Goto page Previous  1, 2

Subject:
It's ok, also because modifying the rules I noticed that those terms are prohibited... (Tormie has stolen PF rules somewhere else :oops: )

pangor
Subject:
I meant to say that I have deleted the account and sent her an email. I notified her of the two violations the username and her use of a free email addess. I cited the rules that were violated and invited her to register with a username and email address that do not violate the rules.

The free email account was not the original issue, I noticed it when sending the notification; however, I added it to the reasons for removal of the account.

I noticed that *bitch* was listed but she used *Bitch* so I added that too. Because of the capitalization. Besides the * wildcard character, does the software understand unix style regular expressions? If so, those two enteries could be replaced by this one *[bB]itch*

Pangor

Subject:
I think that it's all on phpBB, I'll try to register using that term with only the lower case, however I added the term only after seeing this post. I think that for phpBB the case doesn't matter because I use to login with lower cases but my username has the first letter in upper case

pangor
Subject:
Good! It must be using a strncasecmp() style function for the comparison. :thumb:

Pangor

Subject:
:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :mmmh:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

pangor
Subject:
Sorry, the programmer in me.

phpBB is written in PHP, and PHP is in turn written in C. The C programmin language has no operatives to do many things like work with files or in this case to compare strings; it uses library functions to provide those features and more. In the early C standard library there is function to compare strings and return a number based on which string comes first. The function is: int strcmp( char *s1, char *s2); It is case sensitive, there have been other functions to do the same that are not case sensitive such as, int strncasecmp( char *s1, char *s2, size_t n );

That is the C function that I assuming that phpBB is using through the PHP interpreter.

Pangor

Subject:
OK ! Now I've understood ! :liar: :liar: :liar:

:uuh: :doh: :oops:

Subject:
LOL! phpBB for me is like a car: I can drive it fine, but I can't build one of them :whistle: !

pangor
Subject:
:lmao:

No problem.

Pangor

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2