ProgrAnimals: A 'boning' Toolkit For Multi-limbed Blender Beasties

Page 1 of 1

Post ProgrAnimals: A 'boning' Toolkit For Multi-limbed Blender Beasties

#1  Nik 11 Jun 2017 12:31

http://funkboxing.com/wordpress/?p=866
quote:
What it Is – ProgrAnimals is an initial framework for variable morphology pose-controlled physics-based animation in Blender, whatever that means.

What it Does – In simplest terms this script creates a game-engine physics based ‘walking ragdoll’ from a user-defined armature, from humanoid biped to something much more bizarre. I think the game ‘Spore’ is probably the best analogy, where people can make creatures and they sort of walk or hobble based on how they’re built. This is the same notion, except much less automatic right now. The user has to define a little more about structure, muscles, and gait.
/
/
I've been searching for anything --help, tutorials, walk-thrus etc etc-- that might give me a start crafting BigBadBugs to go with my fun story of that name in the fiction section.

TurboCAD is unsuited for 'organic' shapes, I cannot make current version of Draw3D play nice, and assembling multiple Poser primitives is a *pain*. So, I've decided to work with {free} Blender.

I've been doodlin' arthropod-ish appendages all week, have 'Blender for Dummies' coming from A**z*n. I had a play with stand-alone Python some years ago, had fun, but barely got beyond the basics. I've never used 'scripting' in Poser or TurboCAD, so that's going to be another leap in the dark. At least I've Poser Pro, which is more tolerant of add-ons...

Tangential...
Has any-one seen a 'bug creator kit' for Poser ?? I've seen an old 'monster' kit, that let you add wings, horns, claws & hooves etc etc, but not insectoidal stuff...

uk.png Nik Gender: Male
Power User
Power User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Warnings: 1 
Tomatoes 5780
Lemons 3486
hearts 97

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: ProgrAnimals: A 'boning' Toolkit For Multi-limbed Blender Beasties

#2  Chromium 11 Jun 2017 16:14

That was an interesting read.

Sorry I've not seen a bug creaton kit, that I can recall.

...and I hope you develop that passion for yours.

gb.png Chromium Gender: Male
Old Timer
Old Timer
Life + 1
Life + 1
Tech Chief
Tech Chief

Tomatoes 5400
Lemons 378
hearts 1083

• Back to top Page bottom

HideWas this topic useful?