erenda
Subject: Making clothes in Carrara 3
Does anybody here use Carrara Studio? I'm trying to make a new ancient dress for Posette (like Mediterranian dress for Vicky) but when I export the Posette figure in the vertex modeller it becomes too small and I can't see what I'm doing. ](*,) I must rotate the camera all the time . ](*,) Does anyone know how can I make it bigger?
And anoter question to all 3D Studio Max users. I know 3DS Max uses a lot of ressources , but if I use it only to make clothes would be 127 MB RAM enough ?

Subject:
Hi
I dont use Carrara, but it´s a known problem Poser exports downscaled obj. (it´s the same the other way round :) )
Here´s a tool called ObjactionScaler to solve this
http://www.sandylodge.demon.co.uk/html/utilities.html

Subject:
Not sure what to tell you about Carrara. Don't use it. Try searching google or something for Poser Tutorials. Might help to also check other forums like Renderosity, 3D Commune, and a couple others that do 3D work.

I use Max Studio for my stuff it's a killer on a computer. I am running a 1.2Ghz P3 processor with 512 MB SDRAM and a 128 MB Video card. And loading a Hi-res figure wil almost kill mine. Posette and the lo res figures are fine, as long as you don't go to overboard. I would say to try it first Max 7 Demo is free I believe from www.discreet.com, you can go there and even look up system requirements.

erenda
Subject:
Thank you! :dancing: I installed 3D Studio Max 6 a month ago , but I haven't used it yet. [-( I prefer Carrara because the interface looks like te Poser interface ( I think Carrara was owned by Metacreations ) The system requirements are too high, but I want to use 3DS Max only for making clothes for Posette and Dork. I'll try it sooner...

Subject:
I have Carrara Erenda but never used it to make model but to do renders, it has (IMO) one of the best rendering engines (the lights are wonderful) as you said the interface is very nice and friendly but I m doing my first steps in modeling and, by now, I prefer wings 3d. I greatly recomend you it if you are a beginer too it's very easy to use and very complete free aplication and has a lot of tutorials in the page where you can download it from.
By the way what is "Sireuma deritika kren orul detoril!"
Good luck, and good renders :bigrinnin:

erenda
Subject:
Thank alot! " Sireuma deritika kren orul detoril" means " Always more, never enough" . It's phrase from the language I'm inventing. :bigrinnin:

Subject:
:bigrinnin:

Page 1 of 1