Low polle models

Page 1 of 1

Post Low polle models

#1  Wheelchair 16 Feb 2005 21:28

Hey guys. I want to build a middle age battle scene with lots of people in it. Are there any low poly count models around to fit the bill?

Hay castles need a sege from time to time

blank.gif Wheelchair Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2530
Lemons 3276
hearts 11

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 16 Feb 2005 23:14

... The strange thing is that I never have a ready-reply for your questions Harold      

I'll search for something useful...

it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  pangor 16 Feb 2005 23:18

How about the Poser 1 and Poser 2  people?  They are not pretty, but they can serve when you need many at once without close up details.

What software are you going to use to render with?  There is a trick that I came up with that may help you, but the details how to do it, will depend on you selection of rendering software.

Pangor

pangor 

#4  Hawktoey 16 Feb 2005 23:20

Have you looked at the P3 figures? Don't know what their count is but I would assume they are lowest of Poser people. Another thing would be to make a render of the characters take the image make an alpha map and put them in the scene using planes. Only real low poly people are in the games. Maybe visit a game forum, some of them supply the files needed to extract the figures from a game to use....

Hawktoey Gender: Male
Frequent User
Frequent User
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1530
Lemons 1137
hearts 0

#5  Wheelchair 17 Feb 2005 00:30

I'm doing my scene in bryce. The problem with p1 and p2 models is clothing. A business suit in a battle scene Yuck!  

blank.gif Wheelchair Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 2530
Lemons 3276
hearts 11

#6  tda42 17 Feb 2005 00:59

If it is a far away scene then use Woody for the characters or look to bryce and build some small ones in there.   If your not going to show faces in some seens even changing there texture to look like clothes on them but its their body texture you will put the clothes on. Just an idea. Once you import Poser models it is possible to reduce the poly count.

blank.gif tda42 Gender: Male
...Pink Paws...
...Pink Paws...
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Old Timer
Old Timer

Tomatoes 22450
Lemons 12546
hearts 3910

#7  pangor 17 Feb 2005 02:49

Good, bryce supports this method well.  This is for the nonkey characters, like extras in Hollywood.   If there are going to be a number of figures in formation Outfit and render one figure of each needed pose.  Render each of them either individually or in small groups. Depending on your scene you could do that rendering in Poser or bryce.  It is better to make oversized renderings of these figures.  You will need to save these to disk with an alpha channel or you will need to prepare a transparency mask for each one.  They need to be aligned with the camera as they will appear in the final scene.

Building your scene, create a 2D picture object for each of your prerendered figures, use the rendered images for the diffuse and ambient maps.  If you prepared sepperate transmaps, use the transmap for transparency.  Set the texuring mode to "blend transmarency".  You could also create and use bump maps for a pseudo 3d effect.  Now place your figure.  Replicate it and place it where else you may need it.  If you need to produce a number of them in formation, use multireplicate and the perhaps the randomize settings from the functions.  Repeat with the rest of the pre rendered images.  Make certain that they all face dead on into the camera, or the illusion will fail.

Then add your foreground figures as you normally would.

As for using P1 and P2 people, I was thinking of the nude one with props added for clothing, armor, and weapons.  In a project that I was woking on before I pause it in favor of the images for the valentine's day exhibition, I was going to need a large number of figures like this also.  Fortunatly most of them are in the distance and are in formation, so I started using the Poser one males this way.  Poser 1 people a very low poly count models, rather ugly, but in the distance they can be useful.

pangor 

#8  TdaC 17 Feb 2005 10:59

Well here you can find lowpoly female models, don't know about male modles.
http://fast3d.actionbabecentral.com/

blank.gif TdaC Gender: Female
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 7320
Lemons 8763
hearts 143

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts P4 models Tormie Interesting links 6 15 Mar 2011 01:31 View latest post
JanReinar
No new posts VRM Models Nik Interesting links 4 11 Apr 2021 14:49 View latest post
Chromium
No new posts Free Models tda42 The Posetteforever diary 8 19 Jun 2010 11:58 View latest post
JanReinar
No new posts More free models for Ye' RedHawk Interesting links 17 08 Mar 2004 11:59 View latest post
Maelstromme
No new posts Free Models For All Your Needs leahman Interesting links 5 28 Nov 2007 17:45 View latest post
tda42

Page 1 of 1