside it, hope the installer can cope with an external USB DVD drive and no internet connection... Yup, I ticked all the boxes at e-frontier, got 'P7 revealed', 'Practical Poser' and 'Secrets of Poser Experts', too. Plenty of holiday reading !! If P7 installs okay, I may wander over to PhilC's site for his neat DIY Clothing and other toolkits. So, why stay with Posette when I have the wondrous, photo-real P7 lovelies, plus V3/M3 from latest 3D World cover-disk ?? Um, no offense to Posette, but I don't want 'photo-real', and I don't want macro-lens close-ups. That degree of detail implies mega-polygon counts. I prefer low-or 'middling' polygon models because I also use IMSI's FloorPlan and TurboCAD. Neither of them can cope with extravagant meshes or multi-megabyte texture maps. In fact, they use traditional 3DS, not OBJ + UV mapping, so keeping commonality of props etc requires lateral thinking, IrfanView and Zoltan's eponymous 3DOC... I made a range of detailed 3DS vaults, arches and doors for my Medieval-ish project, which sadly stalled when FP_8 hit OS limit and began disk-thrashing with 2Gb RAM to spare. If anyone needs them, PM. Sorry, you will need to apply your own stone-textures. [url autourl=1716155351]http://www.flickr.com/photos/14100181@N07/[/url autourl=1716155351]

Nik [ 07 Dec 2007 23:58 ]

By Way Of Thanks...
Comments
Will way of thanks I have posted a couple of my short stories accomplish your objective? Would you like to be able to see it? Hmm. Why must you re-install my P4 disks on the newer XP CAD_PC copy all the libraries across via USB soap-on-rope?

Posy [ 07 Dec 2007 23:58 ]
Post Stand-alone CAD_PCs... 

Hi, Posy ! My CAD_PCs are NOT networked, as a firewall / virus checker would steal too much resource. Downloads are scanned on this Browser_PC then, with cable modem disabled, files are ported via USB link... How did you write your reply before I posted ??? Ah, as SysOp, can you see preview posts ?? That is neat...

Nik [ 08 Dec 2007 00:11 ]
Tormie programmed me for it.

Posy [ 08 Dec 2007 00:11 ]
Post Re: By Way Of Thanks... 

Quote:
Ah, as SysOp, can you see preview posts ??

*ehm*... No... Actually... It's not *so* easy :uuh: ... Somehow, this is *really* a strange place, and you don't have even seen "what" lives in the cellar  :shocked!: ...

Thank you for popping up Nik, and :welcome: again... Our site is a little thing, its activity is a like a wave, sometimes high, sometimes low depending on what we're doing in the real life ...or, better on our lazyness  :sorry: ...

You've an interesting system there, but that firewall is not working properly if you can't write  " " " and " ' " it should not work so much as a filter...

Thank you for your short stories... I've a lot of them to read  :redface: ... My problem is the language, sometimes you don't have fun if you find a hard time for translating... (ah, sorry for my bad broken english  :sorry: )

BTW I'm jealous because you can watch TOP GEAR live on sunday  :snooty: which is my favourite show :tv: ...

Tormie [ 08 Dec 2007 00:23 ]

I heard a noise  :mmmh: ...

The Thing [ 08 Dec 2007 00:28 ]
Thanks for telling me that gossip. I will remember it.

Posy [ 08 Dec 2007 00:28 ]

Posy, can you sing for us ?

Tormie [ 08 Dec 2007 00:29 ]
No I don't think I can do.

Posy [ 08 Dec 2007 00:29 ]

Women... :snooty:

Tormie [ 08 Dec 2007 00:30 ]

Welcome to posetteforever. :hi: The ppl here are nice so i think yuou will enjoy being here :hug2:

TdaC [ 12 Dec 2007 15:18 ]
Hi there TdaC. Tell me more.

Posy [ 12 Dec 2007 15:18 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 1 of 1