Poser To Blender: Is There A Bridge?

Page 1 of 1

Post Poser To Blender: Is There A Bridge?

#1  rico 02 Jun 2021 19:11

Hi there dear friends !

Poser 3/4 could interface with Ray Dream Studio 5, so that one could send Poser figures to & from Ray Dream Studio 5, where you can make morphs, etc. In other words, there was a BRIDGE between Poser 3/4 & Ray Dream Studio 5.

Ray Dream Studio 5 is no longer made, it was incorporated into Carrara. Carrara can import & export Poser figures... but I don't think it works like a BRIDGE.

---

I see on the Internet Archive's  WayBack Machine that someone had developed WHAT LOOKS LIKE a BRIDGE between Poser & Blender 2.58. They called it Poser Tools For Blender, PT.

Unfortunately, that free application no longer seems to be available to download. Here is the link to that website on the Internet Archive's WayBack Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2012010...ex.php?name=PT2

---

My questions are :

1) Do you perhaps have a copy that free application (BRIDGE ?), PT, and if you do, can you legally share it with us please ?

2) If no one has a copy of that free application (BRIDGE ?), do you know of any other way in which Poser figures can be used in Blender, with the rigging & morphs usable in Blender   (in the same way that rigging & morphs are usable in Carrara?) This would function similar to the BRIDGE between DAZ Studio & Blender.

rico Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Elbow
Elbow

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 1130
Lemons 132
hearts 147

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: Poser To Blender: Is There A Bridge?

#2  Nik 04 Jun 2021 03:33

Poser import of FBX can be fraught, unless you have a 'trad' hierarchy, but what do Poser FBX exports look like ? And can Blender import such, complete with bones ??

May require a plug-in for Blender, may need to try several before finding one that will 'play nice' both ways...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

Post Re: Poser To Blender: Is There A Bridge?

#3  Chromium 06 Jun 2021 21:07

I can remember looking at the reverse some years ago as I was looking at nabbing a few FBX toon models.

From my limited knowledge on this subject Collada's (.dae) format is used as the bridge.

Daz Studio has the ability to export in Collada as should the Pro versions of Poser and Blender can import the Collada format.  Of course you'll need to tweak the model once imported into Blender.

Also there is something for DS to Blender here:
http://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/daz-importer-version-15.html

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

HideWas this topic useful?