Goto page 1, 2  Next

Subject: The look of evil
I'm currently working on a temple for an evil religion and I need to populate it with villians. I just downloaded EvilKeeper (a robed and hooded figure) from PowerWorld but, as usual I want more variety.

So, what, in your opinion, makes a character look really villionous? I can imagine clothes with lots of very dark colors and leering expressions but what else?

Subject:
A hump, a blind eye, the sort of inability due to a hard work in the country

Subject:
horns, fangs, long dirty nails, claws...

Profile PM  
Subject:
Thanks...good ideas both of you.

Subject:
Maybe I'm late with my suggestion :sad: , but increasing ambient in the eyes textures a little, subtle use of the snare morph and the eyebrow down morph and a light coming from the floor can make a character look really bad :lol:

Subject:
For the questions I ask, suggestions are never to late since my skills are always developing. Your suggestions in particular sound intriguing since this may be a way to make them look evil without posting a sign on them saying "I'm the villian" and it doesn't play on common steriotypes. I will certainly give them a try.

Subject:
Bones which you can see under the skin. Like ribs or spine. Think Geiger's ALIEN designs.

Profile PM  
Subject:
I like that idea in theory but I'm not sure how I would implement it...modifying the texture map would rely on my drawing skills (not as good as I would like). I might also add the skeleton to the nude figure and then blend them...I'll work on that one when I get the chance.

Subject:
Could the 'bones' be created with morph points?
I'm sorry if that's a silly sounding comment, however I'm not exactly a Poser expert. :thumb:

Profile PM  
Subject:
Probably could but at my current state of knowledge (advanced beginner) that would be as difficult as painting new textures. I haven't made a morph yet.

Subject:
Not sure if this would help you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villain

Radkres

Profile PM  
Subject:
Hi Radkres :) !! Welcome to Posetteforever :yeah: :go: !

Subject:
Thanks Tormie
Thanks Pangor
Trying not to clutter this thread.

Radkres
1 edit to thank Pangor

Last edited by Radkres on 23 Jul 2006 21:47; edited 1 time in total
Profile PM  
pangor
Subject:
helldorado13 and Radkres welcome to Posetteforever.

duttond try fangs, and creepy colors and lighting to tint the skin.

Subject:
Radkres";p="32148 wrote: 
Not sure if this would help you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villain

Radkres

This looks to be a very interesting site - I look forward to reading it in detail as soon as I get the chance.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2