DAZ has bought Poserpros

DAZ has bought Poserpros
Article
ehm... no... The weekly newsletter goes in that "trash email address..." sorry      

Tormie [ 19 Feb 2005 18:23 ]

DAZ has bought Poserpros
Comments
I mostly review these sorts of mailings for the free offers   .

Most of the time I am a week or two behind in reading them.  I let them sit until I get the urge to see what is available.  I just reciently got the urge to take a look at them, and there I saw the announcement of the purchase.  But the annoucement was made after they had already broken the cookies.

Pangor

pangor [ 19 Feb 2005 18:51 ]
Another cookie mess to clean up.

tda42 [ 19 Feb 2005 20:05 ]
Dooohooo... cookies !

Tormie [ 19 Feb 2005 21:23 ]
I say wait and see, this might be good.

Nex [ 20 Feb 2005 06:45 ]
I remember this was suggested a few years back, before this little home of ours came into existence. Back then I was really worried about the consequences, monopoly, early Poser support, etc...

But now, what the hell   As long as I am not unduly effected (and I can't see how most of us would be) let them have the place and turn it into the DAZ cheer squad for all that it matters. We should just enjoy what we have and play with our art to our own hearts contentment.

Just my thoughts  

Ozymandias Jones [ 01 Mar 2005 14:38 ]
I agree with you Brett. In the last year the only things I've done on other sites was to post my pictures so as long as this site and other places are still alive, at last I don't consider the poserpros's property a problem. Actually I've enough instruments for my kind of art and DAZ is not involved.
I have nothing against DAZ, except that their human characters are incompatible with the old versions and the new versions control the market, so we have and won't have an enanched version of Posette, with the same shape. As far as I know a woman is a woman, so there is not a real reason to change the shape of a character: you can add polygons, functions etc. but you can make a new Posette compatible and with the same shape so that one can use your old morphs. The real objective is to sell all a new serie of clothes, morphs etc. because the old ones are incompatible. I hope to be smart enough in the future to be able to learn something of those 3d program like 3dstudio and make an enanched version of my beloved Posette...

Tormie [ 01 Mar 2005 22:53 ]
HideWas this topic useful?
Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4