Goto page 1, 2  Next

Subject: Tormie is working...
Tormie announces that (finally) he's seriously working on the site's upgrade which should fix a lot of security holes...

In the meanwhile I'm testing and probably will use a new portal for the main page.
Nothing will change when I'll upgrade the software, maybe I will erase some unused features. My purpouse is to make the things in a way that in the future it will be simple for me to upgrade the software, so I'll use a program for phpBB called Easymod who will trace all the modifications and should be able to help me in the upgrades.

In the last moths, the sites based on the same software of PF have been attacked by hackers and ia a lot of cases they destroyed the place. We were "lightly" attacked and I find a temporary way to defend the site moving out the administration panel and erasing all the admin privileges, it would mean for me to make the manteinance directly on the database, but it's not easy so I have to move and upgrade. I don't know how much time it will take but you'll simply see it when it's done :whistle: !

:bigrinnin: :bigrinnin: :bigrinnin:

Last edited by Tormie on 20 May 2005 21:07; edited 1 time in total
pangor
Subject:
Thanks

Pangor

Subject:
Thanks Davide! :) :clap:

Profile PM  
Subject:
Good luck to you in the upgrade! And hopefully that mod will come in handy in the future to make less work on you!!

Subject:
Oh, yes :bigrinnin: , the installation is nearly finished but the big work begins now. But I'm happy because it will be easier in the future keep the site safe...

pangor
Subject:
:)

Subject:
security is good!!! :thumbleft:

Subject: Re: Tormie is working...
Ok, The new files are 80% done. Making the work I'm trying to keep things very simple because there are a lot of useless thing installed on the site, I mean things that no one ever used and that could be of some confusion...

During the weekend I'll try to make an adaptation of the notebored style, backup all the files of the board, backup the database and try it on the new "mask"

:whistle:

Subject:
P.S. If you're very, very curious :whistle: you can see what I'm doing here:

http://posetteforever.com/phpbb
but BE WARNED

going there could make a mess with your cookies :sick: ... So if you've been very very curious [-X and then you're having these problems :roll: there is our (tm) cookies eraser here:

http://posetteforever.com/cookies.php

=;

Last edited by Tormie on 30 May 2005 23:44; edited 1 time in total
Subject:
Cool! :bigrinnin:

Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
Great!

Pangor

Subject:
I had problems loggin in this morrnig ](*,)
But now, all seems back to normal :bigrinnin:

Subject:
oh yes, Tormie made some mess :oops: , He wanted to modify the new files and he modified the old ones :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ...

Last edited by Posy on 28 May 2005 09:56; edited 1 time in total
Profile PM  
Subject:
... that´s what I thought :lmao:

Subject:
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2