New Project

New Project
Article
Post Re: New Project 

Here is another view of the back.  Most of what I have done here can't really be seen from this view.  It mostly involved getting the front and back half of the shell to fit together.

P4luvr [ 19 Dec 2011 04:18 ]

New Project
Comments

I'm almost done with this, but I ran into a few problems.  My computer is too slow to handle sculpt mode at even two or three levels of multires so I can't finish the shoulder piece or the hands the way I want.  Also, his gun is black so I can't see it in the reference pictures good enough to model it.  But I'm pretty much finished with this and I'm working on some other projects.  Hope you like this view. :)

P4luvr [ 19 Dec 2011 04:41 ]

Thanks for all the views.

He looks great in this last shot.

(Old slow computer - tell me about it, I am still trying to optimise ,my little laptop).

Chromium [ 19 Dec 2011 14:36 ]

Ok... but what happens when he flushes?

GrouchoCaesar [ 20 Dec 2011 19:40 ]

I just realized I've done nothing at all on materials!  I have the Blender default material on it with just the colors changed.  I've been experimenting with a weathered metal material but I am not satisfied with the result.  If anyone has any ideas for a weathered metal material let me know.  I'm looking for a shiny, but battle-damaged look.  I've made some changes and I found a better reference picture of one of the weapons and should be ready to update soon.

P4luvr [ 27 Dec 2011 04:44 ]

I would prefere a color scheme with plastic and latex, just as a toy. Anyway if you release it, there will be people that will make some custom colors for you :D

Tormie [ 27 Dec 2011 11:02 ]

Need to come up with a map concept for his face so it won't look like Dork and make it more robot like. The Borg! :ninja:

tda42 [ 27 Dec 2011 11:55 ]

I might try a plastic material from the Poser library to see how it looks.  @tda42, he doesn't look like Dork anymore, but I don't want to give too much away.  You'll just have to wait and see. :D

P4luvr [ 28 Dec 2011 04:16 ]

I finished the weapons thanks to excellent reference pictures found on unicron.us.  I am done with the pre-tweaking stage.  Now I'll have to spend time going through Blender tutorials to get better at modelling and then maybe I'll come back and finish this off.  I replaced P4 man with Mr. wrinkly forehead James.  I just love the fearsome facial expression on him!  Hope you like this one.

P4luvr [ 29 Dec 2011 04:39 ]

Scary dude...

Chromium [ 29 Dec 2011 19:36 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2