Coming back to the Dark Ages (another rant I'm sorry )

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Coming back to the Dark Ages (another rant I'm sorry )

#1  erenda 14 Jan 2006 04:40

Well if you wonder why I don't like religion so much maybe this's going to explain a little. As you may know I have 2 religious fanatics in my school : my painting teacher which is adventist or something and know the scripture by heart and my litterature teacher who try to find in every writing no matter poem or prose , no matter of the subject , age , or the author of the writing a "biblical motive" , and if you don't write something like "there's a biblical motiv here or there" you got an "F" cause you haven't understand the message of the writing. According to this guy every writer or a poet who lived or live had consulted the Bible before writing and all s/he write agree with the written in the Bible. (Interesting how all this could agree with the Bible when there are contradictions in the Bible.) The last time I had classes with the painting teacher made me feel like this woman want to bring Middle Ages again. Seriously , she's probably very dissapointed that in the Middle Ages in East Europe there was no Inquisition , no tortures , and after ensclaved by the Ottoman empire the orthodox church tried to help people , instead of persecuting "witches" and we have to compensate now. First she started to talk about the "ressurection" thing 30 minutes and when finally someone suggested that we have a painting not a teology class and would be better to start with the lesson she told that the "ressurection" is more important than the painting and we have to know about the ressurection or we will go to hell. (According to her everyone except her will go to hell) Then she make some quotation from the New Testament I think in order to prouve that we'll go to hell. After 15 minutes we started to actually do something but this woman started to talk how our lives belong to God and we have power over the animals or something. She also said eutonasia is evil since God have punished people with cancer, Altheimer or Parcinson's disease and instead of wanting eutanasia sick people should play to Lord as some guy in the Bible did to kill them. My grandma had Parkinson's disease and this foolishness made me really really angry. I told her to SHUT UP and STOP with her nonsence cause this is offencive not only to people with such diseases but also to people who had relatives suffering from them and it's not her job to tell whatever eutanasia should be legal or not. Answer: "You'll go to hell!" Oh really...with such folks like her I am already in hell! Besides this lessons are not free , they are for students who want to study art , there aren't in the school program. So when someone pay you it 's not very appropriate to say that s/he will go to hell. The second class was even more interesting:she talk about her favourite subject "hell" what is the "hell" like and how we all will go there , and also said that all jews will also go to hell cause they have killed Jesus. Now am I the only one who think this is anti-semitism. Fist of all there is no prouve for the exsistence of christian hell , second the orthodox church defended bulgarian jews during WWII even when Bulgaria was allias of Germany and saved a lot of people , third jews haven't killed Jesus he said it himself "No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself." and last it's illegal to propagate anti-semistic ideas , this rule is in power even for church people. And I said to that church woman all these things cause she's not only annoying , not only wasting time but she haven't met a single jewish person in her live , nor did I , so she can't hate so much people she even don't know. So we started to quarell (as always) , she said I'm evil cause I dare to question Jesus' cause of death again (we have quarreled about this before) and God knew everything and God also can think intead of us so it was sort of "sin" to think. Well this IS really really stupid! How exactly is it "sin" to think. After repeating several times that I'll go to hell I went out and left her "classes" after all I went there to paint not to listen fanatic nonsence. And I'm going to find another painting teacher cause this woman is crazy. When I was 8 grade I was sorry for her cause many people made fun of her but now ... I am really really angry. She should be born in the dark ages , it would be a paradice for her.
And after that in the regular classes religious fanatic #2 gave me back my classwork with an "C" only because I have dared to write that loving your children won't compensate the lack of money , but on another hand givint them only money won't compensate love. ( The book I was writing about was about a rich broken family) and Jesus & company didn't think so.Also there was no biblical motive in my essay and no quotation from the Bible or from some saints who have commented that topic. Oh so he want quotation , I gave him quotations. For example the Apostle James is reported to have said, "No one will be saved if he is afraid of death, for the kingdom of death belongs to those who kill themselves." So , since this is quotation from an apostle I suggested him to do something to be "saved" (of course not seriously) if he really want to go in heaven . Then I asked him what would happen if more people knew this "way" to be "saved" and took it seriously? Would someone actually kill him/herself because of this? And isn't it stupid to believe in everything that's written in a 2000 years old book , or some other people's opinions , instead to think with our own brain? Otherwise "God" would not made us with brains. So he didn't correct my "C" but also gave me an brand new "F" because he wasn't contant of me and since he was the "boss" (he really likes to call himself that way) I didn't deserve a good "salary" (Hello? We are in school not at work. We don't work for him) Later he flooded us with another Bible quotation and "biblical motives" and also said that those who believe in Jesus or God without seeing him are very happy (I think this is also somewhere in the Bible) and look at me in a very nasty way like wanting to say :"You're in a bad mood cause you don't believe in Jesus". No I'm in a bad mood because such people exist and excercise a certain power upon me. And I don't like it!
I'm sorry if I have offended religious people here , but those I'm talking about are fanatics! And probably most of you will agree. This is madness. Thank you for paying attention to my rant , and once again sorry for wasting your time! I have to stop with this ranting I know

erenda 

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Posy 14 Jan 2006 04:42

Aha. That does not happen very often. Well that's okay.               I will remember you said that when robots take over the World. I don't think I have read                  he or she was writing about was about a rich broken family and Jesus oh company is not think so             . Fascinating.               Where did him what would happen if more people knew this way to be saved and take it? In that case: I am a Christian.

it.png Posy Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#3  Tormie 14 Jan 2006 10:11

I'm not very fond of religion erenda, we had and still there is a class of religion at school till the university but I and other classmates went to an alternative class at that times, not becasue of being religious or not bur because we thought that religion should not be teached in pubblic schools: if one wants he or shhe have to go for it volunteerly.

For you topic, if you can change teacher, tell to your master there that you are not that religious... No, tell him or her that you've become a jew and that that teacher hates jews and it's better for all that you change teacher or you'll tell it to newspapers   ...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72502
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#4  erenda 14 Jan 2006 11:02

Quote:

No, tell him or her that you've become a jew and that that teacher hates jews and it's better for all that you change teacher or you'll tell it to newspapers  ...

WoW! Good idea!       Amen!

erenda 

#5  TdaC 14 Jan 2006 11:33

Speaking as a qualified teacher and a christian, your teachers are nuts. I have also read the bible from cover to cover, but i guess i interpreted what i read differently then they/him/her.

The way i personally see it as a christian:
God doesn't punish ppl by making them sick, he hates sickness. Why would Jesus walk around isreal/palestina healing ppl, if illness is a punishment/the goal. It's as common that christians gets sick as ppl of other faiths, if it's a punishment - why would christians get sick at all, why not just ppl of other faiths.
God has given us all different gifts, some has the gift of healing and making sick ppl better when they can - doctors and nurses. He doesn't give ppl illness,he is helping us help ourselves.

Jews - in general didn't kill Jesus. Some specific ppl who were jews , like Jesus was, killed him (theoretically speaking, technicaly it was the romans). Jesus also forgave the specific ppl who took his life. Why would anyone be guilty of someone else's actions? That doesn't make any sense. Just nuts....

It's not a sin to think or question stuff that ppl tell you or that you yourself have read. That just means that you are smart enough to not swollow everything and that you are using the brain:) Asking questions/ having discussions are a way of find things out - no matter what the subject is. Asking questions moves ppl forward - not backwards. I don't believe thast you or anyone else will go to hell for asking questions

For your teacher to change your grade because you have a different opinion and questions him/her, that's very wrong for a teacher to do. Having different opinion than a student or being pissed becuase a student questions you, just show what a little man he is.

""You're in a bad mood cause you don't believe in Jesus". No I'm in a bad mood because such people exist and excercise a certain power upon me. And I don't like it! " Couln't agree with you more

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

#6  rayera 14 Jan 2006 11:43

Now I understand why you hate religions Erenda!!! the kind of people you describe make me laugh   .
Here public schools don't teach religion, a month ago a teacher was suspended from a public school for keep a fanatic discusion about religion.
I'm catolic, I don't know how much apostolic   , and sometimes doubt about the roman part   . I went to a Catolic school, and had religion clash, those school are private and you mas pay for it and not even this school was so fanatic about religion, they admited other religion student, and they was able to go to the library, to the garden, the computer room, or to the bar, during religion class or doring religion seremonies.
I have frieds of other religion, here are a lot, I have a friend hare krishna, a protestant one, a jew, one of my best friends is atheous, and the other now is a Saint Francis monk   , I use to talk with them about religion, never arrived to a bad discussion, and I think I learned a lot from them, mainly to respect other religions and other's way of thinking, I mainly like the point of view of my hare krishna friend (i typed it in the spanish way, no idea how is in english) they say that they don't want to impose their religion to other religion people, they want the people keep their own religion, but they want to teach a new way of living, a new way of self looking, of self talking, of self apresiation, to apresiate, talk and see other people in the same way. I think basic religion is very deep in the soul and is what tell you what is good and what is bad, the other is a question of traditions, of politic, and social matters.
I'm very sorry you have people like this in the school, my most beloved grandmother had parkinson too, I never was sayed God send deseases to punish us, in biologic clash of my religion school my very religious teacher and diacon, told us that deseases are a natural condition part of the natural circle of the life, no send to punish or hurt us, they are just because there is a natural circle of death and born and deseases hurts us when we have one or a loved people have one, but is stupid to think they are a punishment, they are just part of the like circle. I saw my grand mother to suffer this desease, and my other grandmother to die of an artritic deformation of her rib cage and when they both died I suffered a lot, but no way to think that they have been punished or I have been punished.
Probably you should complain to the directives of the school, or probably the best is to ignore them    or much better just laugh at them  

argentina.png rayera Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#7  erenda 26 Jan 2006 04:46

BTW , I know it's off-topic but I found some interesting facts about Krishna.

"
--Krishna was born of  the Virgin Devaki (Divine One) on December 25.
--His earthly father was a carpenter, who was off in the city paying tax while Krishna was born.
--His birth was signaled by a star in the east and attended by angels and shepherds, at which time he was presented with spices.
--The heavenly hosts danced and sang at his birth.
--He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
--Krishna was anointed on the head with oil by a woman whom he healed.
--He is depicted as having his foot on the head of a serpent.
--He worked miracles and wonders, raising the dead and healing lepers, the deaf and the blind.
--Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love, and he lived poor and he loved the poor.
--He castigated the clergy, charging them with ambition and hypocrisy . . . Tradition says he fell victim to their vengeance.
--Krishna's beloved disciple was Arjuina or Ar-jouan (Jouhn).
--He was transfigured in front of his disciples.
--He gave his disciples the ability to work miracles.
--His path was strewn with branches.
--In some traditions he died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.
--Krishna was killed around the age of 30, and the sun darkened at his death.
--He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven in the sight of all men.
--He was depicted on a cross with nail-holes in his feet, as well as having a heart emblem on his clothing.
--Krishna is the lion of the tribe of Saki.
--He was called the Shepherd of God and considered the Redeemer, Firstborn, Sin-Bearer, Liberator, Universal Word.
--He was deemed the Son of God and our Lord and Savior, who came to earth to die for man's salvation.
--He was the second person of the Trinity.
--His disciples purportedly bestowed upon him the title Jezeus, or Jeseus, meaning pure essence.
--Krishna is to return to judge the dead, riding on a white horse, and to do battle with the Prince of Evil, who will desolate the earth."

Now am I the only one who see some similarities?     

erenda 

#8  Posy 26 Jan 2006 04:46

Why now? All humans seem the same to me.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#9  ahjah 26 Jan 2006 16:08

whise one, Posy

blank.gif ahjah Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Chief
Chief
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 4130
Lemons 517
hearts 2130

#10  Posy 26 Jan 2006 16:08

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#11  pangor 27 Jan 2006 22:21

I am so amazed that so many who consider themselves the be very religious and educated seen to never have heard about the Council of Nicaea.  The was held by the order of the Roman Emperor the unify the various christian sects of that time. in the 3rd Century A.D.  The most powerful of the leaders of the Christians were ordered to attend.  In the process the various texts and ideas were examined by them.  Each was accepted or rejected by a majority vote.  Something like this:

Was Jesus a man who was possessed by an angel it was the angel.  When crucified, the angel abandoned the man to die.  After the resurrection it was the angel who was seen?  Vote YEA or NAY.  Count the votes, The NEYs have it, rejected.

Was Jesus the son of God, Vote YEA or NAY.  Count the votes, The YEAs have it, accepted.

Similar votes were taken for inclusion or exclusion of each book of the bible.  Of the several hundred Gospels only four survived, after serious editing and redacting, still they survived with contradictory information.

The resulting unified Christianity was named Catholic.  Any who did not agree with the new unified creed were called heretic and at first forced to convert or die.  The purpose of the Holy Office of the Inquisition was to identify and kill heretics.  Erenda, from what you have said about their beliefs,  both of your fanatic teachers would have been examined by the inquisitors and declared heretics and burned at the stake to purify their souls by the fire.

One of the heresies was that Jesus remained on Earth rather than ascending and he traveled to other lands to the east, to continue his teaching while his wife, Mary, traveled with their children to the provinces of Iberia, Galicia, and Britannia.

At one time, to be a christian you had to be of the Jewish fate first.  Christianity at that time was just another of sect of judaism.  That didn't change until after the end of the second Jewish revolt against Rome, the destruction of the second temple and the fall of Masada about the year 67AD.

Something that I bet you fanatic teachers don't know is the real name of Jesus.  Jesus was not his name, it is a Romanized version of his name. For example, the real names of Jesus is Joshua, of Mary is Miriam, of Lazarus is Eleazar.

Oh, did you know that most christian prayer end with the invocation of the name of an ancient egyptian god?

Rayera, the Roman part of Roman Catholic church comes from the inheritance of Emperor Constantine.  It is said that, he gave the Roman Empire to the Holy See.  Making the Pope the new Roman Emperor, who in exchange declared the the entire world belonged to the Roman Empires, he then delegated his powers as emperor back to Constantine to rule the empire in his name.  It is from this that coronation of ruling royals was derived and why opposing a royal was considered so bad, and it was the beginning of feudalism.

pangor 

#12  rayera 28 Jan 2006 04:19

Yes Pangor I remember that, but in religion class I was told that the Roman part of catholic Apostolic and Roman (Catolico Apostolico Romano in my lenguage) most of all means that we acept with eyer and mouth very closed what the Pope and the Holly Chatolic Church say and order, when I asked my Saint Francis Monk friend if that was bad, he told me that in The Church men do take desitions and that I can not to agree with the men but that my good will, and Jesus Speaking to my soul will tell me if it's wise or not to acept it,    I think this was a very prayer-answer    as I saw him very worried about my Catholic integrity because I know he loves me and as I love him, just put concerned face and sayed yes   , but actually I think that sometimes in The Church men take men desitions or speak with the men tonge, it doesn mean I will end being Catholic, I was raised one, and I love my religion and I respect it as I respect avery religion that after all pray for love and peace.
About the egyptian god invocation Pangor, that's not weird for me, I live in a Latin American country and here fetichism and paganism (just hope I typed it correctly) are a living part of the Catholic Religion not tough by the church but self imposed by the people, and sometimes acepted by The Church autorities  
Amen  

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#13  Posy 28 Jan 2006 04:21

Oh yeah, we were talking about                  the egyptian god invocation Pangorok does not not weird for meok he or she live in a Latin American country and here fetichism and paganism just hope he or she typed it correctly are a living part of the Catholic Religion not tough by the church but self imposed by the peopleok and sometimes acepted by The Church autorities smile Amen sad             .

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

#14  rayera 28 Jan 2006 04:26

Wow Posy I didn't know Pangor was an egyptian God called Pangorok   , and it's intereting to know he's been here in Latin America, living, probably he was whom constructed Nazca plain using terragen      

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 3930
Lemons 2560
hearts 11

#15  Posy 28 Jan 2006 04:26

I'm glad your impressed, rayera.              I haven't heard anything like that before:   rayera said I you is not know Pangor was an egyptian God called Pangorok ok and where is intereting to know you are doing been here in Latin Americaok livingok probably he was whom constructed Nazca plain using terragen.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 50470
Lemons 26123
hearts 99

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts dark theme.... mosca Whip The Admins... 5 02 Dec 2003 10:43 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts A rant Wheelchair The Posetteforever diary 23 12 Jul 2004 03:37 View latest post
Den Tracy
No new posts My turn to Rant melamkish DEATHMATCH ARENA 20 04 Jan 2006 03:56 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Auto censorship! (rant) Posy The Posetteforever diary 2 28 Feb 2006 02:49 View latest post
Posy
No new posts Nea is coming... PitKlad The Posette Playground 58 07 Jul 2004 12:26 View latest post
Posy

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next