Subject: Max Assistance Requested
Hi there;

I recently stumbled upon some very cool & unusual car models at smc.net. Specificly:
http://www.smcars.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=15

http://www.smcars.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=5

http://www.smcars.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=4

Now some of you have seen my "ActionGirl" images, and know that my muse is very anxious to get the Gallardo, and Koenisegg into one of those scenes; however Max is for Windows, and I use only Macintosh...

Now to the request; would someone be willing to convert these models to 3ds format so that I (and other Max-less users) can use them in our Poser creations? (I understand from reading other sites' forums, that the free 30 demo version of Max can do the conversions.)

Thanks in advance!!

(:

Last edited by Whazizname on 09 Jan 2009 13:46; edited 1 time in total
Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Max Assistance Requested
I figured I should post an image of the vehicles in question...

(:

Profile PM  
I passed the files to my bro, I'll let u know soon :)

Lamborghini Gallardo "Super Splattera" Update:

I imported the 3ds into Carrara2 realigned the parts, and then exported it as an obj for use in Poser. In Poser, I discovered that there weren't enough material zones to make the model useful for the type of scenes that I had in mind. So I put the model asside, and worked on other things.

I was feeling uninspired a few days ago; so I decided to do some more work on the "Super Splatera"...

I've spent several hours in the last few days adding material zones to it. {Whew; Poser's "grouping tool" is a pain!}
I think that perhaps I'll add a few more material zones to the weapons...; I think that will help the realism a bit.

I guess that I'll render a few "Action Girl" scens useing the "Super Spalttera", and then sit this aside for another while; and then if I find an interior mesh that seems to work well, perhaps rig it as a figure.

Thanks again for the assistance Tormie!! :hug2: :friends:

(:

Profile PM  
:shocked!: It is a good car for Carmageddon or Death race !

Good work :thumb: !

:)
Thanks for the comment Tormie!

It reminds me that the creator did say that the model could be modified for use in games. (Just post what you did to the forums there...)

Also; did you make any progress converting the Koenigsegg to 3ds, or obj? (I know that "Real Life" has been busy for you...; but wanted to check.)

(:

Profile PM  
Well, I built a quick scene around the above render...

I have to put this model down for a little while; I think that all the time I spent adding materials with Poser's grouping tool has left my brain a bit fried.

(:

Profile PM  
:clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: That car has many details... And many materilas for you :wink: . No news by now for the other cars.

Page 1 of 1