New (old) log in problems

Page 1 of 1

Post New (old) log in problems

#1  melamkish 26 Dec 2005 03:58

I've noticed that on a random basis that when I visit different sections of the sight I am logged in and then not logged in.  Sometimes, I'll log out and close my browser, come back latter and find I'm still logged in. Tried to upload my calendar picture, was asked to log in again, then redirected back to the home page.  I have re-read the posts on deleting cookies and followed the procedure several times.  Still having problems.

Using Netscape 7.2 and have used the Netscape cookie manager to delete the cookies, also.  Any insight?  

I almost never use IE, but just started experimenting with FireFox.  Maybe I'll FF and see what happens.

melamkish Gender: Male
Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

• Back to top Page bottom

#2  Tormie 26 Dec 2005 08:57

The cookie problem happens in the album and it's dure to the fact that the album has it's own life and it's ported to the forum software. it has it's own cookies system and login-logout, it recognize the forum cookies but not the contrary, however sometimes a mess happens. Posy   uses firefox but after deleting the cookies and logging in a couple of times it never happened again.
I'll work again on the software on an updated version, I'm doing it on a test forum, I hope it will fix some problems.
if you want to delete the cookies, go to

http://posetteforever.com/cookies.php

delete them then close the browser, open it again, log in to the forum, go to the album and follow the login again if asked

I'm sorry for the inconvenience...

Last edited by Tormie on 26 Dec 2005 09:46; edited 1 time in total 
it.png Tormie Gender: Male
Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#3  Angela 26 Dec 2005 08:58

Once more? Can you remember any time that Posy smile uses firefox but after deleting the cookies and logging in a couple of times it did it?

blank.gif Angela Gender: Female
Online Support
Online Support
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1730
Lemons 855
hearts 0

#4  pangor 26 Dec 2005 09:01

I have been using Mozilla, sometimes Konqueror with no problems.  Last week I started using Firefox (varsion 1.5), the first time I ran it, it located and imported my settings, bookmarks, cookies, etc from Mozilla.  It has had not problems with remaining loged in.  I don't know how well the Windows version of the software will work.

Netscape 7.2 and Firefox 1.5 and both based on the same version of Mozilla; although, Firefox 1.5 uses a 15 months newer version of Gecko (the rendering engine).

One thing to made sure is that you have setup cookies security setting on Netscape to permit the posetteforever.com to use normal cookies, not just session cookies.  Setting it to permit only session cookies, they will not be saved to disk, and will be discarded once Netscape determines that your current session has ended.

That is assuming that Netscape on Windows uses the same security settings that I am used to with my version of Mozilla and now Firefox.

Don't feel that you are strange for not using IE.  I believe that the use of IE is rare for our active members.  There was a poll about this a while back and IE usage was 63%.  Since that time, new members have some others have gone and software of choice has changed.  Therefore, I have started a new poll to this question.

pangor 

#5  Tormie 26 Dec 2005 09:32

Angela";p="27645 wrote: 
Once more? Can you remember any time that Posy smile uses firefox but after deleting the cookies and logging in a couple of times it did it?

Oh yes   she slapped my hand saying it was my fault...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#6  Angela 26 Dec 2005 09:32

Yes Tormentor I remember everything:  Tormentor said it how did wait test it on something

blank.gif Angela Gender: Female
Online Support
Online Support
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 1730
Lemons 855
hearts 0

#7  Tormie 26 Dec 2005 09:35

However I test the site with I.E., Firefox and Opera and actually it works on my configuration (windows xp media center edition) with each one. I do the test because there are differences in the way each browser see the html code.

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#8  pangor 26 Dec 2005 10:18

That is for certain!  When I write any html, I get it right on the other browsers, then go see the mess that IE makes of it.

Pangor

pangor 

Post Re: New (old) log in problems

#9  melamkish 26 Dec 2005 14:33

Pangor,
I did think to ensure that Netscape was set to allow all cookies here at PF through the security settings.  Will give it another try.  

I also tried Firefox, but will try the cookie deletion again, since Firefox does the same thing.  FF may take a bit longer since I will have to look at the various plugins.   I do not have to work today, so will have a little time to experiment.  

Tormentor,
It may be not be related, but I first noticed the problem when I switched the Style Select to negative. After spending the better part of a day last week reading the forums, I found the negative Style easier on the eyes, but when I then went to the gallery, the board went back to the default Style of subSilver.  The board went back to negative when returning to any other area of the board.

I will try some things here and maybe together we can determine if this is board related, or an isolated incident, and put this problem to rest forever.

By the way using XP professional SR2 with all the updates.

melamkish

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#10  melamkish 26 Dec 2005 14:37

Oh, one last thing.  Just in case the Style Select has anything to do with the problem, I have set everything back to subSilver.  And I noticed that after deleting cookies the first time, the board defaulted back to subSilver as I thought it should.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#11  melamkish 26 Dec 2005 15:25

Ate all the cookies again, this time with a little milk and now I can get to the upload area.  Hmmm... maybe the dual login, the forums and gallery, is what caused the my problem.  I tend to use multiple tabs alot, and maybe I was not logging out of the gallery. So this may have been an isolated incident with Netscape.  Now, to try Firefox.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#12  melamkish 26 Dec 2005 15:49

All is now well with Firefox.  Must not have gotten the browsers cleaned out well enough :oops:.  Will return to this post if I notice any more problems.

Forums Veteran
Forums Veteran
Life + 1
Life + 1

Tomatoes 3560
Lemons 2820
hearts 0

#13  Tormie 26 Dec 2005 16:39

Ok melamkish, I figured out what's happening to you:
The album is fixed on the subsilver style, no one can see it on the negative style, this is due to the fact that the album is a software on its own, what I've done is to simulate on it the subsilver style with other modifications.
The style selection has nothing to do with the cookies, it's written in the database on your options, so if you've selected the negative style , once you're logged in you'll see the forum in negative style, if you're logged out you'll see the forum in the default style, which is subsliver. As I said the album is fixed on subsilver.

So what I think is that you made a lot of changes because you saw the album on a different style and thought to be logged out, obviously it's my fault that I never explained clearly the style thing of the album. The older users know that it is ehm... "particular"   and also caused a lot of troubles in the past.

So go to the negative style, it's not linked to the cookies. You'll see the album in the subsilver style anyway. I'll try to arrange the software for this problem in the future        ...

Posette enthusiast
Posette enthusiast
Life + 1
Life + 1
Renderosity Ban
Renderosity Ban

Tomatoes 72512
Lemons 50450
hearts 5031

#14  pangor 27 Dec 2005 04:25

The album's software being alien to forums software has lead to some interesting situation; however, it is the single most feature rich gallery/album that I have seen.  Melamkish, once you get used to those features, you will find all the others rather anemic.

Pangor

pangor 

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML
HideSimilar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts First problems... Tormie Whip The Admins... 4 10 Aug 2010 21:08 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts Possible Problems Tormie Whip The Admins... 3 29 Aug 2015 15:48 View latest post
ahjah
No new posts The Problems on Rio JanReinar The Posetteforever diary 7 28 Dec 2006 21:30 View latest post
tda42
No new posts Problems again tda42 Shebeen, the Staff forum 10 22 Mar 2008 14:09 View latest post
Tormie
No new posts Computer Problems Den Tracy The Posetteforever diary 4 04 Jan 2004 03:16 View latest post
tda42

Page 1 of 1